Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Team Getting Victor
This poll is closed.
Pistons 7 17.07%
Spurs 14 34.15%
Rockets 2 4.88%
Blazers 4 9.76%
UCONN 6 14.63%
Other 8 19.51%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

there is none. they have no draft pick until like 2026 so they can't even tank. they can't even let vooch walk because they're over the cap so they can't replace him and ball will probably never play basketball again. enjoyed the one year i thought the bulls were competently run before realizing they hired Jonas Paxojunas. dont worry i'll keep drinking this garbage.

the one year in like the rest of the decade they have a draft pick, they drafted terry and treated him like a second round two-way guy! it's infuriating!!!!!!

We have our pick next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think the front office at the deadline had basically accepted this team was doomed but didn't like the trade market, so they decided they'd trade LaVine in the offseason. But now they're in a weird position where LaVine looked really good post ASB, and I don't think they have the appetite to do a rebuild rather than a retool, so do you really wanna make your first big move a trade of the super dynamic scorer that's in his prime even if he's maddeningly flawed/inconsistent? Can you resist the allure of convincing yourself this might be the season he Finally Puts It Together?

This team's best path to contention probably does involve trading LaVine, but it'd have to be the right trade or else it just ends up being a reshuffling of the deck. Either all the stars align and you can use him as the centerpiece of a deal for a legit star (in a package with, like, Patrick Williams and picks or whatever), or maybe you pull a version of a PG13/SGA-type deal where you trade him to a team who sees him as The Final Piece and gives up a promising young player who ends up blooming into a star in their own right.

It's more unlikely than not that one of those types of deals presents themselves this offseason, and if they don't, I would sadly probably just roll the dice and keep LaVine at least until the next deadline in hopes that a truly great option emerges. You likely can't keep riding with him forever, and there will probably come a time when it's best to just cash in and take whatever the best deal is you can get for him, but I'm not quite at that point yet.

I know it sounds depressing, but I'd maybe try one last retool around Zach/Demar, see what they look like with a defensive center and a couple of actual shooters, hope it's more of a five seed-type team than one that's desperately clinging to the last play-in spot. I dunno

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Bulls have nothing to trade, are over the cap, and won't pay the tax, so I have no idea how they add any of those players.

Caruso should be a really valuable trade piece to a contender, but also the Bulls defense would probably fall apart without him. I might try to see if you can replace 70% of what he brings to the table with Javonte though

Other than that you have uh...a Vucevic sign and trade? Yeah they're hosed

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Melo in the powder blue Nuggets jerseys was the coolest athlete in the world to middle school me, and that should be his defining legacy imo

It's a shame the Nuggets are gonna win a championship in a rare era when their unis are bad

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Andre Drummond should be available!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If the Celtics had just made the ECF for the first or second time with a 25 and 26 year old as their two best players, everyone would look at them as a team that's ready to make the ascent into Serious Contention, but because they've been a borderline finals team since Tatum's rookie season people have a weird perspective on the team. Zero reason that a team that made the finals last year and was a win away this year should be getting "blow it up" calls

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

temple posted:

Who's calling for that?

Lots of people? e.g.

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1663543235216830464

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Give me a second Chicago franchise with an owner than actually cares about basketball please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He should have revealed the suspension at the end of the trophy ceremony like the "One more thing..." at the end of an Apple product launch