Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Your videos have been set to Private.

All this mystery, and the thing that stuck out to me the most is how they're doing laundry when they're stuck in a school. Do Japanese schools have laundry facilities? Or maybe they have school dorms on hand too? Or they washing their clothes the old fashioned way?

LJN92 fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 25, 2023

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Regallion posted:

Private videos strike again!

Really? Cause I was able to see them just fine.

Anyway, I would have paid money to see the reaction to Rena's first time spawning a battle hula-hoop. Although being a JRPG I guess there's a strong chance they would have treated it no stranger than the others.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Ao's a university student, and yet her outfit looks more like a high school uniform. As far as I'm aware, Japanese universities don't have uniforms, and the closest thing I can find is they sometimes dress in business wear, which looks nothing like Ao's outfit.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

So ReSource says not to go near things connected to "another world", even though everyone here is from another world. Unless...?

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Odd Wilson posted:

(*And she emerges in an entirely new outfit of sliced open black leather, many straps, belts, and zippers. The only remaining detail of her old look being the red plaid of her skirt, crossed halfway into her top and new skirt.*)

What is this, a Final Fantasy game?

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Odd Wilson posted:

I've also made a character popularity poll as well. This one won't have any effect on what I do in the LP, but all the ones following it will. Consider this a test run for what's to come, I guess?

You can find it -> HERE <-.

You can also vote in the thread, that's fine too. I'll tally those separately, so you don't have to go vote on the form if you do.

Ao is missing from this poll. Intentionally, as you mean to use this to have us choose who she gays out for later...?

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Man, having people go through your memories with you would be the most awkward experience in the world.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Odd Wilson posted:

(*The girls find themselves in a small two-story house made of rustic, overgrown wood. Frosted crosshatched windows diffuse the light that shines upon the various old decorations and the vines hanging down. A couch, torn chairs, a table of cardboard boxes, an old bookshelf, a chunky CRT televison, magazines... even a slightly rusty bike.

KOKORO: (sadly) The real secret base was destroyed. This one is just an idealized version from my memory.

Man, how old are you, Kokoro, idealizing a CRT television?

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Huh, I definitely can't say I was expecting that the girls would be from alternate universes where they were fighting beasts and stuff.

That would seem to suggest that when everyone goes back to where they came from, everyone's going to be splitting up forever. Assuming they ever get to go back, that is...

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Solve personal trauma, pull people out of space and time to live in a magic school dimension.

What could go wrong?

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

"I'm sorry I was dragged into a weird magic dimension against my will and cannot remember you, here's a gift to make up for it."

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

So I'm guessing Shiho pulls a magical girl, we learn some embarrassing secret, and then Shiho pulls someone out of space and time.

But we'll see, maybe I'll be surprised.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Odd Wilson posted:

The story will start stepping up soon, I promise you. It's a slow burn, but it it has some very good payoffs.

Hm? I'm not criticizing the plot for being slow or anything, I'm just guessing at the core gameplay loop. It seems like a logical assumption right now that you go into the Heartscape to explore people's trauma, then somehow a new person joins.

But like I said, maybe this time Shiho doesn't do the same thing.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Odd Wilson posted:

(*The Yogurt has a new crafting animation, where we find the girls staring down in anticipation at a beaker sparkling green...*)

Was a beaker all they had to make yogurt in?

Or is making yogurt some complex :science: poo poo?

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Of course they had to put the high schooler in a short skirt and have her do dramatic flips. This was an entirely necessary design choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

I wonder if each Heartscape will tie together, like how we discover Shiho's thing stems from helping Kokoro in hers? We'll see.