Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That's a sad finale but that's just how things go sometimes I guess. You beat Death but you still died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's a sad finale but that's just how things go sometimes I guess. You beat Death but you still died.

I think this means that you become the new Death now at least. Someone's gotta take his place.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Simply Simon posted:

Aria of Sorrow Reprise Roguelike Randomizer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8n_HUFte-Q

That's it!

For now?

I'm still at the start of the video, but +Max HP items and souls are really dangerous. They increase your health by a certain amount, and if you take them off while your HP is below that amount they will kill you stone dead. So that's why Soma cried out like he was hurt - he was! For 20 HP of damage.

EDIT: Also Vajaya is like the sword version of Kaiser Knuckle. Lightning repeatedly strikes around where you hit. It's really, really good.

Although in my experience, the endgame of Aria Roguelike depends on finding one of the endgame holy weapons - Claimh Solais or Excalibur - and using that to get to the end. Still, making it that far on your first attempt is really good!

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 27, 2023

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Huh, that's very good to know about the sword! I usually am more adventurous about trying out stuff, but the live setting and inherent risk made me not want to. I'll keep it in mind!

Personal, I think the biggest issue is that I'm rear end at Balore - I can beat most Aria bosses first try, but that one's always an issue for me. I think it's because it's the only one where you just have to learn the positioning for every single move to avoid heavy damage - I don't particularly like doing that so usually I just damage race him. Bad idea here.

In contrast, every Circle of the Moon boss demands that you learn the positioning, so I did, and I rule at Circle now.

...wait a minute...

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Simply Simon posted:

Aria of Sorrow Reprise Roguelike Randomizer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8n_HUFte-Q

That's it!

For now?
Oh hey, I got mentioned!

Anyway, relevant stuff: I'm pretty sure I specifically mentioned that Winged Skeleton was a good budget soul; it has strengths, but damage per hit is, unfortunately, not one of them, as you'd expect from the first soul in the game. At least the "pierce through enemies" aspect has its uses, though.

Anyway, I've been doing a seed of my own after seeing this, and it's been enjoyable so far. Hope to see more of this, if you want to show it off again! (And if not, well, no hard feelings, and I hope you find something else to do, whether you show it to others or not.)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Simply Simon posted:

Personal, I think the biggest issue is that I'm rear end at Balore - I can beat most Aria bosses first try, but that one's always an issue for me. I think it's because it's the only one where you just have to learn the positioning for every single move to avoid heavy damage - I don't particularly like doing that so usually I just damage race him. Bad idea here.

The Medusa Head soul completely chumps Balore's second phase. It keeps your position locked in the air, so just activate while you're next to his eye and just beat it up while his shockwaves float under you.

Also you killed a bunch of Lightning Dolls while you had a Charon's Obol in your inventory :argh: It's so good!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The second phase is generally not the one that needs chumping, though, you can just kickjump through it.

e: Aw hell, the kickjump isn't a guaranteed ability in Aria, is it.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

C-Euro posted:

The Medusa Head soul completely chumps Balore's second phase. It keeps your position locked in the air, so just activate while you're next to his eye and just beat it up while his shockwaves float under you.

Also you killed a bunch of Lightning Dolls while you had a Charon's Obol in your inventory :argh: It's so good!
1) I knew about the Medusa Head soul; I was in fact about to say something about it but got distracted by getting my rear end beat lol
2) sure but it's much more boring than seeing what random chance gives me. Also Nightmare is really good too!

anilEhilated posted:

The second phase is generally not the one that needs chumping, though, you can just kickjump through it.

e: Aw hell, the kickjump isn't a guaranteed ability in Aria, is it.
I was in fact lamenting that it hadn't shown up yet!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I forgot. Sorry.

Great videos, though! Turns out I can consume pretty much unlimited amounts of the GBA/DS Castlevania content.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Simply Simon actually got really shafted in terms of Green soul drops. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to find the kick soul way before floor 70. And the Hippogryph too.

I know for a fact they guarantee double jump starting in the 30s. I think around 35 it will start spawning anywhere that there's an opportunity. So it's bizarre that by double that, the high jump and kicks were nowhere to be seen. :psyduck:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

Simply Simon actually got really shafted in terms of Green soul drops. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to find the kick soul way before floor 70. And the Hippogryph too.

I know for a fact they guarantee double jump starting in the 30s. I think around 35 it will start spawning anywhere that there's an opportunity. So it's bizarre that by double that, the high jump and kicks were nowhere to be seen. :psyduck:
It's quite possible that this is due to my inexperience with the game. I have started to see some recurring rooms that always have a red soul, a +stat thing etc., but the ability soul stands are too rare for me to see a pattern in where they show up yet. In a few runs, I might be going "oh I should poke my head into one more room - ah! This is a candidate for having an ability...and there it is, cool". Not yet, though!

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
NAMCO TAPE GAME- TO KILL A DARK SOLE

in which we acquire outstanding gloves, go to Greenland, de-feet a boss, and meet an unknown rival

not particularly in that order

the book book perseveres and marches well

Episode Spoilers:

- Finally having a shield is nice. The Large Leather Shield isn't great, but it's serviceable.

- Fly From Death seems to give the effect of a Ring of Sacrifice and has infinite duration, although it gets lost on zone transition. We are not at risk of losing souls now, which makes this whole affair somewhat easier.

- The Lava Ring is our first key item in the game, although all it does is dramatically reduce the damage dealt by lava. That opens all parts of Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith, provided we ever find them. It also adds fire damage to any kicks or accidental mario stomps.

- Centipede Demon being completely stuck was a mercy, but I could have beat it even if it did move. Just would have taken waaaay longer because I'm sure I would've got hit by the jumping explosion attack in the low-health phase.

- Upgrade paths have entirely random damage stats so it also remains to be seen if any of them are remotely useful with all this titanite we have.

- Stat build-wise, I'm leaning into HP for now but we'll start building a lot of STR soon. A big part of paramdomizer runs is finding weapons with brokenly good movesets, and we can't see if a weapon has a good one unless we meet the STR requirements (DS1 has a unique wimpy swing animation if you don't). The stance by which we hold a weapon is not indicative of anything, our club holds like a polearm and our ghost scimitar holds normally when both should be on the shoulder.

in the next episode, things get explosive and we meet a recovering? addict who's not wearing pants.

-> Previous update is here <-

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 29, 2023

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
I did also record some of a Ocarina of Time randomizer on the side, my old classic go to. I used to do a lot of bingo races, but that was over two years ago and I'm surprised to see how much I both remember and forgot. There's a lot of uneventful backtracking with a completely randomized overworld (gotta love one-way pathways) so I'll have to edit it harder than the souls stuff when I do eventually get around to it.

It's an... interesting seed? It's not the best I've had, but there's some stuff going on with it.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
I gave FFMQ Rando a shot. I'm aware of the general vanilla game having played it a bunch in my youth. Not sure I'll be finishing the seed I rolled though. Turns out I could have picked better options! At first I got a bit held up when I got locked out of bombs early on and couldn't figure out where they were hiding. I grabbed a key items location doc from their discord and that really helped out. Aaron2U2 did an ffmqr run on retrothon recently and I checked that out as well. I really liked some of the flags he used. Mainly, reducing enemy density and progressive weapons. I'll give it another shot in the near future and see what I can manage with those enabled. As things stand in my current run I'm just way overpowered for everything I'm fighting and I'm bored with hitting turbo mode every two seconds to get through fights. Oh, I see there's presets now that I'm looking through the page again. I probably should have used one of those. Whoops.

I'm going to record week two of the dwr training tournament flagset here in the near future. Hopefully I start getting better at talking/playing at the same time. It sure is harder than it needs to be since I usually just rely on memory for a bunch of little stuff when I'm playing normally.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Odd Wilson posted:

NAMCO TAPE GAME- TO KILL A DARK SOLE

This is still really fun to watch, please keep it up!

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

PurpleXVI posted:

This is still really fun to watch, please keep it up!

You'll be happy to know I still have like 6 hours of recording to work with and no shortage of locations to check still. When you run these randomizers on the more unfair settings like I've done, they tend to be rather extensive affairs that ask you to check every item spot. The Lordvessel (or in our case, Gwynevere's Room) tends to be really hidden as it cracks the game wide open. I believe I've found all 4 golden doors, the question remains of what lies behind them.

A funny thing I forgot to mention in external commentary about the fog door randomizer is what we see in this last episode with quit-outs. Because of the way the doors are now all teleports, quitting out doesn't escape you from the boss room. This means that you get less opportunity to heal up and re-buff (if you even have charges left to do so) as you're just thrust right back into the fight. A fair price to pay for being able to cheat out of grapples or getting flung off ledges.

Still hoping for something like a Zweihander with Ricard's R2, but what we've got is working pretty alright.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Simply Simon posted:

It's quite possible that this is due to my inexperience with the game. I have started to see some recurring rooms that always have a red soul, a +stat thing etc., but the ability soul stands are too rare for me to see a pattern in where they show up yet. In a few runs, I might be going "oh I should poke my head into one more room - ah! This is a candidate for having an ability...and there it is, cool". Not yet, though!
Bit of a tip for your next run re: Valkyries (and, probable by extension, Erinys): They seem to be easier to hit with the overhead-swinging swords in my experience, and if the sword in question is big enough you can, if you time it well, subsequently back-dash to cancel the recovery and jump out of the way of their dive (yes, I'm assuming you'll have back-dash by the time you encounter Valkyries, it's a really easy soul to get). I will, however, add the disclaimer that this tip is given from the point of view of a guy who's packing a Final Sword (as in, that one screen-height armor boss you fought? I'm literally swinging its sword around); it's really easy to hit things when your basic attack covers like half the screen.

Also managed to get fairly specific numbers for Valkyrie's damage: My Final Sword currently does around 161 damage, Valkyrie does 240-something to the same targets (somewhat muddled by the fact that, being a vampire's castle, drat near everything is weak to Holy, though honestly it might be enough that you can just treat the "weakness" damage as the baseline). As a bonus, the Valkyrie attacks faster than the Final Sword (which... swings faster than you'd expect from a sword bigger than you are, but is still pretty slow).

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
DWR Training Tournament Week 2 Flags!
I still kinda sucked it up on exploration at the end, but there were no video hiccups the whole time. Improvement! In particular a fun quirk of the monster zones comes up at the very beginning and gives me a chance to talk about it so that's pretty neat and in the first 10 minutes. Here's what week 1 had for differences from the standard flagset:
And for week 2 we're making the map a little bit bigger by change the map size from "very small" to "small".
code:
Random Map Size: Small
Speed Hacks: Yes
Short Charlock: Yes
Don't Require Magic Keys: Yes
Leveling Speed: Very Fast
No Armor in Charlock: Yes
Easy Charlock: Yes
I go in to details about what that means in the beginning and even have a little diagram that I stole from the discord channel to help out . You can play the seed yourself RIGHT HERE. Otherwise enjoy the video.

This should finish uploaded here in just a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQGg4R1gaA

Missing the area where Rimuldar was located wasn't great to say the least. I came away from this one wondering if I would have been better off staying with the green dragons until lvl 16 and the guaranteed Repel spell to aid in my exploration or if the repeated trips to purchase fairy waters was good enough. Once again a deep grave was needed as chest 4 contained the armor, but I assure you more often than not it's just not necessary. It doesn't help that I keep finding the grave pretty early so I'm not always set up to deep dive right in that moment either. Swagmore finish would have been fun, but it wasn't in the cards. Not much else to say, but I'll entertain any replies with comments and questions.

In other DWR news the actual Training Tournament that's happening right now is just finishing off week 3. They're going to VODCast the top 4 results of the week with running commentary tonight at 6pm EST (EDT? I can never remember). Catch it at the DWR Twitch Channel. Afterwards the usual standard flagset casual race will get the same treatment except it'll be live. Lots of newer runners have been staying around for the casual standard as well so it's a great time to get answers to more questions and whatnot.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Huh, weird, I went to open up my Beyond Chaos run, and all the sprites and enemy names weren't randomized anymore. I'm guessing what happened is that back at the start I opened up the randomizer briefly to make sure I was giving correct information about my settings, and I had it start running but didn't let it finish. I hadn't exited out of the emulator since then until just now, so probably the ROM got all hosed up the next time I loaded it. Taking another full pass with the randomizer seems to have fixed it, so hopefully I haven't caused any permanent damage.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Despite having spotty power earlier this week thanks to windstorms, I found the time to get 3 more episodes edited for the namco tape game. In between me having multiple false alarms that I lost the voiceover recordings because I titled the files terribly given it was like 1 AM in the morning, of course.

In between all this, I came to the realization that our character may be some (cursed) form of a Red Jinjo.

This is a strange way to say I should have the next few videos up soon. I've still got that DW III rando sitting around plus some of an OoT one too, of course.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I just had a bad idea.

FFMQR 3-1, Non-Euclidian Geometry

In case some utter madman wants to play along, this is version 1.4.25 beta, seed BA7C1930. And the settings are... not nice, shall we say.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

CptWedgie posted:

I just had a bad idea.

In case some utter madman wants to play along, this is version 1.4.25 beta, seed BA7C1930. And the settings are... not nice, shall we say.

Oh boy, those settings. :munch:

The two times I ran with full map shuffle, I definitely had to take notes. Those seeds each took ~4hrs to finish. I decided to stop running full map shuffle after that.

Good luck!

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
he died to kill a dark soul, part 3

our unusual hero acquires a powerful weapon, falls through a chimney, and meets many strange people

if anything, our fashion souls is taking shape slowly but surely

next update, we get deep

Spoiler Explanations:

- big explosion is a Great Scythe with 1h Axe R1s and the R2s of the Painted Guardian Sword. This definitely leverages the range much better than the normal moveset, but as shown in the video it can be difficult to hit smaller enemies. Regardless, this weapon will be our mainstay for quite a few episodes. Even if it had a worse moveset, the 400 AR is more than enough to use it over everything else. The R2 both shreds enemies and our stamina bar.
- Finding Priscilla in a boss arena where her gimmick still works is a nice surprise. If you can manage to stagger her or hit her with anything that gives away her position for long enough (physical projectiles, mist spells) she'll become visible.
- We did not get everything out of the graveyard, I basically didn't get any further than the Turn White Kitty (barbed whip).
- Throwables seem to also have the eating animation. It's strange. The base angle is better, but we can't dead angle for longer or shorter throws.
- The Stone Sword would be nice if it's damage wasn't so bad. The range + poise damage could be pretty good. No idea what the R2 is though.

- The next episode is almost entirely Depths. It's a zone that doesn't have any particular gates and there's no multiplayer fog doors to worry about, so you pretty much clear the whole thing when you find it. It felt longer than it was, but rest assured, it's not particularly exciting. We'll never have to go there again though.

-> Previous update is here <-

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 5, 2023

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CptWedgie posted:

I just had a bad idea.

Wow, that's a mess. I can barely follow what's going on and I can't imagine it's much better playing it. Good luck.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

CptWedgie posted:

I just had a bad idea.

Gotta love map shuffling. :allears:

Map/door randomizers are my favorite form of randomizer. I just like slowly unraveling what spaghetti nonsense the world has become over time.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
FFMQR 3-2, Call the Cartographer

Had some good times, had some bad times, still utterly lost.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I may need to abort this latest seed; it's forcing me to go to Pazuzu's Tower and actually fight things that're spamming 1500-damage attacks with tier 1 weapons and no armor. Needless to say, I can't survive that kind of BS.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Okay, wasn't quite as bad as I thought; I just needed to do a lot of level grinding.

FFMQR 3-3, Pain Ensues

Well... at least the odds that the worst is over are pretty good?

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

Odd Wilson posted:

Gotta love map shuffling. :allears:

Map/door randomizers are my favorite form of randomizer. I just like slowly unraveling what spaghetti nonsense the world has become over time.
Instead of knocking out the next training tourney flagset I decided to do a stair shuffle flagset instead. Just for you! About this video: I started with previously mentioned Aaron2u2's advanced standard flagset because I used to play that a bunch and knew it was stair shuffled. I totally forgot about the treasure guards so that was a surprise when it came up. Random chest locations wasn't needed, but it pairs well with stair shuffle for really forcing the exploration and spelunking.

This started out with some promise but it did become a bit of a hot mess of silly mistakes near the end after most the cave diving was over. Feel free to stick with it if y'all want, but quitting once I find the bottom floor of charlock is understandable too. I'll edit in the rando link later when I'm back at my computer tonight.

REDACTED

I also decided that updating my layout to move them documents to the right was needed after I screwed up again (only slightly). So that problem is sorted out now. I'm gonna make the maps better next time too.

Edit: RANDO LINK!

Another edit: I put a much better stair shuffle video up a few posts down. Go watch that instead. It's a way better video.

Crumps Brother fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 7, 2023

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Odd Wilson posted:

Spoiler Explanations:

- Finding Priscilla in a boss arena where her gimmick still works is a nice surprise. If you can manage to stagger her or hit her with anything that gives away her position for long enough (physical projectiles, mist spells) she'll become visible.

I wonder if the logic limits her to those types of arenas or whether it's completely random.

Also speaking of randomness, I feel like some of these enemy models I've never seen before. Are they normal models that've been hosed up a bit in terms of geometry/skin or does the randomizer pull from a larger library than what's actually in the game?

And what killed you with that fire breath? I couldn't tell if it was the fish(?), the dog, the knight or the bone wheel.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

PurpleXVI posted:

I wonder if the logic limits her to those types of arenas or whether it's completely random.

Also speaking of randomness, I feel like some of these enemy models I've never seen before. Are they normal models that've been hosed up a bit in terms of geometry/skin or does the randomizer pull from a larger library than what's actually in the game?

And what killed you with that fire breath? I couldn't tell if it was the fish(?), the dog, the knight or the bone wheel.

I'm pretty sure she's available for most arenas just because of her size. There's a good many other bosses who just don't fit in a lot of rooms (Kalameet, Manus, Taurus, Iron Golem, Ceaseless, Gaping Dragon) while she fits in a lot more rooms. I think it just happened to be a happy coincidence but Nito's, Guardian Chimera, and Kalameet's are other ones with water now that I think about it. I don't actually know for sure, I don't see her often in my runs.

These are all normal enemies in the game, it just pulls a really wide assortment of nonsense. There's a lot of enemies you only see a few of showing up in droves. Annoying boulder guy with stake on the back I think only has 2 spawns in the entire game, both being in the section just before Oolacile Abyss. Those red dogs are exclusive to Blighttown, only showing up a few times in the upper section. I'd say there's about 6 total in the game, including the one inside the lift treadmill.

The little red dog is the one with the fire breath. The fish you're probably referring to is a Darkroot Frog, generally forgettable enemies only found beyond the killable trees outside Moonlight Butterfly's section. There's probably only 4 or 5 in the game, notable for dropping Green Blossoms. (Fire breath could also be from a Blighttown Crag Spider, although I don't remember dying to one.)

Enemy Rando loves Humanity Sprites (as we've seen), and (if you don't disable them) Izalith Maggots. Haven't seen a Vagrant yet (the enemy most people don't know is even real), which is surprising. My previous seed had an obsession with Large Sprites + Dark Sorcerers + Royal Wood Guardians + Clams. In a very linear layout. It was bad.

I still think it's rather funny we can see what having 1 Resistance actually does to a character. Everything just bleeds or poisons in 2 hits.

Crumps Brother posted:

Instead of knocking out the next training tourney flagset I decided to do a stair shuffle flagset instead. Just for you! About this video: I started with previously mentioned Aaron2u2's advanced standard flagset because I used to play that a bunch and knew it was stair shuffled. I totally forgot about the treasure guards so that was a surprise when it came up. Random chest locations wasn't needed, but it pairs well with stair shuffle for really forcing the exploration and spelunking.

This started out with some promise but it did become a bit of a hot mess of silly mistakes near the end after most the cave diving was over. Feel free to stick with it if y'all want, but quitting once I find the bottom floor of charlock is understandable too. I'll edit in the rando link later when I'm back at my computer tonight.

Ooh, I might wait and try playing the seed myself before watching the video to see how much our paths diverge. Could be a fun experiment!

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 7, 2023

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

Odd Wilson posted:

Ooh, I might wait and try playing the seed myself before watching the video to see how much our paths diverge. Could be a fun experiment!
By all means go crazy. I didn't do that great of a job on the map myself. I'm gonna do another one in the near future with a slightly tighter flagset to help focus on the "stair shuffle" aspect a bit more. I've also been tweaking the heck out of my OBS layout to help with my little hiccups and visualizations here and there. My next video should look and run way better.
https://dwrandomizer.com/beta/#flags=KVIAIVCEKACFAAAAIAAAAUIQ&seed=531655503
https://dwrandomizer.com/beta/#flags=KVIAIVCEKACFAAAAKAAABIAQ&seed=531687633

Crumps Brother fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 9, 2023

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

Odd Wilson posted:

DWR Stair Shuffle Showcase!
RANDO LINK!

I'm double posting, but I really didn't expect to get the time to do another run tonight. But hey, here we are. I changed the flagset a bit to focus more on the stair shuffle aspect itself. The map is very small to spend less time on the overworld. Diving through a big cave system takes decent resources so I made the leveling speed very fast to shorten any initial grinding that needs to happen. I also removed treasure guards because while they're fun they don't enhance the stair shuffle at all. This seed ended up being lots of fun to play. And since I really started sorting out my OBS stuff like I mentioned previously it should be a great watch as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2dRQavX1Gw

I definitely got a little silly there at the end with the key incident. Otherwise the rest of it was more just me at the mercy of the vicious red dragons and rough luck. I'm glad the charlock walk was as short as it was because any extra floors and that would have hurt even more.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

FF6 Beyond Chaos: Part 3: Hideki's Hidekcellent Adventure

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 29, 2023

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

Oh, and he has innate reraise, so you need to kill him twice.

Ooof, that bullshit starts already? I was annoyed at it showing up with most endgame bosses, having it show up now and almost certainly often will be bullshit.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

It wasn't a full heal TBF, I think it only took me one or two more attacks to finish him off the second time.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

It wasn't a full heal TBF, I think it only took me one or two more attacks to finish him off the second time.

Oh I know its just like 1/8 or 1/16HP, but its still a pile of crap that Kefka with 255 speed can just gently caress off I dispelled his rear end the second he showed up because I knew that crap was coming revive for one or two more sucker punches before dying for good.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
FFMQR 3-4, GPS Wanted

Been meaning to post this for a day or so, but I didn't feel up to posting the screenshots. Oddly, getting those screenshots wasn't a problem at all. Personally, I blame a combination of insomnia and reclusiveness.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
And since I'm uploading screenshots anyway...

FFMQR 3-5, Spinning Compass

...might as well add the update I just finished making, too. (I swear I'll get around to catching up on the other rando posts soon!)

edit: Okay, caught up now. Might as well edit in a bit of a comment on one of them...

Cattail Prophet posted:

I'm not sure if it's just the SNES translation for banish or some obscure enemy only facsimile, but either way this is bad news.
It... might be the SNES translation? In vanilla it's one of Terra's Magitek commands.

CptWedgie fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CptWedgie posted:

FFMQR 3-4, GPS Wanted

Been meaning to post this for a day or so, but I didn't feel up to posting the screenshots. Oddly, getting those screenshots wasn't a problem at all. Personally, I blame a combination of insomnia and reclusiveness.

You got a lot of stuff together, that's at least good. I imagine the sudden deaths at all corners aren't too fun though.

The sudden deaths comment also applies here.