Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh boy, a randomizer megathread. This can only be fun, I'm looking forward to seeing what games become incomprehensible to those who know them.

Rosalie_A posted:

I can probably guess the answer to this, but would anyone want me to write up some stuff about my adventures developing my own randomizers?

Of course, it's always great to see what logic goes behind these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That was a fast run. You didn't even need all of those health tanks you got.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Unexpectedly early high-power seeds are very fun, hopefully it won't punish you for it later.

Or maybe it will, that'd be funny too. For us, the readers, specifically.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You somehow found a really good seed it seems, nothing has gone wrong so far.

So far.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Simply Simon posted:

Aria of Sorrow Reprise Roguelike Randomizer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyHc15eYboo

This is an interesting randomizer, and it's always fun to watch your LPs, so please continue! I hope you get some more soul luck though.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Let's (Re)play An FF6 Beyond Chaos Seed!

Part 1: My Special Power Is Exploding

That's a lot of exploding. I hope every character gets Explode, that'd be very funny. That way you can also finish the game by exploding, the only true answer to evil godly clowns.

CptWedgie posted:

FFMQR, Cleanup

Turns out what I thought was a bug was more along the lines of active malice on the part of the randomizer devs: The Mask disappeared too; I checked as soon as I picked it up. Where did they get the absurd idea that people like stumbling around blind?! (/complaint)

Anyway, at least I should finish pretty soon. Word of advice for anyone interested in FFMQR: Don't play using SGL2022 settings if you want to see where you're going.

Weird choice there, I can't imagine why they'd want to make the game more annoying to play. Maybe they needed to repurpouse whatever flags those items used and that's why they just disappear now? It's the only explanation I can think of beyond fake difficulty.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Punching Death to...well, death, is such a badass way to do it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CptWedgie posted:

FFMQR 2-1, Brace For Impact

Let the train wreck commence. (Also, I went back and numbered the links to my previous run, for convenience.)

Cloyster could indeed learn Self-Destruct and Explosion in some gens, though it can't right now.

Also that's a lot of explosions. You may as well have called your character Michael Bay.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CptWedgie posted:

FFMQR 2-2, Bombardment

In which I learn many spells.

What a magical update.

What's the use for all those fragments? This seed sure has a lot of them.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CptWedgie posted:

FFMQR 2-4, Aftermath

Don't you hate it when you completely forget an entire dungeon? :cripes:

I wish every final boss was as kind as this one, he just killed himself and healed you while he was at it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That's a sad finale but that's just how things go sometimes I guess. You beat Death but you still died.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CptWedgie posted:

I just had a bad idea.

FFMQR 3-1, Non-Euclidian Geometry

In case some utter madman wants to play along, this is version 1.4.25 beta, seed BA7C1930. And the settings are... not nice, shall we say.

Wow, that's a mess. I can barely follow what's going on and I can't imagine it's much better playing it. Good luck.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CptWedgie posted:

FFMQR 3-4, GPS Wanted

Been meaning to post this for a day or so, but I didn't feel up to posting the screenshots. Oddly, getting those screenshots wasn't a problem at all. Personally, I blame a combination of insomnia and reclusiveness.

You got a lot of stuff together, that's at least good. I imagine the sudden deaths at all corners aren't too fun though.

The sudden deaths comment also applies here.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Let's hope it's only early-game hell and not a mid-game heaven before more suffering then.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That was a long list of disappointments but at least you got through it all.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You did a lot of MQR seeds, I can't blame you for wanting a break.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

At least you won't be lacking in shurikens...for whatever use they may have.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, that escalated quickly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What's up with "Korush"? Are the names also randomized, or am I forgetting something from SMRPG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CptWedgie posted:

Mario RPG Rando 12, At Last!

Feeling better about gaming after sleeping on it, so I guess it was my insomnia issues holding me back again.

Your characters mutating into each other is always so trippy, you somehow finish fights with two Luigi of which one has always been green Mario and the other recently was a weirdly coloured Bowser.