Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you stop posting about DnD like a grudge crazy nerd?
This poll is closed.
Yes. But I also always select the second options in a poll (illiterate). 7 14.89%
No, and I'm worse than a worm. 24 51.06%
DO NOT PICK ME IF YOU LOVE CSPAM 16 34.04%
Total: 47 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

McCracAttack posted:

Jeff really is just lettin it rip in there, huh?

he's sleeping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Since Friday?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

McCracAttack posted:

Since Friday?

admins are very sleepy :twisted:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

McCracAttack posted:

Since Friday?

yeah

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i think the funnies are over now though. there surely can't be any more lols to wring

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

i think i entirely missed whatever this is, so if you got banned know that im sorry and i will miss your posting (unless it was for a good reason)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mr. Sharps posted:

i think i entirely missed whatever this is, so if you got banned know that im sorry and i will miss your posting (unless it was for a good reason)

interesting.... so you support the people who were banned...

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

interesting....

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

500 good dogs posted:

interesting.... so you support the people who were banned...

am i gonna regret lookign in the lepers colony :(

edit: lmfao what the gently caress happened

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mr. Sharps posted:

am i gonna regret lookign in the lepers colony :(

tell me... do you like dogs? what about strip clubs? what about doxxing? or excel spreadsheets?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Dogs are just shittier wolves, except for huskies (basically wolves) and golden retrievers (legally classed as cows)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
is there a good summary post of all the poo poo. i feel like there's gotta be one in sad somewhere. i feel like it's going to need to be linked to people more than a few times

tokin opposition posted:

Dogs are just shittier wolves, except for huskies (basically wolves) and golden retrievers (legally classed as cows)

correct i guess. i like that dogs are now big-headed baby type animals that love humans too much but that's subjective

Cuttlefush has issued a correction as of 05:46 on Apr 18, 2023

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

is there a good summary post of all the poo poo. i feel like there's gotta be one in sad somewhere. i feel like it's going to need to be linked to people more than a few times

Xaris posted:

it's largely stupid pointless drama. but it's also very funny.

the timeline of events:
- friday morning CBO posts in SAD saying to ban brown moses for doxxing + being an cia dweeb
- friday afternoon, lots of people getting mad and Fritz eventually bans BM for self-promoting his bellingcat tweets
- friday night - sat morning: lots of people mad about cspam melting down incoherently over 'crews'. CZS posts a forum enemy list but later clarified was not an enemy list but an evil crew list but also forum enemies were on the list. some rando gbs war psychos get banned
- saturday evening: one of the worst gbs war psycho red-mist addicts PMs Fritz that he's going to doxx Lady Radia and he says "no that's a bad idea" and gives him a 6er
- later saturday night: the 6-er is over and the gbs war psycho doxxes Lady Radia in public. he gets permbanned and lady radia autobans because doxxed
- sunday: at some point CZS reveals Lib and Let Die's parachute (who left after getting doxxed) and he autobans. Fritz edits the autoban message without telling anyone leading to a confusion
- sunday night/today: CZS gets de-modded, then posts a meltdown in yospos and autobans. Fritz got de-admined for editting the message without telling anyone, then he autobans. also some other people get banned

bonus but unrelated: IC autobanned after getting chain-sixered for being creepy. then permbanned after autobanning just for good measure.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
reading the manifesto (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3147436) and also iron crowned's history of being the worst (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029909) is a must. hard to believe but he posted much worse 10 years ago. much much worse. shoulda been taken out back in 2015.

Cuttlefush has issued a correction as of 05:54 on Apr 18, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
The confusion surrounding the enemy list and the subsequent meltdown by CZS also highlights the need for clear communication and transparency in online communities. Autobans and de-modding without adequate explanation can lead to further confusion and exacerbate tensions.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol chatgpt understands the concept of modding an internet forum better than the mods

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
my summary sucks rear end because I didn't really follow it closely and was trying to keep it as brief as possible, someone else should probably do a better one.

i'll be honest I'm still not 100% clear why Fritz got de-admined. like editting an autoban message without telling anyone isn't great, but probably worth a 'tut tut don't do that again kay?'. i guess there was a lot more i missed.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Xaris posted:

my summary sucks rear end because I didn't really follow it closely and was trying to keep it as brief as possible, someone else should probably do a better one.

i'll be honest I'm still not 100% clear why Fritz got de-admined. like editting an autoban message without telling anyone isn't great, but probably worth a 'tut tut don't do that again kay?'. i guess there was a lot more i missed.

his inaction and refusal to read the PM's a psycho poster sent him after lady radia expressed extreme discomfort about the psycho poster led to that psycho poster posting lady radia's personal information in an attempt to disprove her when if he had read the pm's or passed them on to another admin this could have been stopped by them permabanning him

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol chatgpt understands the concept of modding an internet forum better than the mods

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont understand the lald drama i dont know the poster but they were apparently doxxed in the past, made a new account, and cinci zoo sniper outed them causing them to autoban with a post blaming cinci zoo sniper. fritz the horse edited this post without anyone's knowledge to protect cinci zoo sniper because admins can edit posts without anyone knowing unlike mods or iks which leaves a message saying someone hosed around with the post

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

his inaction and refusal to read the PM's a psycho poster sent him after lady radia expressed extreme discomfort about the psycho poster led to that psycho poster posting lady radia's personal information in an attempt to disprove her when if he had read the pm's or passed them on to another admin this could have been stopped by them permabanning him
okay yeah. but i also don't blame him for not reading some late night PM by a psycho in detail, plus being very new at it. i wouldn't put him in even the top 25 worst goon admins

anyways, all this could have been avoided if jeff just listened to my suggestion last year to permban everyone who complained about 'tankies.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
freeasinbeer doxxed me off?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i don't actually blame Fritz for not clicking some link in a deranged posters PM, but he picked the wrong time not to do it. sometimes you just gently caress up big time and you gotta pay for it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
im with mellow seas when i see ppl get doxxed so easily. I don't blame them for it happening since obv the psycho is doin the heavy lifting, but also it's SA and your 40 years old. folks, whats goin on....

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
seasonal affective disorder is for losers I'm sad literally all the time get on my freaking level

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

:tipshat:

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Xaris posted:

okay yeah. but i also don't blame him for not reading some late night PM by a psycho in detail, plus being very new at it. i wouldn't put him in even the top 25 worst goon admins

anyways, all this could have been avoided if jeff just listened to my suggestion last year to permban everyone who complained about 'tankies.

There's more to it but I need to ask the affected person first

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
i made my SAD post I hope Koos changes his mind on the transsexual question as a result of my calm and reasoned debate

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Stop making us look bad in SAD!!!!

speng31b posted:

shut the gently caress up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
nice dude

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Smythe posted:

nice dude

dudette tyvm

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

oops, missed the quote button it appears. meant to do this:

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

im going to brigade my posting enemies........ toxicly

nice dude

but ur posts are also nice, as well. cheers

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Oh hey, I don't want to talk about it directly in the SAD thread, but I'm like 95% certain Koos is doing a long con monkey's paw with D&D. I think he came in with a mandate to stop the constant barrage of reports and slapfights coming from D&D and decided the best way was to turn the screws until the people who weren't prepared to wage a passive aggressive posting war and hammer the report button at every opposing viewpoint left of their own accord. The result may be a thoroughly hostile place to both debate and discussion, but it contains the most tedious garbage posters while being a big warning sign to everyone else. In that vein I really do think CZS and Fritz were perfect mods for D&D

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Smythe posted:

oops, missed the quote button it appears. meant to do this:

nice dude

but ur posts are also nice, as well. cheers

oh gotcha, thanks :)

Nix Panicus posted:

Oh hey, I don't want to talk about it directly in the SAD thread, but I'm like 95% certain Koos is doing a long con monkey's paw with D&D. I think he came in with a mandate to stop the constant barrage of reports and slapfights coming from D&D and decided the best way was to turn the screws until the people who weren't prepared to wage a passive aggressive posting war and hammer the report button at every opposing viewpoint left of their own accord. The result may be a thoroughly hostile place to both debate and discussion, but it contains the most tedious garbage posters while being a big warning sign to everyone else. In that vein I really do think CZS and Fritz were perfect mods for D&D

I don't think he's earned the benefit of the doubt on this stuff tbh

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Nix Panicus posted:

Eh if he has its not been communicated anywhere in the mod forums

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Based on my talks with koos I think he's just like that or doing a bit forever and ever

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hes old

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Based on my talks with koos I think he's just like that or doing a bit forever and ever

I think its just Kaufman-esque dedication to the bit. But hey maybe I'm wrong, the net result is still the same. I don't see posters I like vanish for a week at a time anymore because they ran afoul of some tedious rules lawyer in D&D. Under the Koos regime they wisely stopped shouting at walls and moved on.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

makes a lot more sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
i heard he was young. but yeah nevermind that athletics thread was not much of a honeypot. i dont know what i expected lol

Cuttlefush has issued a correction as of 08:08 on Apr 18, 2023