Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

I am immune to all diease and I will never die.

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

sweet thursday posted:

Literally the only person with the right attitude getting ripped on.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Loooong dick covid Chad vs healthy virgin

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I got it three times. The first time I pooped myself because I coughed so hard

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Disco Pope posted:

I did probably at a Dinosaur Jr concert and it made me miss a Pavement concert.

what year is it

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

It's more impressive if you get covid and your adonis immune system beats it to death with its rippling muscles

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bossy lady posted:

It's more impressive if you get covid and your adonis immune system beats it to death with its rippling muscles

that's what happened to me. i got it while people still cared to test for it and was like "hm got a slightly sore throat. should test just to be safe", was positive and symptoms ended in a day lol. then i got the second booster and that loving wrecked me.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i think i'd rather have gotten covid than the 4 day stomach bug my kids brought home this past winter.

so. much. bile

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Covid more like novid

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
No covid here. I just got sick as gently caress from a cold though. Immune system has been getting updated as much as my work laptop.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

wow look at all these selfish fucks who denied us herd immunity.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

flubber nuts posted:

wow look at all these selfish fucks who denied us herd immunity.

I was an asymptomatic host, thank you.

Selfish gently caress is just rude.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

kntfkr posted:

what year is it

Why don't you get hip to the fresh sound of indie-rock and I'll see you on the flipside?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Disco Pope posted:

Why don't you get hip to the fresh sound of indie-rock and I'll see you on the flipside?

go back to those gold soundz

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I got COVID in July of last year, which was bizarre considering the fact that I was on summer vacation at the time and had no plans. It was mid-July too; my district's school year runs from early-to-mid September to late June.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I had it last month for the first time and honestly it wasn’t that bad.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I don't think I got it either.

I hadn't been sick since 2019 until January of this year. I had a cough for like 3 days and then it went away to become a runny nose for a day or two. Felt fine in a week total but whatever it was, it was weak af.

Although shortly after I had a vertigo incident and fell onto my face. Had blood work done after to figure out wtf and everything came out okay nothing that'd have caused it and I think they'd have mentioned covid because I think that poo poo will come up in blood and Piss tests.

I think it was because of exhaustion instead.

I'm too powerful to really get sick

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Got the OG Covid in 2020 despite all my hermetic and antiseptic efforts before the vaccines were available. I was an essential worker in health care and it was only a matter of time. Then I got all my shots and I’ve been good ever since.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Sorbus posted:

I got a nasty flu like 4 times 2020-2022 but always tested negative. I feel some slight fomo

Same, and I've recently recovered from a non-COVID sinus infection too.

I still kind of wonder if there are some people that just never test positive despite actually getting it, because I've been in scenarios that seem like they would give me COVID on several occasions (going to concerts, going on a cruise, traveling to countries where masking is generally not done, etc.).

edit: never too late to fix a typo

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 13, 2023

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Same OP. I also havent' gotten the flu or a major cold since 2020. So thanks Covid.

:emptyquote:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

sweet thursday posted:

same OP. even spent multiple weeks in Europe last fall in pubs and concerts n poo poo and nada. :shrug:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i thought i was clear but i got covid 2 weeks ago, first time! and i work with the general unwashed public all through the so called pandemic. "essential worker" more like "essential chump" while everyone else got their government paid vacations.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Ughh tell me about it! Ive been licking door knobs, having people spit on me, hell even checking into the ER to shuffle around the covid ward breathing in so deep i hyperventilate and pass out on the floor. This has been ongoing for years at this point, what's it gonna take to finally catch this stupid thing!

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I was getting large boxes of test kits at work and they all came with pos/neg test strips thing in a sealed bag, so I guess you could test 1 in every 50 tests?

Regardless, I had so many POS tests.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Piss Creep posted:

I was getting large boxes of test kits at work and they all came with pos/neg test strips thing in a sealed bag, so I guess you could test 1 in every 50 tests?

Regardless, I had so many POS tests.

I’ll give you something to strip and pos

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I’ll give you something to strip and pos

Primary Operating Stock?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Dick Fontaine posted:

Really tempting fate there buddy

Every time I carve out "no fate" something bad happens. Just don't carve it. Keep it in your head.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
staying up to see someone die again

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I haven't gotten it yet. I assume I will and I'm immunocompromised enough that once I do, welp, end of the line for me. Nobody in public has seen the lower half of my face for three years.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I had covid and it was very bad. But not long covid so that's cool I guess.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i have long ligma

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I was talking about my recent bouts of illness, strep, etc with a doctor at our primary care clinic today.

He flatly told me, that at this point, across all variants, the rapid tests have "maybe a 60% rate of detecting COVID", and, therefore, a 40% chance of giving you a false negative (and basically no chance of giving a false positive).

This is in stark contrast to the messaging the same office was providing last year, which was "we think the rapid tests are pretty good".

I think we've had covid at least once in this house, probably twice (wildtype + omi) but we'll never know. I do know that since whatever the gently caress it was we all had in spring of 2022, basically every "minor" illness I've had has brought me to my knees and triggered time off from work which is highly unusual for me, but, the docs tell me it's "pretty normal based on what we're seeing in the community", so, lol.

HellOnEarth posted:

I haven't gotten it yet. I assume I will and I'm immunocompromised enough that once I do, welp, end of the line for me. Nobody in public has seen the lower half of my face for three years.

grats on staying strong, we gave up when our older kid became obstinate about masks, our younger kid was in childcare and too young for it to even be a thing they'd consider doing for her, and so basically we have insane amounts of community exposure. Needless to say, we've gotten sick left and right, but in literally every case it was one of the kids who first showed symptoms, so unless I'm going to start wearing n95s around the house 24/7 (which I do, when I am the only sick person, sure), I'm just going to keep getting sick, which is not great.

I've taken 8 sick days in the last 8 weeks, compared to my usual average of about 0.5-1 per quarter.

e: OP unless you've been living alone on an island or taking the same steps HellOnEarth has been, you probably did have some form of COVID at some point, HTH

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm sure I did since my wife caught it in October of 2021 and we realistically weren't able to quarantine in any meaningful way. But I never tested positive and never had any symptoms.

We had an outbreak at work that December and I also somehow dodged it despite everyone around me dropping like flies.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm sure I did since my wife caught it in October of 2021 and we realistically weren't able to quarantine in any meaningful way. But I never tested positive and never had any symptoms.

We had an outbreak at work that December and I also somehow dodged it despite everyone around me dropping like flies.

ur one of those freaks who are genetically immune

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
"Heh, I'm not one to be proud about my genetics... but"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Cabbages and Kings posted:

e: OP unless you've been living alone on an island or taking the same steps HellOnEarth has been, you probably did have some form of COVID at some point, HTH

yeah this is true of most people and most illnesses. you've probably contracted them but your immune system just quashed it before it had a chance to become noticeable

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
if you lift weights and have sex regularly (at least 2x/week) you literally cannot get covid

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
i dont think i ever got covid either, but i feel like i got dumber over the past couple of years so maybe i got asymptomic covid and now have the long covid stupids

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Disco Pope posted:

I did probably at a Dinosaur Jr concert and it made me miss a Pavement concert.

Sounds like a win to me op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Sounds like you never leave the house op.

I got it once, from my girlfriend which was definitely a little annoying since I really wanted to avoid it but wasn't bad at all in terms of symptoms, I barely felt it