Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

This is very clearly a hamfisted solution to the mass-blocking twitter blue trend. How bad must the blocks have been getting for him to slap blue onto a bunch of celebrity accounts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Durf posted:

i'm a fun of hollow earth myself. it reminds me of when i used to draw my own fantasy maps as a kid

The thing that pisses me off about the hollow earth more than anything else is the complete lack of understanding about how gravity works. Fricken Isaac Newton centuries ago understood that the gravitational force within a hollow sphere would be cancelled out by the force from other sides, making it effectively zero-gravity inside the shell. You wouldn't stick to the inside due to gravity at all.

Even the King Kong vs. Godzilla movie got this completely wrong drives me crazy. It's not hard science.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

lmao Elon changed the "What is happening?" prompt on twitter to "What is happening?!" what a child

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

It’s genuinely hilarious to watch media use the terms “verified and unverified users” which is total bs instead of “paying and non-paying users”

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Yeah big difference between the Homer (failure of concept) and the cyber truck (failure of concept and execution)

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Ahhhh perfect I've just made my technology indispensable to the US military-industrial complex! Now to cut off access to the puppet regime and take a big sip of water...

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

evilmiera posted:

Remember when responding positively or retweeting Jack Posobiec was like THE surefire way to know you were a nazi?

I have great news some things in life don't change

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Imagine just posting all day and earning a salary of "Owes $40 billion dollars to the Saudis"

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I love how he literally just learned about the distinction between civil and criminal in another tweet and now he’s parroting it back like a child

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Imagine making a car so poo poo that it closes down the US / Canada border on the busiest travel day of the year.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

How long can Twitter last given the raw amount of debt it’s under from musk buying it and erasing its value? will the saudis just forgive the debt because destroying the primary vector for organization of protesting during the Arab Spring is worth the $44B?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

WrasslorMonkey posted:

https://twitter.com/0xgaut/status/1729994441526514024?s=19

The actual quote is

"So, um, no, no, totally, so, so, wha, the, no, a-actually wha-what this advertising boycott i-is, uh, is, is gonna do is it's gonna kill the company"

Holy crap I hadn't seen the video as he drops that line and turns to the audience as if he's expecting 100,000 blue check marks to jump up and yell "MASTERFUL GAMBIT SIR" and it's just dead silence so he just digs himself further in

Absolutely gorgeous.

Tesla board: yes this is a very stable leader to guide our 10x overvalued car company that poorly makes exploding frying pans

Tom Tucker has issued a correction as of 06:13 on Nov 30, 2023

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Legit question - why does he look like that?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Right-wing fascists are also the absolute bottom of the barrel for targeted advertising priorities unless you’re scamming seniors by selling investment plans in Iraqi Dinar.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

nikosoft posted:

Stolen from the AI thread:

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1733119350356205750

They think it's real. lol. lmao!

lmao at anyone who think Grok is anything but word salad vomit

https://twitter.com/OrderOfMentats/status/1733170118186975531

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Countdown until Musk announces Grok will only train on posts from premium users to combat it going woke

Quote this in 1-2 weeks when it happens

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

(spitting out my own teeth) ha! now your knuckles are slightly bruised. thanks for falling into my honey trap lmao

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Rank ordering all of his government's civil servants based on number of falkland islands returned and firing the bottom 50%.

You're an absolute fool if you think this will work.

It has to be by combined surface area of islands returned not the raw number.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I would pay so much money to have a live camera of this man's wife's face while he was trying to get his N64 Goldeneye lemon to work again and then finding out he can't get it fixed as his toddler cries.

Does she tell him how much she told him so, or does she just remain silent and let him stew as he takes a picture and composes his limp impotent tweet at a billionaire? I crushingly want to know.

I'm trying desperately to imagine a scenario where I'd be driving my car and the STEERING and BRAKES failed putting my entire family's life in very palpable danger and I'd be like "gosh I love the car... but one small issue"

What is wrong with these people? It has to be lead poisoning or long covid.

Oh man the other simps are out in force with their sadsack stories in the comments lmao

https://twitter.com/Mattlinn01/status/1764470163523404010

Tom Tucker has issued a correction as of 03:53 on Mar 4, 2024

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

8 years ago I wanted a Tesla so badly. Working in cleantech, my boss had one, everyone was hoping to go electric with solar.

Had lunch with my old boss a month ago and he's so pissed he has to drive the fascist-mobile and can't unload it. I dodged a bullet.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

The REAL Goobusters posted:

lol why the gently caress did you want one so bad

I was an idiot, friend

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

That isn’t even the format of a Jeopardy question, the most well-understand game show format on the planet.

“Voting Republican”
“What is… the only thing worse than nuclear hellfire?”

there I fixed the format of your stupid joke but it doesn’t make it good it still loving sucks.

“Me on Wheel of Fortune: is woke killing America? I’d like to phone a friend!”

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Musk doesn’t have any money he owes billions to the Saudis and if he sells any meaningful stock his board will eviscerate him for erasing their paper wealth even more.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

The other “love the car, though!” cyber truck guy for sure got paid off to delete his tweet and this guy will too.

https://x.com/alphadiviner/status/1765508270133800972?s=46&t=fX0o6uYtY6O7mKWaA6iqgg

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Joementum posted:

Norm is a trophy store employee. I can’t wait to see all the one joke they get out of that premise.

gently caress yeah I’m a Chaz groupie too. Chaz just tell me where to throw the Molotov cocktails I’m on board.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

This is hilarious. forcing celebrities to use your product to make rubes think they used it.

insane that anyone stays on that platform looking like they paid 8 bucks a month for a check mark

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I love the use of the term “organic traffic” because it explicitly INCLUDES bots while seeming like it EXCLUDES bots

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Throw that lemon in a circle baby

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

https://www.dca.ca.gov/acp/pdf_files/lemonlaw_qa.pdf

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

BREAKING: Tesla Cybertruck

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/08/tech/tesla-trial-wrongful-death-walter-huang/index.html

This poor dude's family definitely just pocketed 8 figures.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Yeah when a deposition goes like that my understanding is that there’s nothing you can do at the exact moment but then you take the transcript to the court and the court provides… consequences

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

With its share price in 2021 Tesla could have been SO successful. Just reinvest free money at zero interest rates with huge domestic manufacturing incentives into a mid-quality economy EV sedan and crossover and scale up production before BYD and other Chinese manufacturers can catch up. Instead we have the cyber truck.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I stopped using X, the everything app, about a year and a half ago. I’ve kept my account open so when he inevitably sells it to someone for 1/25th the price he paid and they switch it back to twitter I won’t lose my epic posts.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

She was drunk as a skunk though so it’s not like they can get mad at Musk over it without it backfiring

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I think you will find that when all the work is done by AI and robots that you don't NEED parking at a factory.

That parking lot in the right foreground is MORE than enough parking for the few humans needed to maintain the robots than maintain the other robots.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Why are Teslas so expensive to maintain over time? EVs have half the moving parts of ICE vehicles. The 1-5 year maintenance should be a few tire rotations.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I do this for a living and it’s SO easy to make batteries in the US now every auto OEM has announced a ton of factories of which a handful will be built. Red state governors are handing out 8 figure tax breaks for new factories like candy and you can import materials from china and re-work them in the us to launder batteries. There are so many loopholes in the IRA you could drive a cyber truck through one if you could find one that can drive.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I want to pitch a new version of Batman Begins where the chairman of the board is the hero. He’s running a successful business when this tech obsessed billionaire shows up after being off the grid for years, plows his way through Gothams high society making enemies everywhere and embarrassing the Wayne brand, then he tries to put a random executive in charge because the executive made a cool car that can jump over ramps and encourages his risky base jumping hobby.

It would be his duty to the board to stop Bruce Wayne from coming into a position of power and torpedoing the company with his constant bad press and elevation of fringe technology development with no monetary application just like they should be doing with Musk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

How is it that the objectively good community notes which keeps dunking on people only a feature on the objectively worse platform X, the everything app?