Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Simply Simon posted:

For LttP, I watched a few runs on GDQ first (which were what got me to try it), and noticed patterns in what they checked early, as well as remembering some stuff they said like "oh x is out of the way but it's technically in logic".

When I tried it myself, I did the same checks (lots of chests at once) first and got a lot of good items from them, that's just how it works; I did get stumped regardless, and just asked in their Discord about it. Turns out that going through a dark room early without a lantern IS in logic "because everybody can do it blind, or with a map" and yeah the item was there. Just unlucky because I thought "surely this means Lantern is in logic beforehand".

So observe, try, ask imo

Dark rooms being in logic depends on your settings - there are settings where the lantern would indeed have been available some time before needing to go into one, and others where it might not and the logic expects you to do them blind. Or at least, unless they changed what settings are available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

If you mentioned needing Song of Time to switch to adult for OoT before it happened, my eyes just kind of slid right past it. “What if this is an Open Door of Time seed?” I kept asking myself.