Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!
through the years, the something awful forums have experienced several widespread purges of conservative voices. i believe this has arguably lowered the quality of discourse overall, especially in cspam where the entire spectrum of political thought should be up for discussion. with this opinion in mind, im opening up this space for discussion of the conservative platform and ideology with the hope that conservatives of all stripes will feel comfortable chiming in with their views on popular political topics discussed throughout cspam without fear of approbation or persecution.

in america, the conservative platform can be clumsily condensed into a few major planks, mostly centered around opposition to government overreach:

-- relaxing burdensome tax structures that incentivize wasteful government spending
-- reducing the state surveillance apparatus
-- emphasizing personal liberty and independence while maintaining a focus on the bonds of family and local community
-- reversing innovation-stifling regulations imposed on industry
-- recently, a strong anti-war current has emerged within the movement, being lead by maybe the most prominent conservative thinker, tucker carlson

i think theres a lot of common ground to be found in the list above if we're willing, as a community, to set aside our prejudices and personal grudges in order to open a safe and respectful dialogue for the enrichment of everyone. so lets hear your thoughts! if ive made any errors in the above, i hope someone more involved in the conservative movement can correct me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I've been conserving my semen in hopes of gaining certain sexual powers, not sure if that's the same thing OP?

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Old Story posted:

I've been conserving my semen in hopes of gaining certain sexual powers, not sure if that's the same thing OP?

hold up, sex powers? what kind of sex powers? how much cum do you need to collect to get sex powers? are there any books I can read to learn more?

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

please save your bad faith trolling for another thread, thanks.

Old Story posted:

im not an expert (which is why im hoping to hear from some conservative voices itt) but to my knowledge, you might find a lot of fellow travelers among the right!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

croup coughfield posted:

please save your bad faith trolling for another thread, thanks.

I stand by my warning to otherwise gullible posters wandering into this thread

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I've eaten lunch with Dubya's first Secretary of Education, AMA

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

DarkSithLord posted:

I've eaten lunch with Dubya's first Secretary of Education, AMA

dr. paige's policies during his tenure were a great example of conservative efforts to reduce wasteful spending. but first: what was on the menu?

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

croup coughfield posted:

dr. paige's policies during his tenure were a great example of conservative efforts to reduce wasteful spending. but first: what was on the menu?

We had some of the best chili you'll ever feast on, no hungry belly left behind as I like to say. Name of the restaraunt's slipping my mind tho

DarkSithLord has issued a correction as of 16:59 on Apr 16, 2023

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

DarkSithLord posted:

We had of the best chili you'll ever feast on, no hungry belly left behind as I like to say

how does he hold his spoon?

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Normally i think

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Can't really get quirky or liberal with your silverware when eating good chili

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Bad faith, concern troll, putin bot. These are the ingredients professor croup used to make the conservative poster. But then he accidentally added another ingredient

Chemical chud.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

like ecological conservation?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

finally, a spin-free posting zone

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

The Saucer Hovers posted:

like ecological conservation?

conservation of cultural norms I think is the main thing but ive heard there's an undercurrent of ecological concern that is gaining popularity

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

thats great op. there are a lot of people who fervently believe in the efficacy (and sometimes moral imperative) of voting democrat. however, thats outside the scope of this thread so let's try to stay on topic. thanks!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

someone should run the government more like a company

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Zodium posted:

It's already run like FTX, OP.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Boosted_c5 never wore the hat amdh

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
My favourite conservative technology is the kers unit in formula 1

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

Zodium posted:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I grew up surrounded by people who questioned everything around them, and now all I seem to find is people who are way too comfy to move their asses to do anything. Everyone is just so lazy, I struggle to find people in general who want to do something besides sitting at their couch and look at their phone, we're more isolated than ever.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im grover norquist (actionable threat)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
america needs to make things again

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

croup coughfield posted:

thats great op. there are a lot of people who fervently believe in the efficacy (and sometimes moral imperative) of voting democrat. however, thats outside the scope of this thread so let's try to stay on topic. thanks!

the democrats are conservatives though?

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
op when can we reveal our power levels on cspam

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
my grandpa grew up poor but then he became a successful businessman through hard work. no one ever gave him anything. I use this example as the foundation for my views on all social welfare and anything government subsidized.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
im conserving cum

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
lmao i just read the op. its bad

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Al! posted:

america needs to make things again

Um actually this is clearly in violation of conservative principles as we need to have free trade to support the free market?

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

nice safe space to chud out in, let your mask down a little bit

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

nice safe space to chud out in, let your mask down a little bit

my conservative ideals lead me to believe arming children, nay, arming babies is the best way to stop capitalists. i certainly hope i can get my tankie brethren to agree! i submit simpsons s07e01 as evidence to back up my claims

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

kspam konservative korner

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
im only psting to say incredible avatar + post combo OP

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

thehandtruck posted:

lmao i just read the op. its bad

whats bad about it

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

croup coughfield posted:

-- recently, a strong anti-war current has emerged within the movement, being lead by maybe the most prominent conservative thinker, tucker carlson

I like thinking about this. I have no idea if he's the most prominent conservative thinker, I don't even know how many people watch his show so maybe none of this matters. Whenever I encounter what he says about Ukraine, he's usually right. I'm at work so I can't provide examples. I'm not entirely convinced that this makes him "anti-war" in general given the comments he's made in the past and what I know has been said on his show regarding China. I think it's a mistake to completely write him off but I don't know how much I'd be willing to concede to him and people who think like him. I don't know if this makes sense.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!
:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!
hans was right