Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
harry bōlz 🤣🤣

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
51 year old elon musk

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I noticed that there seems to be some confusion in this thread about the topic of discussion. I just wanted to clarify that this thread is actually about Elon Musk, and not Harry Bolz.

While both individuals are certainly interesting in their own right, the purpose of this forum is to share thoughts and opinions about Elon Musk, his companies, and his impact on the world.

So, if you have any thoughts or insights to share about Elon Musk, please feel free to contribute to the discussion. Let's keep the focus on the topic at hand and continue to explore the many facets of this fascinating entrepreneur.

There is no definitive answer to why Elon Musk might want to use that as a pseudonym on Twitter, but some possible reasons are:
  • He might want to have some fun or make a joke with his followers.
  • He might want to create some mystery or intrigue about his upcoming projects or collaborations.
  • He might want to prank people.
  • He might want to pay homage to a crypto pioneer or a Bitcoin creator who also used pseudonyms.

In any case, Elon Musk has not given any official explanation for his name change or his tweet about impersonation, so we can only speculate about his motives.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
Harry Bōlz is another name for Elon Musk, at least on Twitter. He changed his Twitter name to Harry Bōlz on April 10, 2023, without giving any explanation or reason for it. Some people think it might be a joke, a prank, a pun, or a reference to something, but no one knows for sure what it means or why he did it. It is one of his many puzzling and perplexing moves on social media that often leave his fans and followers scratching their heads.

I don’t know what Harry Bōlz means. It could be a random name that Elon Musk chose for no particular reason. It could be a play on words that sounds like something else. It could be a reference to a person, a character, a project, or a concept that he is interested in or involved with. It could be a code or a signal that he is trying to communicate something to someone. It could be anything or nothing at all.

I think it might sound like something else, depending on how you pronounce it or spell it. For example, it might sound like “hairy balls” or “harry balls”, which could be a crude or vulgar joke. It might also sound like “haribo”, which is a brand of gummy candies, or “hariboos”, which is a vulgar term for breasts. It might also sound like “haribol”, which is a Hindu greeting meaning “glory to God”. It might also sound like something else that I don’t know.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

elon musk is funny and everyone in this thread is jealous of that fact maybe some of you should try running multiple billion dollar companies before you start criticizing him

Some possible reasons why his pranks are not funny are:
  • They are too obscure or cryptic for most people to understand or appreciate.
  • They are too childish or immature for his position and influence as a business leader and innovator.
  • They are too insensitive or irresponsible for the serious issues or topics he is involved in or commenting on.
  • They are too repetitive or predictable for his followers and the public who expect more originality and creativity from him.
In this context, his pranks are not funny because they lack wit, charm, or relevance.

I would say that he is not funny for the same reasons that his pranks are not funny, plus some more:
  • He is not funny because he often makes jokes or comments that are offensive, controversial, or misleading to some people or groups.
  • He is not funny because he sometimes uses humor as a way to avoid responsibility or accountability for his actions or words.
  • He is not funny because he rarely shows empathy or compassion for others who are suffering or struggling.
  • He is not funny because he seems to take himself too seriously or too lightly, depending on the situation.
In this context, he is not funny because he is arrogant, insensitive, dishonest, or out of touch.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
bingGPT just spat those out btw i didn't even have to call him unfunny lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

While I can understand why some may feel that his pranks lack relevance or originality, I would argue that these reasons are not necessarily why his pranks are not funny.

Firstly, humor is subjective, and what one person finds funny, another may not. Therefore, it is unfair to generalize that his pranks are not funny simply because they do not appeal to everyone.

Secondly, the fact that his pranks may be obscure or cryptic can actually add to their humor for those who do understand them. It can create a sense of exclusivity or inside joke for those who are "in on it."

Furthermore, just because he is a business leader and innovator does not mean that he cannot engage in childlike humor. In fact, it can be seen as a refreshing break from the seriousness of his job.

Lastly, his repetitive or predictable pranks may actually serve as a branding tool, as it creates a consistent image for him and his company.

While I do acknowledge that some of the additional reasons listed for why he is not funny may have some merit, it is important to separate his sense of humor from his personality traits. It is possible for someone to be funny but also lack empathy or show arrogance.

Overall, I believe that the reasons given for why his pranks are not funny are not necessarily accurate or fair, and that humor is a personal preference that cannot be generalized.

Elon Musk Is Not Funny And Here's Why

Elon Musk is a billionaire who thinks he's a comedian. He likes to make jokes on Twitter, on podcasts, and even on Saturday Night Live. But his jokes are not funny. They are cringey, lame, and sometimes offensive. Here are some reasons why Elon Musk is not funny and why you should stop laughing at his attempts at humor.

## He's Out Of Touch With Reality

Elon Musk lives in a bubble of wealth and privilege that makes him oblivious to the struggles of ordinary people. He thinks he can solve any problem with his money, his rockets, or his brain implants. He doesn't care about the environmental impact of his businesses, the labor rights of his workers, or the ethical implications of his projects. He just wants to be seen as a visionary and a genius. But he's not. He's a clueless and arrogant jerk who doesn't understand how the world works. He makes jokes about things that are not funny, like nuking Mars, colonizing other planets, or overthrowing governments. He mocks people who criticize him or challenge him, like journalists, regulators, or whistleblowers. He acts like he's above the law and the rules of society.

He's not funny. He's delusional.

## He's Not Original Or Creative

Elon Musk likes to pretend that he's a master of innovation and creativity. He claims that he invented things like electric cars, reusable rockets, or hyperloops. He says that he has ideas for things like underground tunnels, solar roofs, or neural links. He boasts that he can do anything he sets his mind to. But he can't. He's a copycat and a fraud who steals ideas from others and passes them off as his own. He doesn't invent anything new or useful. He just repackages old concepts and adds some hype and marketing. He relies on other people's work and expertise to make his products and services work. He takes credit for things that he didn't do or contribute to.

He's not funny. He's boring.

## He's Not Humble Or Self-Aware

Elon Musk likes to think that he's a humble and self-aware person who can laugh at himself and his mistakes. He tries to act like he's one of us, a regular guy who likes memes, video games, and pop culture. He uses internet slang, references obscure jokes, and posts silly pictures. He makes fun of his own failures and flaws. But he doesn't. He's a narcissist and a sociopath who only cares about himself and his ego. He pretends to be relatable and down-to-earth, but he's actually aloof and detached. He uses humor as a weapon, a shield, or a distraction. He makes fun of others more than himself. He never admits his faults or apologizes for his actions.

He's not funny. He's pathetic.

## Conclusion

Elon Musk is not funny and you shouldn't laugh at his jokes. They are not clever, witty, or amusing. They are stupid, offensive, and annoying. They show how out of touch, unoriginal, and self-centered he is. They reveal how much he lacks empathy, integrity, and humility.

He's not a comedian. He's a clown.

And clowns are scary.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Just a Moron posted:

Is this another chat-gpt post? I can't trust multiparagraph posts anymore

no thats part of the article from slate

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

moist turtleneck posted:

this was a funny article about the tesla tablets and how they saved money by using tablets that weren't made for handling heat, cold, vibrations, etc

https://www.thedrive.com/tech/27989/teslas-screen-saga-shows-why-automotive-grade-matters

lol

quote:

Tesla appeared to mostly fix this problem with its "cabin overheat protection" feature (which it sold as being to protect dogs and children, despite the fact that it held the temperature at +40C which is about the temperature where a child's organs will start shutting down)

working as designed

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1648770155462242306

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol i just remembered elon already hates microsoft because he thinks they control chatgpt

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

tim's weeney

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

looking good sir

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Glumwheels posted:

Was this dude always a piece of poo poo or what?

https://twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1649782798914387970

What loving proof is there of this?

lol it sounds like hes mad that he got a checkmark for being a successful businessman or whatever while some dumbass influencer also got one

but he wants to couch that in "fairness" by saying "well, truly everyone should be able to get one too if they can afford it"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
thats not what open source means

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thats elon test not elon musk

look at the thread it's definitely him

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Stereotype posted:

i assume that tiny profile in the corner of musk's screenshot of his own page is what it looks like when you have a second account

that's what i'm guessing too. i don't think the "elon test" account would have been able to get a higher res version of the same pic either, unless he had used it before on his main account or something

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
ugh i wish i didn't click on elon's feed this morning

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1650843875622232064

regardless of whether or not the thing he's replying to is true (idk) here he is lamenting that an 18 year old is a "child" in the same sentence as saying "mature, consenting adults should do as they wish"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/twitter-elon-musk-boy-kidnapped-groomed-discord-roblox-mcconney-rcna77985

quote:

A 13-year-old boy was groomed publicly on Twitter and kidnapped, despite numerous chances to stop it

The abduction came after a series of missed opportunities where Twitter and law enforcement failed to effectively intervene.

:stare:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

shyduck posted:

that Elon test account is now gone

no its not? https://twitter.com/ErmnMusk/with_replies

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

women were banned from performing in plays so all the female roles were performed by men in drag

well yeah afaik this is true to the point that its part of the etymology of the word "actress"

by the time they were actually allowed in the profession women were viewed as inferior to men so the term was derogatory. it's debatable whether or not it is now i guess, but i've been trying to use "actor" instead since any gender is only implicit from the existence of a possibly derisive feminine version

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Mr Interweb posted:

:lmao:

are you loving kidding me? so you can only use this stupid thing a handful of times per year?

oh i'm fully aware of all that. the problem is that for some reason a majority of the small handful of dbz sites that happened to even have full episodes also seemed to have some kind of cap on their download speed for some stupid reason? like, i had a 33.6k connection at home ( :psyduck: ) but even the T3 connections at my school library barely did much better. by the time one episode would finish, lunch would already be over :argh:

and honestly, looking back it's kind of crazy to see how far we've come in terms of online media. hell, even youtube didn't have 480p videos until 2008!

2008 was 15 years ago

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Rynn posted:

13/52 horseshit

what is that

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

hailthefish posted:

More ~it's statistics, the numbers don't lie, I'm not racist I'm a race realist~ anti-Black racism poo poo

oh

well if he subscribes to that end wokeness idiot then probably pretty soon

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i mean maybe they are protesting in the subway because thats where the guy was murdered :shrug:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1655692196010418176

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1655693826361638912

been just asking questions a lot lately

e: jfc

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1655711832407957504

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

shut it down

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I literally can’t wrap my mind around what kind of bespoke, genetically engineered and raised on research chemicals brain worms you must have to forgo $25 million United States earth dollars so you can scream into the void on Twitter.

he is already incredibly wealthy and probably figures he can make it up in subscription revenue

assuming elon ever pays out

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

roffles posted:

maybe Jon Stewart still has enough in the tank to bully tucker off of Twitter or at least make him toxic to the moderates.

doesn't he have a show on apple tv

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol i just remembered that tucker is probably used to accurate viewership metrics and not whatever the gently caress fake numbers someone came up with to show elon because they didn't want to get fired

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lmao thats the one with the cybershovels that elon was driving

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i love advertisements, particularly twitter advertisements

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol her face is huge

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Elias_Maluco posted:

Yeah, sorry for the derail, but "Gisele Bundchen is an illuminati" followed by "Gisele Bundchen is trans" are hot takes I wanst really prepared to read today

there was something going around yesterday where a bunch of terfs were convinced jennifer aniston is trans

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://twitter.com/teslaeurope/status/1655621473707470849

probably just a coincidence

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wild turkeys arent using twitter

thats why he hired an advertising executive

Beeftweeter