Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I'd last read these books in Primary school, many decades ago.

What's the background to Gurgi? I'm getting very Gollum vibes, and wasn't the best friend of Gilgamash sorta like that (though undoubtedly bigger and stronger for the propaganda value). Is there such a creature in Welsh lore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Should have shot arrows into their knees.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

MadDogMike posted:

Yeah, for a guy who was only introduced and existed for 8 or so chapters, his death was remarkably moving.

What I found weird is that he didn’t tell anyone a last message to his fiancée.

With him knowing what was coming, seems a bit rude of him.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
You receive 350 experience points.

Do you wish to (C)ontinue or (L)eave?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Hemp Knight posted:

I just think of Gurgi as a shorter, scruffier/shaggier haired version of Chewbacca.

Does that not describe Gilgamesh’s best buddy Enriqu(?)?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I’ve seen this movie. Disney made it a few years ago.

He’s the grandson of the evil emperor!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I dunno. Trying to slow down an army of undead by defending one wall and they just walk around it and then spending an hour in digging a grave does not seem an optimal military solution.

I’m not sure why the undead decided to go into the mountains either so perhaps both sides are a bit brain dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Genghis Cohen posted:

Nice to see that scumbag Dorath get his just desserts.

I dunno. For being a boss monster in several novels he died practically without a wimper or monologue.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Taren never even notices he’s gone.