Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
That's a good goal much as I dislike the Bruins

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

That’s wild. Sat on top of the pad

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

aejix posted:

Is Jack Edwards ok? I loving HATE listening to that guy but can't find an away stream and he sounds completely zonked out

I feel like he had a stroke, or he's got something he's not talking about publicly that has him on medication. It's super noticeable. He has always been a huge homer but he was also always well prepared to actually call the game, and this season he's just pausing a lot or stumbling over people's names when he never used to. I don't think he's old enough for it to be an old age thing either.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Looks like a good goal to me

Well, good as in legal, because :lol: Lyon what a stinker

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Looks like a good goal to me

Well, good as in legal, because :lol: Lyon what a stinker

That kinda seems like bad luck, nor sure I remember seeing anything quite like that

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That kinda seems like bad luck, nor sure I remember seeing anything quite like that

I imagine it’s tough to see when the puck is filtering through your equipment, but I imagine there’s a reason we don’t see pucks end up like that very often

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I feel like he had a stroke, or he's got something he's not talking about publicly that has him on medication. It's super noticeable. He has always been a huge homer but he was also always well prepared to actually call the game, and this season he's just pausing a lot or stumbling over people's names when he never used to. I don't think he's old enough for it to be an old age thing either.

Yeah when the colour guy chimes in talking at nearly double the speed it's really jarring. I don't like listening to him but hope it's nothing health related for his sake

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Both of these games have been pretty measured/controlled for round 1 game 1 playoff games. Would like to see some more snarl and wild desperation.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I don’t have the NESN feed but yeah the last year or so Edwards’s decline has been really noticeable. I always liked him for the campy homer factor but now it’s a chore to listen to because im constantly concerned about his health.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Both of these games have been pretty measured/controlled for round 1 game 1 playoff games. Would like to see some more snarl and wild desperation.

Need Tkachuk to throw a tantrum on the ice real bad

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao Carolina booing that penalty

Sorry folks that's a slash

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Here lies Islanders PP

They never scored

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Anytime those booming clappers from the Isles are not going to sail a foot wide.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

how many Bertuzzis play or have played in the NHL? wasn't one of them just a total piece of poo poo

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

actionjackson posted:

how many Bertuzzis play or have played in the NHL? wasn't one of them just a total piece of poo poo

Todd Bertuzzi drat near murdered on the ice, so he could definitely be a piece of poo poo

The current Bertuzzi in the league is an anti-vaxxer idiot

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

grack posted:

Todd Bertuzzi drat near murdered on the ice, so he could definitely be a piece of poo poo

The current Bertuzzi in the league is an anti-vaxxer idiot

I looked up the steve moore thing - was todd really not banned from the league for that? or does that never happen

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Stars just not quite clicking yet.

Cmon, now

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Lol Hathaway

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Definitely not a goal but it would've been nice to have a 4th. Bruins look ok considering no Bergeron and the fact that a bunch of the team is sick.

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
Having both Hathaway and Marchand on one team seems like a slightly cruel joke to play on the rest of the league. I think I heard somewhere that the Bruins equipment guys made sure Hathaway got the locker next to Marchand right after the trade, under the "well, they'll either kill each other or be good friends, so let's find out ASAP" idea.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Just realized they replaced the the playoff logo near the blue lines with more ads, sucks to see.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

Just realized they replaced the the playoff logo near the blue lines with more ads, sucks to see.

At this rate half the ice will be digital ads in five years

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Fuckin' :lol: the $10M Man is the backup.

Why would you change goalies for G2, Ray? Lyon has been fantastic.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Stars look bad in that period

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

actionjackson posted:

I looked up the steve moore thing - was todd really not banned from the league for that? or does that never happen

You have to do a lot to get banned from the NHL. Like, Raffi-Torres-try-and-kill-multiple-people a lot

Or, you know, cover up sexual abuse

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Timmy Age 6 posted:

Having both Hathaway and Marchand on one team seems like a slightly cruel joke to play on the rest of the league. I think I heard somewhere that the Bruins equipment guys made sure Hathaway got the locker next to Marchand right after the trade, under the "well, they'll either kill each other or be good friends, so let's find out ASAP" idea.

yeah and they also have Bertuzzi. They're gonna drive other teams up a wall.

https://twitter.com/SpokedZ/status/1648144152855453696

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
:siren: go wild :siren:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ref fuckage in the playoffs, starting early. Missing everything against Dallas, giving the softest poo poo to Minnesota.

Stars didn't play well, but it's always great that they have zero advantage at home with this league's officials.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Hopefully that's close to the worst period the Stars will play in this series. I don't think they were capable of doing much worse.

Stars just have these games where they can't complete anything longer than a 10 foot pass. Hopefully Jake can steal them one tonight.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
That sure looks like some lmao goaltender interference by the Oilers.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

rex rabidorum vires posted:

That sure looks like some lmao goaltender interference by the Oilers.

He barely tapped him.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

oiler jerseys are really good

kings no color, boring

based on that, go oilers

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

That was a terrible period.

I have to wonder what the Stars did to get the refs to hate them so much at home?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"Gavrikov, who has been a GREAT pickup for the Kings."

Remember when it was "Nah, lol, he sucks"? Pepperidge Farms remembers...

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

actionjackson posted:

oiler jerseys are really good

kings no color, boring

based on that, go oilers

I want the Kings to bring back their purple and gold uniforms, those were neat. Even the purple black and silver ones were a little better than what they do now.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Goilers

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

whoa nice goal

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

A Donnybrook!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm