Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

MEIN RAVEN posted:

“Of course I know how to please a woman!”

Due to the post above yours I read this in foghorn leghorns voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
When I was a freshman in high school I was kicking a football around in my backyard one Saturday evening. It went over the fence into the milo field that my neighbor owns. I jump over the fence but somehow I gently caress up and end up falling over. My left hand caught my fall and I kind of rolled out of it, got up, and started to brush myself off when I felt an abnormal sting in my left hand. I looked down at it, palm facing up, and it kind of just looked like a cockle berry was stuck to the meaty part of my thumb. I tilted my hand over slightly, preparing to remove said cockle berry, when I noticed that something was protruding out of my hand underneath my thumb. When I fell my hand went straight down onto a milo stalk and went through the meaty part of my thumb and came out the other side, but just barely not breaking through the skin.
When my parents took me to the minor emergency the scrub rear end motherfuckers there tried pulling it out from the back of my hand by slicing open the skin that didn't break. They pulled out part of it, but the part that was in the front of my hand was still there. So they dug that out. This is around an hour after they shot anesthetic around my hand. The guy that pulled the pieces out then douses my hand with Chlorhexidine I guess, then starts putting stitches in where they cut the skin open.
I'm just a dumb hillbilly rube but I ask him, "Hey uh, won't that just seal in all the dirt and stuff that's still in my hand?" and he says, "No way you dumb kid, all of that will drain out of the entry wound. I'm a doctor!" I look at the entry wound and it's basically and tiny little O shaped mark that was basically closing up already and said "Ok then"

Infection immediately set in and by Tuesday I was in the hospital where I would stay for 3 days.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
*me, leaning over* : must be a legacy admission

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
"....I love you" :qq: :qq: :qq:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Sincerely loling at the amount of earnest grievances itt

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Judd Clark jumped the Cook Strait on his motorbike

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Futanari Damacy posted:

Same. It's weird that normal things that happen a lot to a lot of people are being placed under "absolute bullshit". I mean they weren't true but it's kind of a weird title for them.

Like if someone told me that they could make a whale jump out of its own tail I'd call absolute bullshit, but "my relationship didn't work out" is, like, most relationships.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"A bumblebee won't sting you."

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
My mother and her friends used to occasionally squirt me with little squirt-guns they hid. They'd just do it occasionally, and they told me it was "spitting moths." They did this for years. My entire childhood. I was always like, agh you spitting moths!

Years and years later, I'm hanging out with my girlfriend, sharing stories or whatever, and I start talking about how rampant the spitting moths were in my hometown. But I get about as far as "spitting..." when it suddenly occurs to me it was all a lie! There is no such thing as a spitting moth!!!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Wanking off all the guys in the sauna is a sure cure for hiccups

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

credburn posted:

My mother and her friends used to occasionally squirt me with little squirt-guns they hid. They'd just do it occasionally, and they told me it was "spitting moths." They did this for years. My entire childhood. I was always like, agh you spitting moths!

Years and years later, I'm hanging out with my girlfriend, sharing stories or whatever, and I start talking about how rampant the spitting moths were in my hometown. But I get about as far as "spitting..." when it suddenly occurs to me it was all a lie! There is no such thing as a spitting moth!!!

Lmao thank you for sharing this

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Icochet posted:

Wanking off all the guys in the sauna is a sure cure for hiccups

Yeah actually it's putting a finger up the rear end and giving it a bit of a root-around.

e: Seriouspost, by the by. Scientifically proven method.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Futanari Damacy posted:

Being told that every post in GBS is serious and should be taken at face value

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jemkin gets you high

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
'Things'll get better I promise'

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

My mom used to tell me that our family are descendants of an American Revolution war hero that had a city in Massachusetts named after him.

Winds up the guy fight in King Philip's War (about 100 years before the revolution) and was a genocidal shithead who massacred a native village. The town part is true though, as it's where he got his rear end killed in a counterattack.

gently caress that guy.

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
I remember a long-rear end time ago there was a thread here where they said something like if you piss and jizz into a pot and boil it then use it as cologne it's a natural aphrodisiac. I always wondered if anyone actually fell for that thread and how many people were splashing their face with piss and cum.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Barefoot running is actually a really good idea and will not result in shin splints and broken tibias.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
When I was in preschool my dad took my brother and I out one night to watch a meteor shower. When we got back home, he found a rock, poured gas around it in the grass, and lit it. When it was just a smoldering circle he came and told us a meteor had crashed in our yard. I took the rock to show and tell, and we put it in the safe with the important stuff. It wasn't until I was my late teens when I brought it up at a holiday dinner that I found out he had faked it. He thought I knew by then, but I did not and I had been telling that story like it was true to anyone.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

SAY YOHO posted:

When I was in preschool my dad took my brother and I out one night to watch a meteor shower. When we got back home, he found a rock, poured gas around it in the grass, and lit it. When it was just a smoldering circle he came and told us a meteor had crashed in our yard. I took the rock to show and tell, and we put it in the safe with the important stuff. It wasn't until I was my late teens when I brought it up at a holiday dinner that I found out he had faked it. He thought I knew by then, but I did not and I had been telling that story like it was true to anyone.

Love the effort dads put in to loving with their child’s mind :D

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

the many, many lies we were told about sex as adolescent teenagers in America

This is actually how I got my current av

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

credburn posted:

SAY YOHO posted:

lmao yes... YES!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I was told, in grade 6, that my performance there would go on my permanent record and employers would look at it when I was older. 'You don't want to have to work a blue collar job like being a welder do you?"

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Friend of mine told me one last night. A new guy started working with him at this place where they ship out all sorts of chemicals and poo poo. The new guy is about 62 years old. He claims that he used to be with Delta Force. Says he can be called up at any moment from the government until he's 75. They (the government) also have all of his customized weapons locked in storage for him if he ever needs to come back.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
My uncle works at Nintendo

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Treecko posted:

When I was a child, I genuinely heard that one a few times.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Tarkus posted:

When I was a child, I genuinely heard that one a few times.

my elementary school had two of these kids and I was friends with both of them

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Treecko posted:

Super Nintendo Chalmers?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

My school would hand out detentions at lunch to people who didn’t properly separate trash and recycling. At the end of the days all the bins went into the same dumpster!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I had a friend I went to grad school with who was very charismatic and a great story teller, which meant he embellished or lied but most people didn't mind..

We went to a conference one summer and both nights he came back to the hotel room a drunken maniac. Just throwing stuff around and yelling slurs. I got him to smoke some weed and he calmed down. He had some summer sausage that we snacked on before he passed out the first night.

So after that when he told the story of his drunken exploits for that evening he ended the story with the sausage, saying he was smoking with a toothless drunk homeless guy who was gnawing on the sausage and slobbering all over it, then I had it. But I remember needing a knife to open it and it was just me and him in a hotel. We actually got in an argument about this at the bar the weekend after the trip but he was adamant and others seemed to believe him.

On the other hand he told people he saw my dick during that trip and that it was huge.

sundaymorning
Sep 1, 2019

Tarkus posted:

'You don't want to have to work a blue collar job like being a welder do you?"

what did they think was wrong with being a welder....

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

sundaymorning posted:

dishonourable profession

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

sundaymorning posted:

Yeah that’s dumb. Good welders can make decent money and can get a job almost anywhere

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

What the gently caress kind of loser kid doesn’t think welding is incredibly cool?

Hell, what the gently caress kind of loser adult doesn’t think welding is incredibly cool?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

AnoHito posted:

What the gently caress kind of loser kid doesn’t think welding is incredibly cool?

Hell, what the gently caress kind of loser adult doesn’t think welding is incredibly cool?

Welding is just OK

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
If you gave me the option to hit a button and become a welder instead of science person I'd mush it in a heartbeat.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Treecko posted:

My UNCLE told me he worked at Nintendo!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Outrail posted:

If you gave me the option to hit a button and become a welder instead of science person I'd mush it in a heartbeat.

honestly, posting from my work pc right now, and same

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I had one of those compulsive liars in basic training. He told us a story that he was a super deep special forces operator who only moved via direct orders from the president. He claimed he landed the space shuttle instrument only at night on an aircraft carrier. It was a lie so large and outrageous I was personally insulted to be told it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
being a welder is what computer touchers think forklift operators are like