Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

YeahTubaMike posted:

I've been a member of the forums for literally my entire adult life, and I have no god drat clue what I would do if Reddit suddenly became my only other forums-adjacent option

Can't really stand it. You find a good group for a hobby and find some good posts, but then you realize there are just toxic assholes everywhere with little to no moderation. Facebook groups has great content for hobbies, but it's def not a forum format. No sense of community because Facebook just feels so global, but at least the groups are usually moderated so when you get the chud whose final brain cell dies his going off the rails post gets removed along with him forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Carlos Lantana posted:

Everyone's hosed up on prescription stimulants

Hey, some of us with taste only get hosed up on homemade Artisan stimulants.

I found a good seller off etsy. Look gorgeous, gluten free, and that sprinkle of wild oats and honey on top, oh and taste marvelous!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
just bite the loving bullet and go back to Fark

dk2m
May 6, 2009
i refuse to get an av op

Macatt
May 3, 2005

Wipfmetz posted:

Reddit, ok.

But is twitter even a "message board"?

It's a collection of blogs. Everything you post is either to your own profile or in the replies to someone else's blog post, unlike on message boards where all the content resides in communal spaces. Blog collections organize posts by speaker, forums organize posts by topic. For all its faults, I gotta appreciate Reddit for keeping anonymous discussion alive in the mainstream in this age of narcissism and followers.

On topic, right from the start my plan was to keep that old Stupid Newbie baby avatar perpetually. But then after so many years they changed the default, so it was a meaningless effort. Kind of like leaving the plastic film on my decade-old device, only to have someone peel it off for me when I'm not looking, which I'm ashamed to say isn't a made-up analogy.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Someone was nice enough to buy me a cat wearing a tiny cowboy hat awhile back. I honestly can't recall who did it, when they did it or why they did it. Evidently it was necessary at the time.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tite Barnacle posted:

Someone was nice enough to buy me a cat wearing a tiny cowboy hat awhile back. I honestly can't recall who did it, when they did it or why they did it. Evidently it was necessary at the time.

I would put it to you that cats wearing a tiny cowboy hat are always necessary. :colbert:

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

I think I started on here in 1998 as soultaker (after the MST3k episode) then bought this account when Lowtax started the platinum thing.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

dr_rat posted:

I would put it to you that cats wearing a tiny cowboy hat are always necessary. :colbert:

My name is Tite Barnacle and I endorse this statement.

Duck
Dec 9, 2000

Prepare for the end.

Carpet posted:

and so thought I should finally buy an avatar, and get rid of the one I've had since I joined, which was a text-based scientology reference one (which was the style at the time).

Has anyone else gone longer without an avatar change

Lol yep they have

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

BadTitude posted:

why are we on this gay dead website

it turns out that the internet making you stupid and being for weirdos is a thousand times better than whan the internet looks like when its for normal people

the internet, video games, even roleplaying games becoming mainstream are all monkeys paw scenarios come true

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
my account will be 22 years old tomorrow... :sigh:

I had an account on the OG forums back in 98/99?

I can honestly say that when I was bullshitting on the forum back in 99 working as a call center agent for Cellular One (:lol::lol::lol: when they still had regional cell phone carriers) that I never thought I'd be shitposting two+ decades later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Bunch of loving noobs in this thread.