Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris

#onecallcat

bats are pretty cool. what bats live near you?

i am in pennsylvania. this is my go-to bat:

the little brown bat is a very cute and commonplace guy. i've rescued so many of these over the years. they liked to swoop down my chimney and invade my house from time to time. in the short 9 months that my spouse and i were living in my childhood home, we had three bat visitors. three!!

their population is at risk because of a communicable fungus resulting in White Nose Syndrome. populations have gotten stronger in recent years, but these little dudes still need help. i am going to put up a bat house in my back yard this summer even though i don't think we'll get any residents. i guess we'll find out!!

here is another good pennsylvania bat:

this is the BIG brown bat. i guess they're bigger than the little brown bat. i honestly can't tell them apart and have no idea if i've had any encounters with them.

the eastern red bat is another one i've never seen in person, but i think they're super cool. look at their little noses! look at those fierce little fangs! bats are cool.

post more bats???

norris, custodian of cat named
Attorney-in-fact of Norris, Cat Named Thereof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris

#onecallcat

we have very excellent flying foxes hanging out at the local aviary!! they are the malayan variety.

my cat is norris

#onecallcat

those whisper bats do indeed have enormous ears!! I bet they would make excellent spies.

I love them!

my cat is norris

#onecallcat

what about their tails makes them free, i wonder?

this one seems to be Very Disappointed in me.