Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I love that it broke the whole "interesting character design lives" rule with the woman that kissed her guard. I thought, "Oh, she's pretty colorful and has a detailed outfit, she's sure to stay alive!" Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I like the way they go about setting up fights; with this giant, you had the trouble of not using projectiles, his attacks being too strong and fast to block or counter, and when countered successfully, his motions still caused his joints to connect, making cutting through difficult. There was no leveling up or god-tier powers, just logic applied.

Also, just a theory, but didn't Kaguya eat a peach of immortality in Naruto? Didn't those two women at the end eat a peach?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Just caught up and gently caress you show, gently caress you. Makin' me care about someone, then making him fight an unbeatable, unstoppable foe so when he dies, I feel terrible. Not to mention, twist the knife even FURTHER by shows scenes of a potential where he's a sensei and he marries the wild girl. THEN, to top it off, show his corpse and a cherry blossom on it with a scene where he finally lands a blow and accepts more training.

Man. FUUUUUUCK. :asoiaf:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Man, the fight scenes are INTENSE. I haven't felt this huge of a power dynamic in a battle since I fought Ultimecia and never learned how to junction in FF8. You're a mortal going up against divinity that, even when you disable, turns into a goddamn screaming flower that shoots lightning. I'd be discouraged they'd ever make it, but you goons are right in assuming his hit to the stomach means something, a weakness at least.

What do y'all think the little girl is? Why is she mute? And why does Groot give a poo poo about her? My guess? She's a new one of the 7, an 8th. Considering she does that golden barrier and the little energy fist, she's got to be something divine.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I'm wondering when the bandit and his brother are going to meet up with the rest of the crew. Nothing good will come of it, considering he's slowly turning into a monster himself from consuming the flesh of the creatures. Also, his goal is contrary to what everyone else wants. Who knows what the kunoichi desires, beyond survival, the swordsman wants to be immortal in acts (totally gonna die), and Gabimaru just wants to elixir to give to the ruler to gain a pardon/save his wife. I doubt there's a fountain of this stuff to give everyone what they want and even if there was, the emperor is only giving the pardon to one of them.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Ok, for this episode. If there was an immortal being capable of being regenerated from being chopped into pieces, I'd make sure the corpse is completely obliterated before even thinking to relax. I knew Senta's death flag was triggered as soon as he gave his backstory.

I kinda figured it would happen because everything was TOO happy. This anime never lets up on the hosed up, weird poo poo.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Holy shiiiiiiiiit. That reveal! That Gabimaru's wife is probably made-up due to a genjustu. :asoiaf: My mind is blown, but it's so simple, I have no idea why I never thought of it as possible. And this is now compounded by the fact that Gabimaru's usage of Tao made it so he forgot... everything, including his "wife." Explosive ending. Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

habituallyred posted:

It has a great lead in in the manga: They only show the same picture every time she shows up in the cast page/post intro arc flashbacks Did they try and include that angle?

I guess I win the bet with myself that this would be the stopping point.

That's the thing! They keep using the same flashback scenes from the beginning, which show angles to her face and when he just haphazardly is thinking about her in the moment, it's the same still shot, I think. So ingenious.

And I know this isn't a manga thread and totally not affiliated, but rightstufanime is selling the manga of this series, from 1-13, both individually and as bundles for really cheap this week because of their birthday sale. You can bet I snatched them up REAL quick. And I've ordered from them before and gotten all my stuff, it's legit.