Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Team Getting Victor
This poll is closed.
Pistons 7 17.07%
Spurs 14 34.15%
Rockets 2 4.88%
Blazers 4 9.76%
UCONN 6 14.63%
Other 8 19.51%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

expansion would kinda suck and dilute the product then you wuold end up with weird players winning a title who dont deserve it like joel embiid or michael jordan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Ghost Dog posted:

expansion would kinda suck and dilute the product then you wuold end up with weird players winning a title who dont deserve it like joel embiid or michael jordan

hosed up but fair.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Ghost Dog posted:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Ghost Dog posted:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
🧢

https://twitter.com/KellanOlson/status/1666162276112662528

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
vogels ability to asuage the egos of malcontent stars is kinda questionable tho

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/JomiAdeniran/status/1666479194270990336?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/BullNationCHI/status/1666467746123595777?s=20

...ok

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

#RUNITBACK

The Bulls were only an entirely different set of circumstances away from being a mid-tier basketball team. Can't throw that away :smuggo:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/moriahmillsss/status/1666978005594390530?s=20

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1666839695643344897?s=20

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

lol soda cans in the bathroom is like a 400lb man move. Respect.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Chris Paul only moves them below the second apron, they're still limited to the TPMLE. This is a huge paycut. But hey it would be a big help to Phoenix.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Gravy Boat 2k

the nba is the best

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Harlock posted:

A third New York team
I look forward to the Staten Island Wu-Tangs, mascot is Luke Cage

Carlosologist posted:

As it stands right now it doesn’t seem likely that Vegas will get MLB. Seattle is definitely going to get the first team, the second one should go somewhere zany like Buffalo or Cincinnati
Rochester Royals are BACK

I don't know how many of you listen to The Midnight Boys podcast but all I can hear is Jomi's epic laugh echoing through the entire internet as he retweets this.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/DuaneRankin/status/1666901473261912066?s=20

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
welcome heat fans

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Illegal!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

The Chris Paul only moves them below the second apron, they're still limited to the TPMLE. This is a huge paycut. But hey it would be a big help to Phoenix.

Didn't Jim Harden already leave a. KD team in midseason after losing interest? What is the deal with them. Are they on again off again like a classic 90s sitcom couple?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Didn't Jim Harden already leave a. KD team in midseason after losing interest? What is the deal with them. Are they on again off again like a classic 90s sitcom couple?

The relationship between OKC’s old big three is like one of those 700 page Works of Literary Fiction that tracks a relationship of a small group of people over 20 years

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
The Raptors have hired a Darko to coach their team.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

The relationship between OKC’s old big three is like one of those 700 page Works of Literary Fiction that tracks a relationship of a small group of people over 20 years

Kevin durant is a lot like james joyce in one very specific way

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Algund Eenboom posted:

lmao

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Algund Eenboom posted:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
My favorite baller:

https://twitter.com/LaRocca504/status/1667712287573176320?t=uDWp9HZVHaE9FmWnzAhtAQ&s=19

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Algund Eenboom posted:

jesus christ

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Apparently since that post I've learned (or remembered since I guess I talked about it and maybe even posted about it after the Suns were eliminated but then forgot) if they stretch Chris Paul they can get the full MLE so it could only be a 20 million paycut instead of a 27 million paycut.

But yeah it's the weirdest. Apparently they're still friends allegedly Durant didn't want Harden to go.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Yeah, I thought the beef was always because Harden perceived Kyrie as willing to be a part-time player.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

Apparently since that post I've learned (or remembered since I guess I talked about it and maybe even posted about it after the Suns were eliminated but then forgot) if they stretch Chris Paul they can get the full MLE so it could only be a 20 million paycut instead of a 27 million paycut.

But yeah it's the weirdest. Apparently they're still friends allegedly Durant didn't want Harden to go.

Maybe there's a secret nba rule about guys needing to stop by in philadelphia and leave after the secret backdoor payments no longer entice them

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

So with the Raptors hiring this Grizzlies assistant, are there any head coach openings left?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
lol no one wants Doc

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Red Rox posted:

lol no one wants Doc

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1667920404801880066

Plus Sam Cassell. Its Jo(e Mazzulla)over

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Red Rox posted:

lol no one wants Doc

It owns imo

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Red Rox posted:

lol no one wants Doc
No one hired Bud either despite the fact that two of Milwaukee’s losses Giannis was hurt, and the other two were basically one possession games where Jimmy went insane and scored like 45 points all in the 4th quarter. Not. His. Fault

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

No one hired Bud either despite the fact that two of Milwaukee’s losses Giannis was hurt, and the other two were basically one possession games where Jimmy went insane and scored like 45 points all in the 4th quarter. Not. His. Fault

What did Bud do to get them there? It's also not his benefit.

Doc and Bud both are regular season coaches in an era that cares even less about the regular season

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Bud's name wasn't even out there for anything, wouldn't be surprised if he was taking time away after his brother's death

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think Bud (and to a lesser extent Doc, but he's in that same category) are going to be best served by joining up with the right team and not rush signing on whichever team is kinda reeling right now. I think if that takes a full year that's fine. Bud has a great track record but I think he's going to want the right fit just like a team won't want to hire him just to make sure they get the chair filled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Aye Doc posted:

Bud's name wasn't even out there for anything, wouldn't be surprised if he was taking time away after his brother's death

Yeah i think Bud was looking for a year off.