Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Can’t recognize a fish that’s not battered and fried?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I had to do the wind temple approach twice because I found it before talking to any NPC in the rito village. I just saw this cool Mario 64 level poo poo and explored until I found a badass airship then wondered why I couldn't do anything, and then I couldn't warp back to the entrance

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I found it early too but bounced after poking around a little because it seemed pretty serious.

thank God for the lost woods tip. Master Sword acquired and I'm in Hyrule Castle. Time to pwn some Imprisoned rear end.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

In Training posted:

Time to pwn some Imprisoned rear end.

good luck, let us know when you get back to playing Zelda :D

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

I had to do the wind temple approach twice because I found it before talking to any NPC in the rito village. I just saw this cool Mario 64 level poo poo and explored until I found a badass airship then wondered why I couldn't do anything, and then I couldn't warp back to the entrance

Can you not even get to the shrines dotted along the route?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Can you not even get to the shrines dotted along the route?

That's as far as I could warp to but still had to do the bouncy boat section so it wasn't that bad.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bicyclops posted:

my five year old is playing A Link the The Past, holding the controllers, reading the words with help, and the second he ran into the Uncle in the secret passage, he ran the gently caress the other way because he didn't want to get in trouble for leaving the house lmao

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Big lol at the late game scene when you reconvene with the sages at Lookout Landing and the combined power of this awesome brain trust finally puts the pieces together and realizes that maybe the weird teleporting demon ghost that can summon infinite bokoblins and phantom ganons ISNT Zelda. But where could she be????

I wasn't expecting more game at this point though...cool. I was ready to wrap it up but hell maybe it's time for hella more exploring.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I wish I could just attack an obviously disguised yiga clan member instead of having to do their dumb tasks first

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Jenny Agutter posted:

I wish I could just attack an obviously disguised yiga clan member instead of having to do their dumb tasks first

the reward is you get to talk to thm for longer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I enjoy the cartoonish idiocy of the yiga traps

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

my five year old is playing A Link the The Past, holding the controllers, reading the words with help, and the second he ran into the Uncle in the secret passage, he ran the gently caress the other way because he didn't want to get in trouble for leaving the house lmao

lol I love this

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I like that they yell at you if you run up to them with the yiga gear on

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sometimes when I see a random npc I'm reminded that they're all heavily filtered Miis and it's so distracting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

wOw late game spoilers feel like everything after Hyrule Castle has sucked rear end. A 5th sage reveal shoulda been sick but it was just like...rehashing other bits and pieces but doing it worse w/ thunderhead and Construct Factory, plus this robot just loving blows. It does less than link can do plus it's slower and controls worse. So fuckin sick lol. really weird stuff all around and genuinely hope I'm close to the end of the story so I can go back to exploring.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

i hate that stupid robot

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Yep. The robot was bad.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Extreme cut content vibe from that part lol. You're literally at the end of the game which you can't even use the robot in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah definitely feels like something they built before they even knew what the game was gonna be or something lol.

Even story wise it offers absolutely nothing new. It even replays cutscenes youve seen already!!! So baffling for an otherwise like, perfect game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

wOw late game spoilers feel like everything after Hyrule Castle has sucked rear end. A 5th sage reveal shoulda been sick but it was just like...rehashing other bits and pieces but doing it worse w/ thunderhead and Construct Factory, plus this robot just loving blows. It does less than link can do plus it's slower and controls worse. So fuckin sick lol. really weird stuff all around and genuinely hope I'm close to the end of the story so I can go back to exploring.

it was really lame yea. they couldve at least sped it up and gave it a nice moon jump so theres a reason to ride it ever

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I got that sage 2nd overall and it was extremely useful for depths exploration. it was awesome.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

it was really lame yea. they couldve at least sped it up and gave it a nice moon jump so theres a reason to ride it ever

just put a fan on its back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

how'd you get into ring ruins that early?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You don't need to get into the ring ruins, I just dropped onto dragonhead isle from above while the storm was still going and wandered into the HP check door

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

You don't need to get into the ring ruins, I just dropped onto dragonhead isle from above while the storm was still going and wandered into the HP check door

Swag.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the robot kicks rear end.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

b_d posted:

the robot kicks rear end.

Yep.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol of course the people who couldn't get the robot without clearing the clouds think it sucks

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

i did, and i think it sucks

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

robot sucks in the same way th reat of rhe sage system sucks but the spirit temple was super cool

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Yeah the arm and leg depots are the kind of ultra hand gizmo puzzle I want more of still

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The robot boss was my favorite of the temple bosses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The robot boss was my favorite of the temple bosses

:gonk:

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!