Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I could have gone to this show and was making plans to until I learned I had to dog-sit for my parents this weekend :argh: Glad the show seemed incredible, and super happy for Alex Shelley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Goddamnit I love pro-wrestling. I really hope he's still the champ when they roll thru Memphis.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think they could get some excitement for a match between the MCMG and ABC now, because there's the tension of 'are they gonna give the Guns all the gold, or do you have Bey or Austin pin one of them to get a title shot later'.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Gaz-L posted:

I think they could get some excitement for a match between the MCMG and ABC now, because there's the tension of 'are they gonna give the Guns all the gold, or do you have Bey or Austin pin one of them to get a title shot later'.

If they go that route, which is an easy one to do and one I would expect, I wonder the timeline and sequence of events. We already have Nick Aldis challenging at Slammiversary for the World title, so unless they have a Double Jeopardy match you only have two Impact Plus shows to do various combinations until Bound for Glory.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1668755130341027841?s=20

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
D'Lo Brown gave an interview with Fightful, and he mentioned that one of the long-term goals for Impact Wrestling is for every TV broadcast be live. While that would be ideal for the promotion, I wonder how much of the talent signed chose Impact Wrestling BECAUSE you only work two weekends a month.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Scott D'Amore and PCO vs Bully Ray and Steve Maclin at Slammiversary :wow:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Moose re-signed, for what he claims is the longest-term contract anybody has ever signed with the promotion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Probably retiring in the company. He's been there 7 years as of next month and is going to be there at least 3 more (every long-term extension they've done at least the last 4 years has been 2-years), and enters his 40s next year

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm a bit behind but I'm catching up, and every segment with Hendry & Dango has been delightful. :allears:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Full cards for the Australian shows are out:

Friday, June 30:
Impact World Championship: Alex Shelly (c) vs. Steve Maclin
Impact X Division Championship: Chris Sabin (c) vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Robbie Eagles
Impact Digital Media Championship: Joe Hendry (c) vs. Eddie Edwards
The ABC vs. Moose & Brian Myers
Deonna Purrazzo vs. Steph De Lander
Gisele Shaw vs. Erika Reid
Killer Kelly vs. Aysha
Slex vs. Adam Brooks

Saturday, July 1:
Impact Knockouts World Championship: Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. Gisele Shaw
Impact World Tag Team Championship: The ABC (c) vs. the Motor City Machine Guns
Impact Digital Media Championship: winner of Hendry/Edwards vs. Moose
Steve Maclin vs. Frankie Kazarian
Killer Kelly vs. Steph De Lander
Brian Myers vs. Adam Brooks vs. Robbie Eagles
Natural Classics vs. Velocities

I'm obviously aware of Robbie Eagles and Steph De Lander, but can anyone tell me about the other locals?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Natural Classics are Stevie and Tome Filip, they've done tag work for New Japan and NWA on their recent/semi-recent Australia stops. Same for VeloCities (Jude London and Paris de Silva), although they've also been on RevPro and Warrior Wrestling

De Silva's the only one I'm familiar with/remembering, good high-flyer

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

VeloCities had some really good tag matches last year in RevPro with Aussie Open, the match from Epic Encounter 2022 is well worth a look

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Masha and Kelly :3: https://streamable.com/lu01ds

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don't know what you call the team of Slamovich and Kelly, because anything accurate would be too cartoonish.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Edward Mass posted:

I don't know what you call the team of Slamovich and Kelly, because anything accurate would be too cartoonish.

They Were Roommates

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I haven't watched Impact since they were TNA, but this is drat cool: Impact Wrestling to host major televised pro wrestling’s first Pride Night

quote:

IMPACT Wrestling will host its first Pride Night in Windsor, Ontario, on July 16. The event makes IMPACT the first major televised pro wrestling promotion ever to host a Pride Night and follows the release of the company’s first Pride photoshoot earlier this month.

IMPACT’s Pride Night will be held as part of its “Slammiversary Fallout” event one day after its annual anniversary pay-per-view event “Slammiversary.”

According to IMPACT, the pro wrestling company will partner with Windsor-Essex Pride Fest for the event and is offering a “Pride Ticket Package” that includes a private post-show meet and greet with out LGBTQ IMPACT wrestlers Gisele Shaw and Jai Vidal. IMPACT will donate a portion of all ticket package sales to The Trevor Project.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
That's nice.

I haven't had a chance to watch the first Australian show yet, but I'll wait until tomorrow to see if I need to get the two-pack.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oof. Thought his injury on night 1 against Shelley was a storyline

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1677682705729724418?s=20

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
That sucks. Hopefully he gets back at the same time as Josh Alexander.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Slammiversary is tomorrow

Death Dollz (Courtney Rush and Jessicka) and Jody Threat vs Gisele Shaw, Savannah Evans and Jai Vidal in a preshow match
Joe Hendry defends the Digital Media title against Kenny King in a preshow match
Frankie Kazarian vs Eddie Edwards
Speedball Mike Bailey, Jonathan Gresham, Alan Angels, Kevin Knight and KUSHIDA in a fiveway Ultimate X
Bully Ray and Deaner vs Scott D'Amore and a partner to-be-determined (was Bully and Steve Maclin vs D'Amore and PCO, but Bully and Maclin set PCO on fire on Impact, and Maclin got legit severely hurt against Alex Shelley in Australia)
The Coven (Taylor Wilde and KiLynn King) defend the Knockouts tag titles against Killer Kelly and Masha Slamovich
Bullet Club (Chris Bey and Ace Austin) defend the tag titles in a fourway against Subculture (Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews), Brian Myers and Moose, and Sami Callihan and Rich Swann
Chris Sabin defends the X title against Lio Rush
Deonna Purrazzo defends the Knockouts title against Trinity Fatu
Alex Shelley defends the world title against Nick Aldis

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
That's a legit great card by Impact ruined by the Nick Aldis main event. I know there's probably a storyline reason, but man there's like 3 or 4 guys on the undercard they could have replaced Aldis with.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

If anything it's going to make me cheer for Shelley more.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Slammiversary developments:

Kenny King is the new Digital Media champ. Joe Hendry's reign was the longest of the belt's history at 266 days
KUSHIDA is #1 contender to the X title, having won Ultimate X
Killer Kelly and Masha Slamovich are the new Knockouts tag champs
Eric Young is back from the dead, having reunited with Scott D'Amore to get revenge on Deaner
Lio Rush squashed Chris Sabin (after knocking him out before the match started) and became the new X division champ
Subculture (Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews) are the new tag champs after the Rascalz (Trey Miguel and Zachary Wentz) attacked Bullet Club (Ace Austin and Chris Bey)
Trinity Fatu is the new Knockouts champ
And though Alex Shelley was the only champ in the company to retain, even that looks in jeopardy soon; Josh Alexander, the former champ who was forced to vacate due to injury in the middle of the longest world title reign in the company's history, returned to close the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Show was good. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the Bully Ray clusterfuck match. Yelling at grandmas, MY BALLS, a ref quitting his job in the middle of the match, and D'Amore hitting Sky Highs and leg lariats and poo poo.