Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

science eXit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Demon Of The Fall posted:

not being able to read any actual Twitter comments is kinda pog

yeah, deleted my account, and it's kind of nice. another reason to stop going there is that profiles sort posts by number of likes rather than by date without logging in.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

the dreaded pubic pregnancy

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

x corp ceo, what third rate scifi show is this

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah how's this passing any road crash worthiness requirements?

let's make a truck out of knife-shaped knife material.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

with poor husbandry, any research monkey colony will provide a steady supply of tributes

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

100% those monkeys had more emotional empathy than him

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Nitrousoxide posted:

Lithium mines, while not great for their immediate surroundings, are not a global ecological disaster decades in the making like fossil fuels are.

tell that to the seafloor

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

pretty funny that grimes said elon had no hobbies outside of videogames. big brain genius hasn't figured out that physical activity makes your brain function better, but he does a bunch of stupid poo poo instead to try to approximate that.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

love this reality where a billionaire talks about enacting ghost in the shell to a world leader and gets taken seriously

efb

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

these monkey experiments seem to be operating out of normal IACUC standards, and he's getting a pass for being musk. implants are notorious for infections, because bacteria form a biofilm that is protected on the foreign material that cannot be eliminated by antibiotics. the only thing that works is removing the contaminated implant. the other thing is that monkeys are notorious for picking at incision sites. they are very dexterous and call pull out all their sutures if precautions aren't taken. having bone screws come loose seems very sloppy, which means there probably aren't veterinary surgeons doing these procedures.

edit: lose>loose

Rauros has issued a correction as of 03:55 on Sep 22, 2023

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

those monkey experiments were at the california national primate research center in davis which raises even more questions

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

wait, elon owning himself?

Elon Musk posted:

"I want to temper expectations for Cybertruck," Musk said, while making the absurd claim that "there have not been new car [brands] that have been successful for 100 years, apart from Tesla."

"We dug our own grave with Cybertruck," Musk told investors, calling it the type of special product with lots of bells and whistles that only comes along once in a while.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-cybertruck-deliveries-begin-november-elon-musk/

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

died of ventilator with covid

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

a work of art with that flosser litter

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

UFOTacoMan posted:

elon please make a giant umbrella pop out over my car when it's raining

hmmm...

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

thinking about a recent radiolab episode crowing about how self-driving cars would make the roads safer.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

strong energy

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Juul-Whip posted:

when was the last time he crusaded for the climate. newer tesla models are even less green than the old ones

he is denying climate change now

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1672793968587702272

quote:

Important to note that what happens on Earth’s surface (eg farming) has no meaningful impact on climate change.

Overwhelmingly, the risk of climate change is due to moving billions of tons of carbon from deep underground into the atmosphere.

Over time, if we keep doing this, the chemical makeup of our atmosphere will change enough to induce meaningful climate change

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

leave my large adult son alone!

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

i appreciate all the &'s in the undergraduate writing assignment he's so proud of

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

maybe we should wait a couple decades to see what it's like without ecosystem services first

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

i did like that the oliver piece made the point that pedestrians didn't sign up for the FSD beta test.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Mr Interweb posted:

wait was there actual sex involved? i thought it was just one dude getting naked and dry humping the desk?

he was the one getting humped

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

this was as far as i went, but it was still pretty funny:

:nws: https://lynnwoodtimes.com/2023/12/20/senate-sex-tape-231220/

edit: nm, i never saw the video on that link further down if you can't imagine it

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

In Training posted:

Nice. Would anybody else like to share some fanfiction about Elon Musk.

Elon Musk tragically succumbed to chronic renal failure early Sunday morning at the age of 56. Despite having received a kidney transplant three years ago, Musk was commonly interviewed while receiving dialysis in recent months after his donor kidney promptly failed. Musk was notably seeking legal action against multiple "woke" medical groups that rejected his request for a second kidney transplant. Doctors reported that he was a poor candidate for further donation due to his heavy ketamine use that precipitated the failure of his original and donor kidneys. Musk was also unsuccessful in securing a transplant surgery in Mexico after years of anti-Hispanic sentiment directed at the immigration crisis on the US's southern border.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

i love how that signboard looks like a shadow curse taking hold

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

woke mind virus purged at spacex

quote:

The rocket and satellite maker SpaceX was accused by a US labor agency of unlawfully firing eight employees for circulating a letter calling the founder and CEO, Elon Musk, a “distraction and embarrassment”.
The letter sent to SpaceX executives in June 2022 focused on a series of tweets Musk had made since 2020, many of which were sexually suggestive. The employees claimed Musk’s statements did not align with the company’s policies on diversity and workplace misconduct and called on SpaceX to condemn them.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2024/jan/03/spacex-employees-fired-elon-musk-labor-board

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

that flat light in the snow really makes it look like poo poo

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

new yorker, but this was pretty funny:

https://www.newyorker.com/tech/annals-of-technology/what-we-lost-when-twitter-became-x

quote:

On Slack, employees weren’t afraid to directly mention the company’s co-founder Jack Dorsey, or its C.E.O., Parag Agrawal; if someone poked fun at @jack or @paraga, the executives often responded with sassy repartee. But, when Musk took over, questioning of him led to swift firings. A number of employees debated Musk’s actions in the company-wide #social-watercooler channel, and, the day after, we woke up to find many of their accounts gone.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

"i'll call elon. he'll get you out!" lmao

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

CubanMissile posted:

If it drives like that on fresh pow it’s gonna be hilarious when all that poo poo gets compacted into ice.

runaway fridge

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Citing “crew safety,” NASA delays upcoming Artemis missions by about a year

https://arstechnica.com/space/2024/01/citing-crew-safety-nasa-delays-upcoming-artemis-missions-by-about-a-year

hmm yeah about that first part

whatever, the rocket blew up only a little before it was supposed to. sounds perfectly safe to me.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

https://wccftech.com/musk-blows-the-lid-off-starship-exolosion-says-spacex-loaded-it-with-too-much-fuel/

quote:

So, flight 2 actually almost made it to orbit. So, in fact, ironically if it had a payload, it would have made it to orbit because the reason that it actually didn't quite make it to orbit was we vented the liquid oxygen. And the liquid oxygen [inaudible] led to fire and an explosion, because we wanted to vent the liquid oxygen because we normally wouldn't have that liquid oxygen if we had a payload. So, ironically, if it had a payload, it would have reached orbit. And so I think we've got a really got shot of reaching orbit with flight 3, and then a rapid cadence to achieve full and rapid reusablity.

eloquent as always, sir

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

that 1/4 mile towing drag race never happened. it was only 1/8 mile and used a tri-motor cyberbeast not currently available. sorry, a lot of words to explain some stupid poo poo:

quote:

After the man's in-depth explanations amassed half a million views, the Cybertruck lead engineer confirmed that the quarter-mile race didn't happen. Morrill argued that it wasn't necessary because the best eighth-mile time the tri-motor Cybertruck got while towing the 911 was 7.8 seconds. Meanwhile, the manual Porsche needed 8.0 seconds to cross the eighth-mile marker.

Morrill said that going through with the quarter-mile race was unnecessary, and it might have even been unsafe. The trailer they used was rated to 80 mph maximum. The Cyberbeast crossed the finish line at 88 mph, whereas the 911 was clocked at 93 mph.

So, the team behind this marketing stunt ran a simulation of the quarter-mile race where the all-electric pickup truck won. "Our simulations showed the full 1/4 mi race would be close but with the same net result, so no need to risk it. We also had some room to further lightweight the trailer but didn't need to," added the Cybertruck's lead engineer.

As such, the quarter-mile drag race didn't happen. Does that make the Cybertruck or Cyberbeast look like flops? No. Is it a useless exaggeration? Yes. I will even go as far as to say that the engineer-turned-YouTuber's suggestion to have Elon Musk issue an apology to Porsche still stands.

Some might argue that advertisements don't have to tell us the whole truth, but the world's most valuable automaker should arguably be held to a higher standard than other companies. Tesla didn't even bother to mention that the 911 it used for this drag race had a seven-speed manual transmission.
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/cybertruck-lead-engineer-confirms-elon-musk-misspoke-but-there-s-an-upside-227580.html

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

look at the delta :hmmno:

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

saving the world from what?

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Considering the stuff that collects in rain water, especially over high car use areas, :laffo: The best way to keep your Cybertruck from looking like poo poo is simply to not use it and never let anyone touch it while keeping it in a sterile environment bing bong so simple

the stainless steel fridge in my rental was really dirty after almost a couple years, so i dug out the gross hydrocarbon stainless steel cleaner under the sink. after i was done, there were more than a few rust spots from just being in my kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

he's a micromanager :smug:

quote:

In conversations with 35 current and former Tesla employees, CEO Elon Musk is described as a polarizing figure who inspires but micromanages to an extreme.

quote:

"No one can join Tesla, even as a contractor, until you receive my email approval," Musk said in an email reviewed by outlets such as Reuters and Insider.

quote:

In 2015, Musk described himself as a "nano-manager" in an interview with The Wall Street Journal.

"Diamonds are created under pressure, and Elon Musk is a master diamond maker," Dolly Singh, former head of talent acquisition at SpaceX, previously told Insider.