Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
https://twitter.com/JoshLekach/status/1647714670403354626?t=VvN-vF8Umn7_EYU3kutGWQ&s=19

I thought this TikToker made a surprising point but if it's true then how come there aren't any megathreads on it? Is she making poo poo up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Musk replied to this tweet and it reminded me of this thread:

https://twitter.com/TexasLindsay_/status/1665440977824231438

"Behaviors are gonna have to change and this is one thing we're asking companies. Uh you have to force behaviors. At BlackRock we are forcing behaviors."

This time it's for a good cause but I find it somewhat strange that a company that owns a piece of pretty much everything we interact with claims to be able, willing, and actively "forcing behaviors" if I've understood this right.

They don't even seem like a majority shareholder so it's bizarre to see them "forcing" anything but maybe they can do stuff like threaten to sell one company and support a competitor or something. I'm not rich and I don't know what options come with having lots of money so it's hard to understand how they can claim to "force" things but it's bizarre to see an unelected group of rich people with influence over every part of our society implying they use that influence to make things the way they want them to be.

I feel like they can openly talk about it in this case because they're doing good things this time but I don't trust rich people in general so it's hard to believe they're not using that influence in bad ways and simply being quiet about it.