Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/1653226718449254400?t=gu1y1CqObxmdxbeNQVRmtQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hell yeah

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Oof

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

fermun posted:

Timo Meier is back on the bench, good work NHL concussion protocol.

god drat, Pens loaning their medical staff?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Lindy Ruff revenge series.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
lmao way to go out with a whimper, wangers

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

hockey is a physical game. there are like two areas that haven't been legislated out: head down when you should have your head up, and ducking/flinching like Girard did last year on the Barbashev hit. taking it further would yield a different, less physical, less entertaining game. part of the skill is guys being smart enough to avoid getting hosed up when they should be able to avoid it. the counterplay is: don't stickhandle like a 10-year-old lol

99% of nhl players have figured out that trying to permanently injure one of their coworkers just because they put themselves in a vulnerable position is not actually a good thing. There are plenty of players that will pull up a bit on a check if it’s going to kill the guy. They can still lay a check and play the body but not be headhunting shitheads like Trouba

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Chad Sexington posted:

Yeah he was asking for it hnnnng

that's a really offensive analogy to make. there might be survivors in this thread and we try not to talk like that around here :). care to try again?

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

I never had any doubt

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Man, I’ve seen a lot of lacklustre game 7 performances and this one is right up there with the worst of them

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

secret volcano lair posted:

I never had any doubt

Lmbo. It was fun posting with you.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

that's a really offensive analogy to make. there might be survivors in this thread and we try not to talk like that around here :). care to try again?

you're being a gigantic piece of poo poo lol

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

god drat, Pens loaning their medical staff?

Avs medical staff let Cogliano play the entire 3rd period of game 6 with a broken neck

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

kill me now posted:

99% of nhl players have figured out that trying to permanently injure one of their coworkers just because they put themselves in a vulnerable position is not actually a good thing. There are plenty of players that will pull up a bit on a check if it’s going to kill the guy. They can still lay a check and play the body but not be headhunting shitheads like Trouba

yeah lol i'm sure it's because of morality they avoid it and not because the NHL has been slowly selecting it out since it's not a high percentage play for most people

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Erik Haula is still playing and Pavel Zacha isn't. lol

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

fermun posted:

Avs medical staff let Cogliano play the entire 3rd period of game 6 with a broken neck

I think Eriksson Ek was allowed to start with a broken leg, too. absolutely wild

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

kill me now posted:

You say that but the NHL players are the ones who are most gung ho about keeping fighting in the game and protecting that style of play

The owners I think in general wouldn't mind if it disappeared because they probably don't like the idea of their best players who they exploit for millions of dollars missing time for avoidable reasons.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I guess Trouba will learn that next year if you're going to try to give out concussions you should do it before the 3rd period of game 7 if you want to impact the series more.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I guess Trouba will learn that next year if you're going to try to give out concussions you should do it before the 3rd period of game 7 if you want to impact the series more.

:hmmyes:

bit of a lovely look doing it out of spite when you're making GBS threads the bed in game 7

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Erik Haula is still playing and Pavel Zacha isn't. lol

haula had an absolutely insane series too. no way they won with zacha in his place

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

haula had an absolutely insane series too. no way they won with zacha in his place

I'm never doubting fitz ever again.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Tenkaris posted:

you're being a gigantic piece of poo poo lol

i personally think that using sexual assault analogies to discuss legal plays between millionaires consensually playing a sport for a lot of money kinda sucks, but if you want to Playoff Post the other side of that argument, knock yourself out

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Grats Devils fans, hell of a series, good gut check and nice time to discover your 3rd string goalie is a loving beast

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

mcmagic posted:

I don't think this was strategic, just opportunistic

when you get a chance to pointlessly hurt someone, you take it, evidently

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

This thread is like 73% of the way to arguing for bringing back goons.

It’s the playoffs and no one’s gonna pull up on a fully legal hit like that. If you’re really that upset about it then you should be arguing for a rule change. USA Hockey seems to have figured it out.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

i personally think that using sexual assault analogies to discuss legal plays between millionaires consensually playing a sport for a lot of money kinda sucks, but if you want to Playoff Post the other side of that argument, knock yourself out

You invited it by blaming the victim, my dude. And then tried to claim the moral high ground over it in bad faith like a huge piece of poo poo lmao

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

I think Eriksson Ek was allowed to start with a broken leg, too. absolutely wild

lmao, that's right, and only played 19 seconds or something? Man, NHL team doctors are like Dr. Spacemen from 30 Rock

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

i really thought we were gonna get through the series without any trouba bullshit lol. guess i'm dumb.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Haula has been insane since the start of March, everything is going in for him

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jen X posted:

I don't think this was strategic, just opportunistic

when you get a chance to pointlessly hurt someone, you take it, evidently

when you're a net negative on the ice for every other facet of the game you've gotta do something to make the coach notice you

(is the mentality of a fringer AHLer and not the captain of an NHL team but hey, that's why he's in the sad place now)

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

just a millionaire being consensually concussed by another millionaire, very consensual, trust me

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

hockey is a physical game. there are like two areas that haven't been legislated out: head down when you should have your head up, and ducking/flinching like Girard did last year on the Barbashev hit. taking it further would yield a different, less physical, less entertaining game. part of the skill is guys being smart enough to avoid getting hosed up when they should be able to avoid it. the counterplay is: don't stickhandle like a 10-year-old lol

The NFL is a physical game where the point is to literally smash through guys and you're not allowed to hit someone in the head. You can get rid of it and no-one will care that its gone. It won't change the game or make it less exciting unless excitement is literally concussing people to you

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

having several million dollars makes you immune to the effects of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

having several million dollars makes you immune to the effects of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy.

Plus you consented to being knocked the gently caress out when you accepted that money DONCHAKNOW

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Tenkaris posted:

You invited it by blaming the victim, my dude. And then tried to claim the moral high ground over it in bad faith like a huge piece of poo poo lmao

to pull out an SAS classic: have you ever played hockey? more importantly, did you ever learn any of the physical side of the game taught by a licensed coach. not trying to bait; genuinely curious

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Aw shucks looks like Jimmy got himself a case of the hot brains somehow

Wish we knew how it happened

Oh well

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A licensed coach should teach Trouba how to play defense

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

A licensed coach should teach Trouba how to play defense

i'm hoping it can be Derek Lalonde in the summer of 2024

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

waffle enthusiast posted:

It’s the playoffs and no one’s gonna pull up on a fully legal hit like that.

You say that but not 2 minutes of game time later Kane was coming across the middle of the devils defensive zone with the puck and not one of the Devils tried to murder him.

You didn’t notice it because it happens all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

to pull out an SAS classic: have you ever played hockey? more importantly, did you ever learn any of the physical side of the game taught by a licensed coach. not trying to bait; genuinely curious

i played hockey, i got a ride to every practice and game by a guy named Coyote, who was a white dude that only listened to Rasta music and drove a 1960s jeep with no top and just accepted the weather whatever the weather was.

i also still think the rules should change to make that trouba hit illegal.