Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Team Getting Victor
This poll is closed.
Pistons 7 17.07%
Spurs 14 34.15%
Rockets 2 4.88%
Blazers 4 9.76%
UCONN 6 14.63%
Other 8 19.51%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why Kevin Ollie??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Henchman of Santa posted:

Why Kevin Ollie??

He’s supposedly very good developer of talent and a natural leader

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1649458070077014016?s=46&t=0x_opuk5bo0lymk_1YRzgQ

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Great thread title

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Your crooklyn new jersey nets... they stink. In the offseason they need to sign james harden, kevin durant, and kyrie irving

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Welcome to the Nets. Everyone thought the team would lose out the end of the season for some reason but a team with a bunch of tough lunch pail guys had a good season. Sixers just too much.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Algund Eenboom posted:

Your crooklyn new jersey nets... they stink. In the offseason they need to sign james harden, kevin durant, and kyrie irving

I heard a reporter say they should trade Mikal Bridges if teams really are offering like these 3 first pick packages for him. What do you think?

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Rick posted:

I heard a reporter say they should trade Mikal Bridges if teams really are offering like these 3 first pick packages for him. What do you think?

Do the Nets not already have a bunch of assets from blowing up their super team? Mikal is young and really good, and his archetype pairs well with pretty much any other type of star. I'd keep him unless it was a Gobert-esque offer you can't refuse.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Do the Nets not already have a bunch of assets from blowing up their super team? Mikal is young and really good, and his archetype pairs well with pretty much any other type of star. I'd keep him unless it was a Gobert-esque offer you can't refuse.

They owe Houston a ton of future firsts or pick swaps from the Harden trade. They’re effectively anti-incentivized to trade Bridges or tank in any way.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Yeah Nets should be looking to buy and get a guy alongside Bridges, not selling.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Rick posted:

I think they should keep him because i like him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Toronto,the racism free mega city, and Brooklyn the home of landlords you love to hate are really going to figure out what the market for various tiers of three and D wings are this off-season.

If they like it we shall have some trades, if they don’t like it, then we won’t learn anything

Cleveland has to be a buyer for some sort of small forward who is the starting caliber player right?

I assume they’ll be calling both Toronto and Brooklyn

If you don’t want to make a trade, theres often injured, khris Middleton. Then the very signable best as a fourth option, who can moved to third when you have injuries or matchup issues, Jerami, Grant, then you drop down to the cam johnson, dillon brooks austin reaves josh hart, torrey craig zone

Torrey would be a great low downside move, same with josh hart.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Does Cleveland have anything to trade? They traded everything they had for Mitchell

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Cedi I guess

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

good idea, a straight up gobert/mikal bridges trade would be interesting

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
What would the Nets want with Gobert?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Cedi I guess

Jarrett Allen would be enticing

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lockback posted:

What would the Nets want with Gobert?

flip him for five first round picks?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Donno has done a big series comeback before. They still have a chance. Pretend the last three Mitchell playoff series didn't happen.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

Donno has done a big series comeback before. They still have a chance. Pretend the last three Mitchell playoff series didn't happen.

Sorry I didn't mean to imply cleveland as a gone fishin team. I was talking more about the Nets and Raptors, who have gone a fishing, and how the market for 3 and D guys will effect what they do this orf saison

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1650298184978280448?t=8c4qiChYbvw-OexrktUMWw&s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/renmusb1/status/1649895047641583616?t=QCVJReFCdsH8zV-AnympFQ&s=19

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I feel for the guy who didn't find what he was looking for but I honestly have no idea who that guy is.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
That's former Maverick Tyrell Terry.

I'm sorry for him, though, life as a bubble roster guy has gotta be really stressful.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lol that was great and the matching back shuffle at the end was amazing

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

me and the boys are going down to the courts to cosplay

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Would a fringe-NBA player be able to make top 1% USD income in Europe/China/Wherever or do you have to be a former NBA/high-end D1 guy who some people would recognize to pull those numbers?

Not saying it would be a solution for Terry, just curious.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Blind Pineapple posted:

Would a fringe-NBA player be able to make top 1% USD income in Europe/China/Wherever or do you have to be a former NBA/high-end D1 guy who some people would recognize to pull those numbers?

Not saying it would be a solution for Terry, just curious.

$200K-$500K is pretty normal per year for Turkish and Spanish leagues I think, a fringe NBA guy could definitely command that (the issue in some Asian leagues is restrictions on foreign players, but I don't think that's a thing in most of the Euro leagues).

What's the difference between "Fringe" and "Former," really? A guy who is barely in the league for a season or two is definitely a "fringe" NBA guy, and when he goes to play in China or whatever he becomes former.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
An article I googled helpfully listing the Top 10 EuroLeague salaries includes such NBA greats as Shane Larkin, Kevin Pangos, and Mike James, so there's definitely money out there for guys bouncing between the G League and the end of the bench. Of course, there are all kinds of reasons why you wouldn't want to pack up and go play in Turkey or whatever, which is presumably why guys like Pangos occasionally come back on a minimum contract to never play for the Cavaliers

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My psuedocousin played in a pro am league in like Indiana. I don't know if his specific league was like this but I read up on some others in Indiana and like players would travel and live in like volunteer's homes and poo poo. They made like 30 K a year though which is more money than I've made some adult years of life.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

He has been dealing with mental health stuff for his whole career, hope he gets some more peace now.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

What's the difference between "Fringe" and "Former," really? A guy who is barely in the league for a season or two is definitely a "fringe" NBA guy, and when he goes to play in China or whatever he becomes former.

For “former” I was thinking of guys like Stephon Marbury and Dwight Howard. Guys that had good years in the NBA and people would recognize. Perhaps “former stars” would be a better way to distinguish them from the late preseason cuts and guys that had a couple of 10-days.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1650611988916060160

First coaching domino falls.

Not excited that the Rockets are inviting distractions by hiring a sex pest even if it's justifiable as a basketball move. For whatever reason, players respect him a lot so maybe he can bring a winning mindset to the Rockets. Perhaps he could also attract fellow shithead-but-good-at-basketball Celtic Jaylen Brown in a sign and trade.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Blind Pineapple posted:

Not excited that the Rockets are inviting distractions by hiring a sex pest even if it's justifiable as a basketball move. For whatever reason, players respect him a lot so maybe he can bring a winning mindset to the Rockets. Perhaps he could also attract fellow shithead-but-good-at-basketball Celtic Jaylen Brown in a sign and trade.

He is genuinely a good basketball coach and the rockets really want to win, so it fits. We know the org is full of lowlifes so no big change.
I wonder who they're going to sign in FA for their playoff push. This FA class is actually deep if not full of stars, they could probably theaten for the 8th seed if they got a bunch of good vets

dokmo posted:

He has been dealing with mental health stuff for his whole career, hope he gets some more peace now.

I feel bad for him. Like he is losing out on millions cause of mental health and he's not being a pest like mr republican congressman. I wish I could help these guys, I know like 10 lifestyle changes the average athlete could use to massively reduce anxiety and overall suffering

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 25, 2023

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Rick posted:

My psuedocousin played in a pro am league in like Indiana. I don't know if his specific league was like this but I read up on some others in Indiana and like players would travel and live in like volunteer's homes and poo poo. They made like 30 K a year though which is more money than I've made some adult years of life.
That's minimum wage in lots of states, but I'd guess in Indiana that might go far enough.

Blind Pineapple posted:

I'm really hoping Brown is just shithead-adjacent

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

I feel bad for him. Like he is losing out on millions cause of mental health and he's not being a pest like mr republican congressman. I wish I could help these guys, I know like 10 lifestyle changes the average athlete could use to massively reduce anxiety and overall suffering

Tell me 5 lifestyle changes please

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Well, let's see what happens when the team can actually play together and gel.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

Well, let's see what happens when the team can actually play together and gel.

Sorry my dude, I was pulling as hard as I could. Any team with Ant is still in good shape moving forward IMO.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Quite frankly, the Timberwolves making it this far AT ALL is a positive, though it doesn't help with my "Jesus Christ I just want ONE of the Minnesota teams to win a round of playoffs, we might well have all four in a playoffs game in 2023 and not one of them make it".

Though by that dint winning out of the play-in game elimination may count in some aspects? In which case congrats Timberwolves. It don't feel like it, though.

Regardless, however, the Wolves actually being relevant is a massive step up from the past God-knows-how-long of them being marginal as hell. Two back-to-back years of playoffs appearances is something you can build on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

abuse culture. posted:

Tell me 5 lifestyle changes please

Theyre all related to sleep and stimulant consumption it’s nothing esoteric