Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I heard WASP was “we are sex perverts”

Lol WASP. That one dude wore circular saw blades on his arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Ralph Hurley posted:

Lol WASP. That one dude wore circular saw blades on his arms.

I thought the sawblade was a codpiece

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ralph Hurley posted:

That one’s true though. Protestants are so sexually uptight publicly that they’re absolute deviants privately

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:lmao: it was both

Blackie Lawless, sawing boards with his sack

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

We Are Sawing Planks

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

theres NOTHING under that loving truck

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cumpantry posted:

You just never found the super secret HM that lets you move it.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
High school art teacher tried to convince me that AC/DC stood for 'After Christ, Devil Comes'. I argued with her that if that was true, then they would actually be championing Christ, saying that Christ comes first. That threw her off and she stopped harping about it.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

cumpantry posted:

The irony being there IS a way to get a Mew in those first games.

You just have to expertly exploit the code via a series of steps that virtually no one could have figured out on their own by just playing the game and requires razor thin timing.

(If you don't know, IIRC if you do a very specific set of things, the kind of stuff that most people would need programs to frame advance to get the timing right, you can make the game code spazz out in such a specific way that it will put you in an encounter with a wild, catchable Level 9 Mew)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

cumpantry posted:

There’s a scared guy in a wheelchair

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The Challenger space shuttle was blown up on purpose because it was flying off course into a residential neighborhood

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
You can totally play as Luigi

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Random sixth-grader to me, a third-grader who just wandered into the bathroom: "Hey, y'know why guys have sex with girls? ... Because it makes them bleed." :twisted:

ElectricWatermelon
Jan 8, 2020

EorayMel posted:

One time I was told the story of REDMOON LEGBONE(or it was REDBONE LEGBONE) who was an evil indestructible skeleton who would chase you and kill you by ripping your legs off if you went to a cemetery at midnight when I was a dumb stupid idiot child and I was very scared for a long time

My mom would tell me a similar story about a "man with a golden arm" that lived up somewhere in a cave in the Appalachian Mountains that would kidnap people at night or something. I hated hearing that story when I was a kid and it became more of an annoyance as I got older.

Also, that is an absolute amazing skeleton name.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Redbone?? But aren't all skeletons light skinned?

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

ElectricWatermelon posted:

My mom would tell me a similar story about a "man with a golden arm" that lived up somewhere in a cave in the Appalachian Mountains that would kidnap people at night or something. I hated hearing that story when I was a kid and it became more of an annoyance as I got older.

Also, that is an absolute amazing skeleton name.

Someone needs to change their forums name to REDMOON LEGBONE, or REDBONE LEGMOON, or REDBONE LEGBONE or REDLEG MOONBONE

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cornwind Evil posted:

The irony being there IS a way to get a Mew in those first games.

You just have to expertly exploit the code via a series of steps that virtually no one could have figured out on their own by just playing the game and requires razor thin timing.

(If you don't know, IIRC if you do a very specific set of things, the kind of stuff that most people would need programs to frame advance to get the timing right, you can make the game code spazz out in such a specific way that it will put you in an encounter with a wild, catchable Level 9 Mew)

Ive been burned before....

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Cornwind Evil posted:

It actually isnt difficult to do, after reading about it I tried it on my 3ds and got it my first try and i don't know anything about frame advancing or whatever the gently caress. I named him Frasier i think and never ended up beating the game

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Mew will come out from the truck if you press a 53 times in 30 seconds.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ive been burned before....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QGILo0SZyI

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's totally possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2x3pIvVnP4&t=20s

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
My parents refused to lie to me and I’m all hosed up now, I can’t even give lip service to the concept of god without sneering in disgust. THANKS MOM & DAD, I’M SO MUCH HAPPIER KNOWING THE TRUTH THAT THERE AIN’T NO GOD, IT’S WONDERFUL AND JOYOUS. NO, I’M NOT CRYING.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Redbone?? But aren't all skeletons light skinned?

Not REDBONE LEGBONE he's a magic skeleton

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I was told "Dating is tough. Don't worry, there's someone out there for you."

Complete bullshit.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Meeting people is easy, just go out and talk to people.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Someone needs to change their forums name to REDMOON LEGBONE, or REDBONE LEGMOON, or REDBONE LEGBONE or REDLEG MOONBONE

I got BONEBONE :(

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

primary school teacher ran into the classroom balling her eyes out because she just discovered about the shroud of Turin or something. actually in retrospect it might have just been a bad day for her.

I think the "Shroud of Turin" stuff might have been code for her period leaking onto her white pants or dress, so she'd had to rush home that day to change.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

EorayMel posted:

One time I was told the story of REDMOON LEGBONE(or it was REDBONE LEGBONE) who was an evil indestructible skeleton who would chase you and kill you by ripping your legs off if you went to a cemetery at midnight when I was a dumb stupid idiot child and I was very scared for a long time

I've seen cartoons about him, and yes he is truly fearsome. :shudder:
https://youtu.be/11AIVdSsP_A

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

“Of course I know how to please a woman!”

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
It's going to a good cause

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
Our parents didn't want us playing in the draw/gully/whateveryoucallit, but since they didn't say why, my older brother decided to tell me that it was because the dinosaurs came out at 6pm and would eat us. (I was old enough to know that probably wasn't right, but also that it meant he wasn't going to tell me the real reason.)

Pretty much anything my dad told us, but his best was probably that wearing clothing that touches our crotch, such as underwear and pants, concentrates our attention on our "pubbic" area, and therefore we should only wear skirts and underskirts like he does. (Yes, he refused to pronounce it "pubic.")

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

My parents’ business had a chain link fence along one side of the property next to a ditch overgrown with weeds and a lot of trash would accumulate there due to it being on a busy street. When I was maybe 10 my dad told me sometimes when he picked the trash out of the ditch he found money that had blown there from the big truck stop across the street because sometimes people dropped money while they were fueling up. He handed me a garbage bag and told me if I started picking up trash I would probably find cash. I spent several hours digging through the weeds and sure enough there were a few crumpled up ones and fives. My dad was happy with the work I had done and also surprised that I fell for it.

sundaymorning
Sep 1, 2019

"Im probably the most loyal person you will ever meet, the idea of cheating doesn't even cross my mind"
tbf I should have seen that was bullshit immediately.

Also the amount of absolute bullshit we were told in school simply because they wanted to enforce authority over us is ridiculous - its hard to pick out just one instance. I remember they would severely punish anyone who dyed their hair because "when you go to work they wont let you dye your hair, you would get fired or not hired in the first place, we are just preparing you for that", absolute ludicrous bullshit. They used the same reasoning for why you couldn't have certain (even fairly tame) piercings.

sundaymorning fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 21, 2023

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Ralph Hurley posted:

My parents’ business had a chain link fence along one side of the property next to a ditch overgrown with weeds and a lot of trash would accumulate there due to it being on a busy street. When I was maybe 10 my dad told me sometimes when he picked the trash out of the ditch he found money that had blown there from the big truck stop across the street because sometimes people dropped money while they were fueling up. He handed me a garbage bag and told me if I started picking up trash I would probably find cash. I spent several hours digging through the weeds and sure enough there were a few crumpled up ones and fives. My dad was happy with the work I had done and also surprised that I fell for it.

Your dad probably planted those ones and fives, which if I'm correct, gives your dad some cool points.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Ralph Hurley posted:

Crafty dad lol

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

sundaymorning posted:

Also the amount of absolute bullshit we were told in school simply because they wanted to enforce authority over us is ridiculous - its hard to pick out just one instance. I remember they would severely punish anyone who died their hair because "when you go to work they wont let you dye your hair, you would get fired or not hired in the first place, we are just preparing you for that", absolute ludicrous bullshit. They used the same reasoning for why you couldn't have certain (even fairly tame) piercings.

If you don't change your attitude, I'm going to make sure this negative behavior goes down in your permanent record.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Your dad probably planted those ones and fives, which if I'm correct, gives your dad some cool points.

He definitely did and admitted it when I was done. He played it perfectly, saying there was no guarantee I would find more than like a buck, maybe I wouldn’t find anything. But I found a fiver! Then another dollar! And another! A trail of small bills all along the fence. I probably made :10bux: that day.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I graduated high school in 2006 which was probably right around the apex of boomer college advice that amounted to "Just follow your dreams, and you'll definitely be able to afford, like, a 3 bedroom house, a timeshare in Vail, and an RV, bare minimum."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Ralph Hurley posted:

He definitely did and admitted it when I was done. He played it perfectly, saying there was no guarantee I would find more than like a buck, maybe I wouldn’t find anything. But I found a fiver! Then another dollar! And another! A trail of small bills all along the fence. I probably made :10bux: that day.

That story belongs in the blessed thread.