Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This show totally captures the toxicity of anger. As someone who used to have an anger problem
and is now with someone who has it, gently caress man this was too real. When he reminded her to “say nice things” it broke me a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don’t think many Asian-Americans today really look at Japanese people that way anymore. To me it was more of a general swipe: you married this person from outside your culture? The spouse might as well have been hispanic or white or Cambodian or whatever.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think the creator said he envisioned this as a three season thing, though it’s not clear if he meant this as one long story. An anthology makes a ton more sense to me.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He’s a confessed rapist who is using copyright law to take down tweets that draw attention to his confession. There are plenty of reasons why a masseur doesn’t come out to MeToo this fucker. The existence of his other misdeeds makes his confession more, not less, believable.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Fozzy The Bear posted:

A comedian makes a very bad joke 10 years ago. Therefore I am never watching anything associated with him ever again.
Either he made a very bad joke or he literally confessed to sexual assault. People are understandably cautious. You don’t have to be a jackass about it.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He did also do the art for the show’s intro which I thought lent a cool faux-fine-art energy to the show. But yeah I personally thought he was the weakest member of the cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Charles Melton was great in May December but I can’t stomach the rest of the cast turning pasty white. It was nice to have a limited series with an Asian cast.