Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Chinatown posted:

my car is in the shop because the AC no blow cold air :sigh:

remove the ac and roll the windows down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

remove the ac and roll the windows down

i need to get an oil change and new tires this week and maybe look into working on my suspension

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

MrQwerty posted:

i need to get an oil change and new tires this week and maybe look into working on my suspension

oil changes are a facade propagated by big oil, get some toyo proxes, and chop your springs so you get a nice lowered look (+ also roll your fenders to fit your toyo proxes)

next

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

oil changes are a facade propagated by big oil, get some toyo proxes, and chop your springs so you get a nice lowered look (+ also roll your fenders to fit your toyo proxes)

next

I'm not sure that's going to work on a '99 ranger with a camper

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

MrQwerty posted:

I'm not sure that's going to work on a '99 ranger with a camper

you have no imagination. and i'm disappointed in you

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

you have no imagination. and i'm disappointed in you

I also want to continue using my truck as a truck and do not have like $5000 to spend on wheels and tires

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
more liek the stealership am i right!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Chinatown posted:

more liek the stealership am i right!

mechanics are working hard to keep cars on the road and we have belligerent customers like mrqwerty here who think they know everything about cars and think they're getting ripped off all the time when we're just trying to perform simple routine service

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

SIR

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Put olive oil in your car for flavour

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!

Ralph Hurley posted:

Occasionally if they needed to show Alf’s whole body he would be a little actor in a suit instead of a puppet which i found hilarious.

Alf running was the thing of nightmares.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

i read auto shjop and immediately thought of my rotary which has frequent mechanical needs

I read last week that somebody succesfully developed a reverse-rotary - the rotor is oval and the combustion chamber is triangular:

https://newatlas.com/automotive/inside-out-wankel/

They made sure it runs on diesel and jet fuel because they're trying to sell it to the military, but I want one! And not a clapped-out milsurp one in 20 years, either.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I binged most of it in the background while packing up for a move a few years back.

For a poo poo 80s sitcom it holds up relatively well, there's some laughs.

Revins posted:

Wasn't ALF super-popular in its heyday for some reason, like the biggest show on TV for awhile

It's honestly hard to describe how huge it was for a while, almost Bart Simpson level of pop culture infection.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 10, 2023

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

It ran for over 100 episodes.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

You Are A Elf posted:

You’re probably thinking of Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue. ALF’s animated version was in that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0-vGW6p3zk

I wonder if the crackhead dad watched that

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Alf could be one of the biggest unsalvagable IPs out there. The original show is just so immensely bad that reruns are unheard of, yet it was huge. As an 80’s kid Alf merch would just materialize around you like a magic fungi. You could not live an alf-less life.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Gritty animated alf reboot

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Colonel Cancer posted:

in the gritty alf reboot, a group of hioghschool kids call alf the r-word and there is a very special episode regarding this

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

Mindy Kaling's redemption project

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

They made an Alf tv movie in the 90s. I am a bit too young to remember 80s Alf but I watched the tv movie and I think it involved him and some teenagers trying to outfox the government trying to catch Alf cause he was an alien.

A missed opportunity for an X-Files crossover there if you ask me.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
https://youtu.be/QBvbsl9Z-Nk

Let's not forget the Alf crossover with Mr. Robot (sorta) :spergin:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like when he says “HEY WILLIE!”

Haha gets me every time

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

wth is an auto shop?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

flubber nuts posted:

wth is an auto shop?

ask your mommy and daddy

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Doesn't alf literally end with moulder & skully and the crew dragging him into a vivisection chamber

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

ask a rotary-owner

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

gonna stance my house and mod the kitchen with some LED underbody lights on the appliances

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

My grandpa had an Alf stuffed toy (he fuckin loved Alf) that I used to play with when I visited. When my grandparents died recently, I specifically asked that I get Alf. He now sits on a couch in my spare room and I say hello and give him a pat on the head almost whenever I go in that room.

Basically what i'm saying is, if you got a problem with Alf, you got a problem with ME :toughguy:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

they won't touch it cause it's always busted in novel ways

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I just remembered we had an alf toy and there's a picture somewhere of one of our cats spooning with it

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
So like, did they just imply he eats cats, or does he just off-handedly mention that he eats cats occasionally, or is him eating cats a plot point during an episode? Seems kinda hosed up to have him eat cats if you ask me.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Pitdragon posted:

So like, did they just imply he eats cats, or does he just off-handedly mention that he eats cats occasionally, or is him eating cats a plot point during an episode? Seems kinda hosed up to have him eat cats if you ask me.

Nah that's like his main redeeming trait, eating all the pussy

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Colonel Cancer posted:

Nah that's like his main redeeming trait, eating all the pussy

So it's just a sex joke? Or is there like, an episode where the family Alf lives with has to deal with some awkward neighbor situations because Alf is eating all the neighborhood cats? Is there a scene where a neighbor has a cat go missing and then they discover Alf with a cats tail hanging out of his mouth which he then proceeds to slurp it up like spaghetti? Just how hosed up was this show???

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Meat is meat my dude it's not like he was eating babies

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
So what he just devours cats whole while the family he lives with watches on? What power does Alf have over them? Do they just hate cats?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

i put my rx7 back on the road today op. thinking to take it for a spin later mayhaps
Good.

Alf made a Miata joke at one point, I had no idea what a "Miata" was back then.

I now drive a Miata.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

mobby_6kl posted:

Good.

Alf made a Miata joke at one point, I had no idea what a "Miata" was back then.

I now drive a Miata.

alf was a big mazda guy, as established earlier in the thread

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
For a special treat y'all need to check out the heartwarming and hilarious Alf Christmas Special, which features a dying little girl and a suicidal man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQV15vtFkLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
engine was flooded, cranked er til it fired up and blew a big blast of 0 emissions restrictions white cloud out the tail pipe. tires were low pressure, filled em up and went for a rip. runs mint, aside from a newly developed oil leak