Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.
I feel like if we could embed a family guy video playing in the thread at all times, we'd be going places.

The first time that came up (I think about Avatar 2), it fuckin killed me THEN it became like a common callback for any artistic media of length and now I can't even look at a book without thinking "Gonna be long as hell, might as well stream an episode of Family Guy under it" and crack up all over again.

So, I'm saying it's the kinda funny that grows with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.
2 episodes on the patreon today, gotta assume something good is gonna happen there.

Wanted to toss out that Ben livestreams on the lemonparty clips channels pretty frequently. There's some additional good stuff in there, and you 100% will learn a bunch about hummingbirds.

Edit - I wasn't expecting it to be a poignant discussion about social politics, show continues to deliver.

Standingstoic fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 28, 2023

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007

Gone Fashing posted:

i like the ep where they're ragging on remakes and covers and they talk about how someone really needs to cover hurt by Johnny cash

I swear, I couldn't tell if this was an excellent throwaway joke no one got, or if it ran sincere because no one even reacted.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007

I had a little chat with Ben recently about getting him a bee suit after it came up on the show a couple times. He had some questions about keeping bees around birds and was very polite and grateful.

I really want to see them all in bee suits, not entirely sure why.

I love that twitter/twitch makes people so accessible. It's very cool to be able to just like, say hey I appreciate all the work you do and have it go straight to a person.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

lol this dude got owned on the stream

https://i.imgur.com/mNSWJ9w.gifv

Ahahaha, I remember listening to this the other day and thinking "why the hell is that name so familiar?"

Been going back through "brainjail" on youtube a lil' bit, some older Ben and Jace content there. It seems like they split from the show at some point (which becomes evident in a later ep), but the ones filmed in "360VR" all appear to be Avery boys eps.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007

Cael posted:

I haven't been brave enough but I have to know, has anyone actually gone and watched skibidi toilet and nuked your last remaining brain cells? I see the post above but I don't see you guys saying you actually clicked and watch it vs just reading about it

I have a young child and I want you to know it is every bit as bad as they describe it to be. I legit lit up when they started the ep that way, because I was like "oh, no need for yourube to reference anything here, I'm already deeply, deeply disturbed by this."

Like, you know how when you're younger and you don't get why your parents don't understand something in the media? This was my moment to cross to the other side. It's like absurdist, but so stupid that it couldn't be intentional?

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the fact that each "episode" is only 10 seconds long was enough for me to stop recycling or considering an EV car

This obviously Inflates the streaming numbers a ton, but it still is like effectively Garry's mod footage of heads coming out of toilets staging stories. It's pretty fuckin low-tech and simple to be so popular.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
I, for one, am honored to post alongside the gatekeeper of the slurs.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007

Odddzy posted:

God i'd rather forget.

Why? Because my father was the teacher and explained in complete detail to the students what "it" was that needed to be sucked and that no "sucking it" is to take place at school.

Edit: it was the first time I learned that it could be sucked, I would've rather learn that from a lady.

From over in the TAFS thread about high school marching band choreography that heavily featured the "suck it" gesture.

Universal experience, collective unconscious.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

im upset to find out that they dont do thumbnail photoshoots, each one just sends shots to ben

Just take this down, no one needs to know this.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

devan’s hate watch podcast is pretty good

I really like hate watch just for the through line of the guy attempting to sue his landlord and his increasingly detached lifestyle that now sees him living in a rented office space. I appreciate a good principled stance against the absurdity of life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007

i say swears online posted:

what's the name of the church that jace mentioned? sounds like "old hawaiian church of christ"

also oh no they grew up church of christ, those guys were the worst

timestamp'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5tMRbuuw2I&t=3830s

Oldham Lane.

Don't ruin the boy's church, though.