Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Team Getting Victor
This poll is closed.
Pistons 7 17.07%
Spurs 14 34.15%
Rockets 2 4.88%
Blazers 4 9.76%
UCONN 6 14.63%
Other 8 19.51%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

What's the use case for hiring Bud? He's always viewed as a bit of a liability because of his playoff rotations. He's good at turning a regular season team around, but is he getting credit for player development in the ATL stint/the MIL stint?

Doc I don't see the reason to hire unless your 6'8" forward needs to up his scoring output

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Forrest on Fire posted:

What's the use case for hiring Bud? He's always viewed as a bit of a liability because of his playoff rotations. He's good at turning a regular season team around, but is he getting credit for player development in the ATL stint/the MIL stint?

Doc I don't see the reason to hire unless your 6'8" forward needs to up his scoring output

I think Bud's playoff issues are overblown, 15 coaches lose in the playoffs every year, its ok. But that said, a lot of teams would love a guy who could take their team to a high/mid seed and wring out the most you can from the talent. Ignoring current coaches, I think most of the non playoff teams would like to see that happen,

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Bud got 60 wins with a starting 5 of Al Horford, Paul Millsap, Demarre Carroll, Kyle Korver, and Jeff Teague. Worst case, he's in the same tier as guys like Vogel and Lue who you can count on to lead a team to a positive regular season, and are capable of winning a championship with a championship level roster. He's not Spoelstra level where he's consistently elevating a team beyond expectations, but he might be in the Carlisle/D'Antoni level where he has demonstrated the ability to do it before.

I'm a little surprised Doc didn't get a job because he seems firmly entrenched in the good old boy network, but on the other hand, the media was already pushing his "choker" reputation pretty hard going into the playoffs and then he went out blowing a 3-2 lead, so maybe front offices are influenced by such things.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
He’s George Karl but for defense instead of offense

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is the franchise mode in 2k23 any good? Just saw it's a free ps+ title this month but that's probably the only part I'd play

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Lockback posted:

I think Bud's playoff issues are overblown, 15 coaches lose in the playoffs every year, its ok. But that said, a lot of teams would love a guy who could take their team to a high/mid seed and wring out the most you can from the talent. Ignoring current coaches, I think most of the non playoff teams would like to see that happen,

bud reminds me of cp3, like he will absolutely maximize your regular season success

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Welcome Heat. And everyone I guess. Or no one?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I was reminded today of the 2011 Mavs win. It was nice. I love Dirk.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

kingcobweb posted:

Welcome Heat. And everyone I guess. Or no one?

Everyone is either fishing or racing horses from a rickety cart now, all are welcome.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

IcePhoenix posted:

Is the franchise mode in 2k23 any good? Just saw it's a free ps+ title this month but that's probably the only part I'd play

It's fine, it's closer to being the actual rules than 4-5 years ago when I used to complain about it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well when pat williams out of nowhere becomes a superstar and dalen terry goes from completely unplayable to 1:1 lonzo replacement after 3 weeks of training with demar and the bulls re-sign vooch to an awful contract, and zach decides to learn how the sport of basketball works, the bulls will be BACK to reclaim the larry o'brien trophy, you just wait

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Turns out jimmy isn't good enough to lead a team to a championship. Garpax was right

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

don't wanna see Strus back on the Heat, Vincent probably going to be too pricy for the Heat, come back Kevin we love you. definitely do not want to see Dame on the Heat but thankfully that seems to just be another "Dame's not actually leaving but he wants to strengthen his loyalty brading" things.

their resources are pretty limited but there will definitely be some changes next year. no matter if it's Vincent or another guy, they need to bring in someone else too because Kyle is not built to last for an entire season as starter or backup point guard. real excited to see what Jovic and Jamal Cain look like next season and if they're able to crack the regular season rotation. maybe Duncan Robinson can become defensively not-stupid enough to take the bulk of Strus' minutes on but man, judging on the game tonight, that's a ways off

but the number one question for the Heat this offseason - is Cody Zeller coming back??? we all need to know Pat, bring back the Codester!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Algund Eenboom posted:

Turns out jimmy isn't good enough to lead a team to a championship. Garpax was right

miami didn't have enough Alphas

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
time to drop the Ja news, Adam. I'm already bored!!!!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He should have revealed the suspension at the end of the trophy ceremony like the "One more thing..." at the end of an Apple product launch

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

xbilkis posted:

He should have revealed the suspension at the end of the trophy ceremony like the "One more thing..." at the end of an Apple product launch

Then donned a pair of ski goggles and sprayed Champagne everywhere

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

miami didn't have enough Alphas

they didnt even have one!!

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Bud's going to bring steady competency back to the Blazers in the '24-'25 season

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Brook Lopez was seen as an offense only center in Brooklyn and LA and Bud turned him into a perennial DPOY candidate.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Shinjobi posted:

I was reminded today of the 2011 Mavs win. It was nice. I love Dirk.

Honestly, it might be my favorite NBA Finals ever.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

IcePhoenix posted:

The My League option might be the best mode in the game. Highly customizable on difficulty and how “real” the roster rules are. Big thing is no micro transactions or grinding for advancement like MyTeam or MyPlayer. I found that over the course of several seasons it’s a little too easy to game the CPU GMs in trades, but still pretty good. I think there are sliders to adjust how the CPU values certain assets that can make that a lot more challenging but I haven’t gone that deep on settings.

You can even lock yourself into controlling a single player or position (while also running the front office) and do a pseudo MyPlayer thing without the absolutely insane grind attached to it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Marklar posted:

Honestly, it might be my favorite NBA Finals ever.

Cavs in 2016 was better but that Dallas one was really close.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
yeah NBA 2k's association mode is the best franchise mode in sports now that NCAA Football isn't around.

It's real real good.

Maybe they release the Good versions of the game on PC this year so I will buy and play it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thanks for the response friends I'll give it a shot

Dexo posted:

now that NCAA Football isn't around.

I still believe that NILs will bring it back

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

IcePhoenix posted:

Thanks for the response friends I'll give it a shot

I still believe that NILs will bring it back

It's back next year. EA has already announced it. And are working out NIL deals with players, that players are(rightfully) not happy about as they are only getting like 500 bux lol.

Worse comes to worse, my guess is they are going to just do the roster editing thing again.

I said what I said, because we don't have any information about the dynasty mode.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

It's back next year. EA has already announced it. And are working out NIL deals with players, that players are(rightfully) not happy about as they are only getting like 500 bux lol.

Worse comes to worse, my guess is they are going to just do the roster editing thing again.

I said what I said, because we don't have any information about the dynasty mode.

I think most random college football players are gonna be fine with $500 and a game copy, but not so much for the Caleb Williamses of the world.

My favorite thing to do in 2K is a MyLeague with only the All-Time versions of each team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kyle Lowry makes nearly $30 million next season.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

R.D. Mangles posted:

Kyle Lowry makes nearly $30 million next season.

And he deserves it, too.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Aye Doc posted:

don't wanna see Strus back on the Heat, Vincent probably going to be too pricy for the Heat, come back Kevin we love you. definitely do not want to see Dame on the Heat but thankfully that seems to just be another "Dame's not actually leaving but he wants to strengthen his loyalty brading" things.

their resources are pretty limited but there will definitely be some changes next year. no matter if it's Vincent or another guy, they need to bring in someone else too because Kyle is not built to last for an entire season as starter or backup point guard. real excited to see what Jovic and Jamal Cain look like next season and if they're able to crack the regular season rotation. maybe Duncan Robinson can become defensively not-stupid enough to take the bulk of Strus' minutes on but man, judging on the game tonight, that's a ways off

but the number one question for the Heat this offseason - is Cody Zeller coming back??? we all need to know Pat, bring back the Codester!!!

Why don't you like Strus?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Now every team has goine fishing

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Of the two Heat guards in FA, Strus would probably be cheaper to bring back, Gabe is probably going to get a big MLE deal, I think.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

The Nuggets have gone horsing

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The last time the bulls win acplayoff series it involved Gianni getting kicked out of a game because he got mad at Mike Dunleavy elbowing him.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

The last time the bulls win acplayoff series it involved Gianni getting kicked out of a game because he got mad at Mike Dunleavy elbowing him.

I meant to tell you this earlier. The top comp for next year's projected number 1, Matas Buzelis, is taller Mike Dunleavy Jr

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

Jokic was informed last night he wasn't allowed until some bullshit parade

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

I meant to tell you this earlier. The top comp for next year's projected number 1, Matas Buzelis, is taller Mike Dunleavy Jr

The #1 prospect is a genetically engineered elbow with legs.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Grafting new legs on to Mike Dunleavy and making him go to Europe to learn to play on them under an assumed identity.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mike Dunleavy coming back into the league for one game when he gets boxed out for a rebound and then hits an opponent with a bat then gets immediately arrested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mike Dunleavy assessed a flagrant 2 for shooting Josh Giddy with the Japanese assassination gun.