Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Note to self: Never play "Moon Crash is Time Reset". It's not worth it.
Also continue to start with Soaring because god navigating MM is horrible without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Combo is extremely customizable. Keeping moon crash off means MM is considered completely out of logic until you have Ocarina and Song of Time, and you can set it so that similar items are shared. You found a bow? That works for both games. Hookshot? Ditto. Ocarina? Yep.

Honestly if anyone was interested in trying combo I'd say use one of the Blitz presets as a base. They make it so you only have to clear no more than 6 dungeons for go mode, most items are shared, and you start with Soaring and access to both MM and Adult. It's pretty open and comfy.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

Don't know if I'll lose my Dust on moonfall
If you do that's a pretty major bug. Normally it persists on reset in combo just like the trade items, since if it was in OoT there'd be no way to get another one. I'd be surprised if the devs overlooked that with Moon Crash as time reset.

quote:

Can't full-clear this without Deku Scrubs (and probably can't do it without Skulltulas either)
I'm like, 85% sure Skulltula soul doesn't block poo poo, and 100% sure it doesn't do anything in Deku Tree.

quote:

Time to turn child to raid the Chest Game!
I didn't even know this was a setting.

quote:

Don't have Zelda or Impa, so off to pay Dampe to rob graves for me! Turns out he hates the Sun's Song though, so I pass the time by doing the last bug check too.
He's only there until like, 10pm or something. It's the one time sensitive thing in OoT that isn't just "Is it Daytime Y/N". Sun's Song in a place that doesn't have time pass sets the time to noon or midnight, while in a place where time does pass it goes to 6AM/PM. So if you're looking to use Sun's to set up Dampe digging, just do it from Hyrule Field or Death Mountain Trail.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

I mean that's what having the castle locked behind exactly and only Greg will do I guess.

But that's why I love how customizable the N64 Zelda randos are. If you don't like a feature you don't really have to play with it.