Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Elon Musk has ten children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

New thread? Sounds dangerous. I think we should slow down and return to the old thread, there was more freedom there.

If that were actually true, “the old thread” of 5 years ago would have all the posts today, but it does not

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

adding "government-funded media" to the great british bake off's twitter account

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

[Musk] radical decentralized ubi thru crypto and gaming

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Car dealership owner is probably the #1 job of low-level politicians

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

one pursued his dreams and was imploded...

the most dangerous kink

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

the cat is too out of the bag for any of this to work anymore. the whole system depends on a bait-and-switch model where VC money props up a functional social media site just long enough to build a userbase before turning on them and ruining the experience. but we've been through that routine multiple times now, and poo poo like Threads only looks so bad because they skipped the bait part and went straight for switch because they don't want to play that whole game again.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Threads probably isn't that much worse than Twitter. People just have good memories on Twitter and want it to be good again, but this is the endpoint of all of these things.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

something awful is of course immune to this because we use a co-op model. the something awful co-op

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

i'm sorry but i have to push back. this isn't nostalgia, twitter was objectively better before musk hosed it up. you could poo poo on it for causing people to be online addicts and it was still too lenient on the fash crowd, but on at least one metric, it was leagues better: curating tweets that you actually wanted to see. i've bitched about it before, but at least 80% of my feed on the "for you" page is full of rightwing dipshits. and the other 20% are filled with like 5 of same people that i happen to like over and over again. there are people i used to see all the time who i haven't seen in weeks, sometimes even months.

it is an objectively worse site now than at any point before musk took over

Yeah I'm comparing current twitter with threads. Musk sped up the process but the endpoint for all of these services is bad because it's the only way they can find to monetize the idea sufficiently

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

we love the subs

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

what are tweets called now?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Children who don't recognize his face -> siX

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This rebrand is on the level of TNN turning into Spike TV.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

setting up airhorns on the roof of twitter's offices to keep the birds off

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

this is musk's Yusuf Islam moment

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This actually got me to look at Twitter again for the first time in a couple of years. My first thought was that I used to follow a bunch of really stupid people, but then I realized that I don't actually follow any of them. My feed is full of garbage that I never asked for. Wtf.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

anyone else seeing a lot of ads for Xfinity

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Equis

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Chi

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Ngl game news on Google sucks rear end now because ai makes articles based on dumbass reddit posts

reddit is full of AI posts now too. the internet is full of garbage.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

you know, another way of looking a this is that musk would probably be pretty ok at marketing a mid-tier energy drink to 16-24 year old males

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

what idiot would spend their gambling money on coffee?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

WHO HAVE?!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

video hosted on twitter.com

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

All of this is incredibly stupid to an outsider, but is it that dumb as part of the Bitcoin, blockchain, NFT, economy? The market is ripe for more bullshit.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

WrasslorMonkey posted:

no im smiling

your date arrives, and he is also your favorite poo poo poster. what's the first thing you say to him?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I don't know if it was the steering or the fact that you get no engine feedback (auditory or via the pedals) but the closest thing I could equate driving the electric car to was riding in the passenger seat of a regular car. Just complete detachment from the control of the car. I'll fully admit to just being an old gently caress who doesn't like change. I'm sure give me a month or two and I'd start to appreciate it more, and it would become normal.

No, it's ok, some things really do get worse

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

They replaced headlights with night vision

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

There's nothing wrong with extended cab or short beds on trucks, but there's an obvious design contradiction in most modern trucks that are loving huge while having vestigial truck functionality. If they were half the size, I wouldn't be laughing at them for not being able to transport a loveseat.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

What are the chances that when EVs are more widely adopted we'll see more flat-nosed design in them? Probably zero but a man can dream.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

siphoning money away from the military industrial complex to use for peace. thank you, elon!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

you should still learn to drive even if you're moving somewhere else

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

Lithium mines, while not great for their immediate surroundings, are not a global ecological disaster decades in the making like fossil fuels are.

I'm not disagreeing with this, but it's a bit like saying coal mining isn't bad, coal burning is bad.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

UFOTacoMan posted:

I wonder if it was a big loving deal when elon had kids with his subordinate without telling grimes ?

What is even the story of this? Did Elon run away with his maid? Why is Grimes acting like he stole her children?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's so funny before his free speech pivot he claimed he was taking over to stomp out the bots and I got followed by what must have been over a hundred bots since his takeover when I don't remember ever getting followed by one before. Also saw bots regularly liking random tweets which pretty much never happened either.

A few years ago a tweet of mine got 15k likes and I got 0 new followers out of it. Now I get new followers all the time, and they're all sexy ladies who want to chat. Thank you, Elon!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

you can tweet for free but then you pay based on the engagement the tweet receives

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

So if I use one of these invite links you guys are all going to look at who I follow and want to talk to me on there? No thanks

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

He could have simply stopped accepting federal money for SpaceX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I also did not go to the hospital after my third shot.