Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Kwyndig posted:

That's what I thought too, but thinking about it she's probably out of it, her design is too plain.

Unlike everybody else that looked dead, she is in the OP. I think she is safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

habituallyred posted:

Unironically a fan of the flashback zone fleshing out dead characters.

As long as it doesn't get so deep in flashback levels like that anime with the paladins stuck in the Mayan temple whose name escapes me at the moment.

Edit: Rokka no Yuusha, that's the name.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 25, 2023

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Today's episode sure has a lot of Asaemon deaths.

I do hope that now that all backstories are sorted we get some story progression, i'm getting a bit bored by the coprotagonist lamentations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
First character from the promo art to kick the bucket.

It seems that every time an asaemon is not a revolting rear end in a top hat they get fridged.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

kneelbeforezog posted:

I don't understand the main characters internal motivations. From wanting to die, to wanting to live because his wife is still alive? Or how he was set up to begin with? And does his sensei, the evil man, also have the elixir of life? thats how he survived being stabbed in the head? And if hes so anti death, why not go the kenshin/trigun route? It just seems like the main character is too inconsistent from one episode to the next.

Gabimaru wanted to die until he got a chance getting his wife back. His subconscious attempts to survive are explained in this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Overlord K posted:

There's just always something fun about the contrast of the guy who reaches a new power height through sheer unga bunga battle instinct versus unlocking it via coming to term with emotions.

Also the unified front against sexual abuse from both of the "criminals" got me a chuckle.