Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Team Getting Victor
This poll is closed.
Pistons 7 17.07%
Spurs 14 34.15%
Rockets 2 4.88%
Blazers 4 9.76%
UCONN 6 14.63%
Other 8 19.51%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
San Antonio Spurs forward Keldon Johnson finds peace off-court with hunting, fishing

This is the thread for fans of teams eliminated from the playoffs. Where we try to find peace as our teams are off the court. It's a good place for news that no one will see in the burning fields of hot takes and roving bands of marauding playoff posters in the main NBA NV thread.

Try not to be too mean. Because all but two teams end up here eventually. You can post about fish or fishing if you want too, that is cool too.

FAQ: "Can I post here when my heavy favorite dominant team is down by 4 points at the end of the first quarter of the playoff series or some other unreasonable time?" No! Eliminated teams only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Well I think tonight was the final verdict on this edition of the Raptors. I'm curious what they do to shake things up. The moves there on the surface are letting VanVleet go in free agency and I guess also letting Nurse go find himself on a walkabout. But beyond that? Maybe they go all the way and trade Siakam but that feels like a bit too much. Maybe it's not.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
oh well, disappointing end to a season that started off as the best one in franchise history

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The Rockets got off to the right start by dumping Silas right after the final whistle of game 82. Seems like a great guy, but he definitely wasn't the right guy for the job. The names they're interested in are Udoka, Atkinson, Nurse, and Vogel. I think you can discard Atkinson because "highly touted assistant looking for first HC gig" is how they ended up with Silas, plus he turned down the Lakers last year if memory serves. Can't imagine passing on a LeBron/AD core even with as many as other problems that team had last year to head up step two of "a process." Udoka would be bad for character reasons, but I can see Tillman bonding with him about cancel culture. Vogel and Nurse are the kind of guys the Rockets should be looking at. Experienced guys, won't be a distraction, and can credibly talk about winning.

Next step is get a top 2 pick and evaluate the roster after.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Blind Pineapple posted:

The Rockets got off to the right start by dumping Silas right after the final whistle of game 82. Seems like a great guy, but he definitely wasn't the right guy for the job. The names they're interested in are Udoka, Atkinson, Nurse, and Vogel. I think you can discard Atkinson because "highly touted assistant looking for first HC gig" is how they ended up with Silas, plus he turned down the Lakers last year if memory serves. Can't imagine passing on a LeBron/AD core even with as many as other problems that team had last year to head up step two of "a process." Udoka would be bad for character reasons, but I can see Tillman bonding with him about cancel culture. Vogel and Nurse are the kind of guys the Rockets should be looking at. Experienced guys, won't be a distraction, and can credibly talk about winning.

Atkinsons left the hornets at the altar. I think he's not leaving GSW

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

oh well, disappointing end to a season that started off as the best one in franchise history

Do you think it’s time to be radical and make zion lose 40 lbs. not calling him fat here, i mean muscle too

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

should've started this thread after the All-Star Break the way the Blazers ended up this year :v:

I just want Dame to be happy and healthy, and for us to be frisky again. another WCF run while Dame is still on the team is all I really can hope for. Let's just hope the front office shits or gets off the pot soon enough.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Blind Pineapple posted:

Atkinson was HC of the Nets for like 4 seasons

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

Hand Knit posted:

Well I think tonight was the final verdict on this edition of the Raptors. I'm curious what they do to shake things up. The moves there on the surface are letting VanVleet go in free agency and I guess also letting Nurse go find himself on a walkabout. But beyond that? Maybe they go all the way and trade Siakam but that feels like a bit too much. Maybe it's not.

I think Fred's gone but that's mostly a salary/timeline thing.

It's probably time to move OG or Pascal. I just don't think playing Scottie/Pascal/OG together is ever going to quite work, especially if you want to play a real center.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Eratik posted:

It's probably time to move OG or Pascal. I just don't think playing Scottie/Pascal/OG together is ever going to quite work, especially if you want to play a real center.

Playing Barnes and Siakam together is hard because it puts huge pressure on the rest of the lineup to have three point shooting. And if you want to run a real centre with them, at least in the regular season, then that's even tougher on the guards. This makes me think that Trent turning in a dud year was a big a factor as anything in the team regressing.

I feel like Anunoby is good enough as a catch and shoot three guy that you can keep him in this context, but it does mean you need pretty good shooting from your point guard. Raptors didn't really have that from Vanvleet this season.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

harperdc posted:

should've started this thread after the All-Star Break the way the Blazers ended up this year :v:

I just want Dame to be happy and healthy, and for us to be frisky again. another WCF run while Dame is still on the team is all I really can hope for. Let's just hope the front office shits or gets off the pot soon enough.

Shaedon is a future all nba at least

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Hand Knit posted:

What do Toronto fans think of trading for Simons and assets? He's struggled next to Dame, but if he's given the keys I feel like he could still develop into a really good first option.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

Hand Knit posted:

Playing Barnes and Siakam together is hard because it puts huge pressure on the rest of the lineup to have three point shooting. And if you want to run a real centre with them, at least in the regular season, then that's even tougher on the guards. This makes me think that Trent turning in a dud year was a big a factor as anything in the team regressing.

I feel like Anunoby is good enough as a catch and shoot three guy that you can keep him in this context, but it does mean you need pretty good shooting from your point guard. Raptors didn't really have that from Vanvleet this season.

Trent got kindof screwed by the Poeltl trade. I think he's at his best as a catch-and-shoot guy working off the ball with starters, but you can't put him out there unless it's in place of Fred. That lineup was fine at points, but its just super weird because nobody can dribble. He got cast as a bench gunner and he can do that a bit, but he doesnt pass and he only dribbles to the free throw line for pull-ups.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

What do Toronto fans think of trading for Simons and assets? He's struggled next to Dame, but if he's given the keys I feel like he could still develop into a really good first option.

I wouldn't be mad at that.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the spurs fuckin suck

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
This whole Weaver rebuild is coming down to the lottery. 1. Everything is justified, championship upside, weaver fired if he keeps loving up fringe moves
2. Scoot helps the pistons become a steady playoff team, Cade's vegan diet makes or breaks it regarding health and bone strength
3. Gamble
4. Mega gamble that either works out massively as Amen thompson becomes a sort of peak Jimmy Butler Josh Giddey hybrid type after about 5 years or is like Gerald Wallace
5. cyanide pills passed around as Ausar Thompson is chosen

There's not really a point to tank next year as it's a 2008 style megadown class. Grab your backup pg or a utility wing. Maybe an efficient but not impressive big who can pass

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 13, 2023

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Hand Knit posted:

This makes me think that Trent turning in a dud year was a big a factor as anything in the team regressing.

I don't know where you're getting this from. Gary was one of the most consistent scorers, and despite playing 4 fewer games and getting benched 30 more games this season, (or playing 300 minutes less if you prefer) basically all of his stats were proportional to his reduced play-time or better. I would say Gary was quite good this season, and the line up of Gary + Bench (malachi/precious/boucher/??) was one of our most successful. You know, in one of the four games this year where more than 7 players were allowed to play in one game.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Boredumb posted:

Atkinson was HC of the Nets for like 4 seasons

Wow, I completely missed that. I still wouldn't be excited for him since his career there was 20, 28, 42, and 28 (mid season resignation) win seasons before going back to being an assistant. At least go after the guys with a ring.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Giggs posted:

I don't know where you're getting this from. Gary was one of the most consistent scorers, and despite playing 4 fewer games and getting benched 30 more games this season, (or playing 300 minutes less if you prefer) basically all of his stats were proportional to his reduced play-time or better. I would say Gary was quite good this season, and the line up of Gary + Bench (malachi/precious/boucher/??) was one of our most successful. You know, in one of the four games this year where more than 7 players were allowed to play in one game.

Was he really? It certainly didn't feel that way. And that's on both sides of the ball, he just seemed to be behind where he was last year.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1646538781384749058?t=oWdF0iy6DvECa6qQ8gun5Q&s=19

Here we go again...

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I get him to somewhere with a pick surplus or desperate enough to give up a top 3 pick this year and don't look back. "Have fun in Houston Dame," is what I would be saying if I was a Blazer fan.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Trading Shaedon to attempt to reach the second round of the playoffs would be a disaster. I mean it would be one thing if the blazers were the kings, but they've been there. They've almost gotten somewhere. There's no point doing a worse version of that.

Shaedon could be what was once called a superstar before adjective inflation made that word mean "15+ point scorer"

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Eratik posted:

Letting Fred walk makes the Raptors worse for a while. It doesn't open up any money they just get worse.

Edit: I think the trade deadline made it pretty clear they're going to try and stick with this group for a while (which I don't get they have no shooters so can't space and no depth). But they have no incentive to be bad the next couple years with the picks ties up in the Poetl deal.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 14, 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Rick posted:

I get him to somewhere with a pick surplus or desperate enough to give up a top 3 pick this year and don't look back. "Have fun in Houston Dame," is what I would be saying if I was a Blazer fan.

I’m not really sure if that Stephen A quote is worse than what he said on the record to the Blazers’ beat writer at the Athletic? Which was effectively “we need to sign veterans,” but also that the brain trust (Dame, Billups, GM Cronin) are apparently aligned on what they want to do. Pulling it off is another matter.

I think their pick gets traded unless it’s Wembayama, Grant re-signs, and Simons might have to be the piece that gets flipped. I keep Shaedon in bubble wrap the entire offseason.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Shaedon is a future all nba at least

Fuckin’ A right he is, holy poo poo. And he has so much more to improve as well.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Dejan Bimble posted:

Trading Shaedon to attempt to reach the second round of the playoffs would be a disaster. I mean it would be one thing if the blazers were the kings, but they've been there. They've almost gotten somewhere. There's no point doing a worse version of that.

Shaedon could be what was once called a superstar before adjective inflation made that word mean "15+ point scorer"

Shaedon looks really good, but there's a reasonable chance he "only" ends up a Brandon Ingram or Zach Levine level player.

If a superstar wing or big is made available then Sharpe should be on the table. I don't expect those players to be made available, so it's most likely a moot point.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1646874974970433537?s=20

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Hell yeah.

I mean, I have no idea how good or bad this could be for the team's winning but trades are always fun.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The Raptors are in that purgatory where they have decent collection of pieces but no superstar to hold it all together. Scottie Barnes getting less efficient in his second year hurts and is probably a signal that a rebuild is in order. They should be able to get plenty of assets since everyone decent on the team is on a very tradeable contract. Put up the big flashing sale signs and see what offers come in.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
That's where they're going to be until they draft and develop one and brainwash them to Raptors Culture (or whatever you want to call it) since it's been demonstrated that winning a championship isn't enough to keep one :shrug:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

harperdc posted:

I’m not really sure if that Stephen A quote is worse than what he said on the record to the Blazers’ beat writer at the Athletic? Which was effectively “we need to sign veterans,” but also that the brain trust (Dame, Billups, GM Cronin) are apparently aligned on what they want to do. Pulling it off is another matter.

I think their pick gets traded unless it’s Wembayama, Grant re-signs, and Simons might have to be the piece that gets flipped. I keep Shaedon in bubble wrap the entire offseason.

Fuckin’ A right he is, holy poo poo. And he has so much more to improve as well.

I don’t think the quote is why it is time to move on. I think Lillard could get them a lot of assets and they could be in a better spot in 3 years trading him now than trying to win with him.

I dunno though the cap will go up so who knows what will happen.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lillard for Siakam and stuff let's go

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Jalen Green with the catch. I approve.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bulls need to Trade Zach this offseason and jump start a semi-rebuild.

And I say this knowing that Zach will go to some other team and be great because he has a better setup around him to cover for his massive flaws as a player.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rest in piss to the most disgusting, infuriating bulls team in a decade. they literally can't do anything so looking forward to them running back this same poo poo next year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

should've benched vooch in the end of the 4th, at least drummond was doing something.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

rest in piss to the most disgusting, infuriating bulls team in a decade. they literally can't do anything so looking forward to them running back this same poo poo next year.

What's the path to internal improvement? Like, Patrick Williams becomes a star, Coby White becomes starting pg? Dalen Terry something something?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

What's the path to internal improvement? Like, Patrick Williams becomes a star, Coby White becomes starting pg? Dalen Terry something something?

there is none. they have no draft pick until like 2026 so they can't even tank. they can't even let vooch walk because they're over the cap so they can't replace him and ball will probably never play basketball again. enjoyed the one year i thought the bulls were competently run before realizing they hired Jonas Paxojunas. dont worry i'll keep drinking this garbage.

the one year in like the rest of the decade they have a draft pick, they drafted terry and treated him like a second round two-way guy! it's infuriating!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Frustrating loss couldn't make anything and we let it effect our defense