Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Your Family posted:

Honestly, the amount of work and pre-thought to make those fold-ins is honestly genius. I logistically could never do that month after month.

Each one was painted on masonite board, so could not actually be folded. Jaffe had to plan every one really carefully, because checking the final product was basically impossible until it was too late. He did one for every single monthly (and quarterly) issue but one.

As the resident boomer, I really liked Mad Magazine, and was saddened when it folded. I'll miss Al's talents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

The Cubelodyte posted:

Well, that sucks. RIP. Is Aragones now the only one left out of the usual gang of idiots?

Pretty much. Had a chance to talk to him once. His dad was a movie producer and he used Sergio (who was a child at the time) as a stunt double whenever Sheena, Queen of the Jungle needed to do something dangerous.