Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he is a genius because he owns twitter do any of you own twitter?

Those who own twitter, are owned by twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The Musk PR shills should form a union.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If journalists were any good they’d be able to easily A Few Good Men their way into getting Elon to announce he believes in apartheid.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The funniest thing about catturd is he thinks he deserves OnlyFans money for his whiny posts.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
People posting goodbye tweets to their checkmarks because they’re taking a stand might be even more cringe than the idiots who are paying for them.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Sisko would have shoved that checkmark up Elon’s sorry rear end. :colbert:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
lol they hate that the “elites” had checkmarks, now they’re begging those same people to pay $8 or else their $8 checkmarks won’t make them feel elite.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Make sense. Congress understands even less about technology than Musk, so I imagine he’ll become their point man to talk about the future. He’ll assure them they don’t need to worry about climate change because he’s totally gonna invent Mr. Fusion next year. And most other issues in the world can be solved by his ex-wife innovative views on gaming and crypto.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
While you guys were talking about computer class, I somehow missed that Musk’s lawyers had the balls to try and claim his public statements could be deepfaked so what he actually says doesn’t matter.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Wanna see a video of an increasingly unhinged Elon going full Jerry Maguire and explaining to his investors that less users is actually better.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Niwrad posted:

do his investors even care? I figured the Saudis bought in just to get info on dissidents.

Yeah idk what their endgame is, lol if they thought they would make money from Twitter.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Niwrad posted:

He's going to destroy his Tesla biz just so he can appease Mike Cernovich and catturd2

I don’t know if he even can. My experience with Tesla owners and people considering buying one is that they’ll totally ignore everything he says or does, because that would make their expensive purchase stupid, and people will believe anything as long as it’s not them making a mistake.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
He 100% seems like the type that thinks there’s black people, and then there’s racist thing, and the only difference between the two is if he likes the person or they entertain him in some way.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Hillary 2024 posted:

I'm so glad AI is the new tech buzzword. I was sick of seeing "cloud based" plastered all over everything

The secret is to pretend they’re always talking about Allen Iverson.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Spergin Morlock posted:

what kind of moron would say "yes, I'd love to be your new CEO" when the previous guy hasn't even been paying the lease for their HQ? whoever takes over is going to be pressured into signing things that Musk doesn't want to sign

Yeah, you gotta be a total rube to take this gig without getting most of the money upfront. It’s not like you’re going to be allowed to make any decisions.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Fun watching blue checks realize rich idiots don’t give a gently caress about them in real time tho

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It’s always fascinating when female chuds get into positions of any sort of power and immediately discover just the sort of people they’ve been pandering too. It’d be funny if it wasn’t for the death or rape threats.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
lol, somehow in the middle of all this is always forget that their hero literally owns a brain chip implant company.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If Tabbi had any heart at all he’d put every stupid/illegal thing Elon ever said to him on front street, but I imagine he’s still trying to sell the idea that he was a real journalist and not a puppet.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Niwrad posted:

I think they call her a white supremacist because she spoke at a white supremacist convention.

Hard sell considering our boy doesn’t think having swastikas tattoos counts as unequivocal evidence.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Prescott posted:

That seems unlikely. How often do you meet a huge video game fan who’s hateful and miserable about every aspect of their experience?

I see you’re not familiar with the Destiny community.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Why photoshop your hair unless you’re balding? Just get the haircut you want people to think you have

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Hmmmm, wonder what friends Elon and the Dersh have in common. :iiam:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
What’s the monkey killing scenario the FDA wouldn’t have approved of?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Hmmm I wonder how he ended up with such an incompetent staff.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
They literally can’t imagine a scenario where laying off your workforce is not a good idea.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Why can’t Elon just look at the whole codebase, scrolling like The Matrix and find the problems. I was assured by many people that he was genius.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Imagine waking up on your bday and you walk into garage and the flattened corpse of a millionaire is waiting there to help you retrofit your father’s old submersible you’ve been working on. Make it fully electric with Tesla sensors and autopilot

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

This and the one where the guy wanted to wait tables for Musk, Peterson, Shapiro, etc. are amazing. I wanna know what kind of sadness makes it so you don’t even have enough confidence to star in your own fantasies.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
That’s too bad. I was sure it would be a few more weeks before Elon backed out with some lame joke to diffuse his cowardice. I guess his plan of buying a controlling share of fighting and then pretending he invented it didn’t pan out.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Robocop and Starship Troopers should always be watched back to back.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If Threads just keeps the dumbest nazis and reply guys from automatically floating to the top of the comments section, I’ll gently caress with it, idc

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Threads is worth it even if it’s just for Zuck to make Elon sad and afraid for a little while.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Euphoriaphone posted:

i'm rewatching succession and in the first episode when kendall becomes interim ceo and the stock tanks he looks at a graph of the stock price plummeting and says "this is an exact measurement of how much people dislike me"

i hope zuck boasting about signups makes musk feel the same thing

It really should make him feel that way. He hosed up so bad people are willing to go back to the last social media billionaire they detested.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
How many lawsuits is twitter engaged in right now, 40?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Our competitor with the most resources have copied the most easy to copy social media platform in the world, this must be the work of corporate espionage.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
People freaking out like Threads is the end of the world don’t really make sense to me. Yeah it’s an annoying party for brands and influencers right now, but if they don’t have a For You feed within a month no one will use it. If they do implement it, then it just becomes twitter. All the lovable weirdos and girls who wanna show their boobs are I’ll just be on BlueSky either way.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I imagine twitter is of increasing importance to the taliban now that they’re forced to have computer toucher jobs and hate their lives.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://twitter.com/lindayacc/status/1678508114339848194?s=46&t=FB94Wa7qqx0X3Cy8Z1P0nw

The mic drop makes me irrationally angry so I guess I’m owned now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I wonder how many of those extra views are people rushing to twitter to see people have meltdowns over threads.