Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

In the original your red souls scaled with STR, and blues scaled with int.
So Int was not entirely useless but Strength increases both red soul attack and weapons damage so why go for int.

Nice bit of luck on the death's robe and valmanway. Death's robe is the best armor in the game, hard mode exclusive, and valmanway is a boss rush reward.
Also the man eater is a boss rush stage.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

DoubleNegative posted:

Death's Robe is a pretty good mid-late game armor, but definitely not best in slot. In the vanilla game, as long as you have the bat soul, you can pretty easily find it in a little nook just outside of Death's boss room.

Edged out only by a rare drop in the final area and is a sidegrade to draculas tunic, the +13 int is a pretty sizable boost to blue souls tho.
It is very splitting hairs since the game is almost over anyways, the chaotic realm is a formality at best, but you get death's robe before Top Floor so that cements it as best to me.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Now we know that the side the Balder side sword refers to is the right one

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CptWedgie posted:

PoR happens to be the DSVania I'm playing, actually (it's probably my favorite DSVania). Not saying you can't do it if you want, but... overlap. Probably less overlap, since you actually have the ability to do videos instead of being stuck with screenshots, but some.

Anyway, just so I don't start procrastinating again, have another update.

Mario RPG Rando 3, Revenge On Sweets

oof the PoR Randomizer can be rough If you get a seed with nested paintings.
Still a lot of fun though.