Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Speaking of scam ideas, I was in a business class 15 years ago that was taught by a professional reflexologist. Obviously reflexology is bunk so on a lark I took the handle from one of those electric fly swatters and put a loop of copper tubing sticking out almost like a heating coil. I put an led and a buzzer that would turn on and the buzzer wo go on when the capacitance changed (similar to those touch lamps). So when she got near/touched the body of a person while it was active it would beep.

I gave it to her and told her that in my estimation it should align the magnetic fields in their feet and I'd like her to try it out. About a week and a half later she came back and told me it worked great and the customers were happy. A few weeks after that she wanted me to make 20 more of them to sell for 300+ bucks a pop to her customers. At the time I thought it'd be wrong of me to make them since it was a scam... thinking about it now I could've been rich hawking snake oil devices. I didn't make the devices but I also didn't tell her it was a trick. I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU