Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

OP valiantly sacrificed themselves by jumping into the Crochan. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, by all means take your time, please. It's just good to hear that you're okay and doing well :buddy:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

This was one of my favorite series when I was growing up and I was worried it wouldn’t hold up when going through it again as an adult. Happy I turned out to be wrong!

Book 3 is the weakest in the series IMO, but it certainly has its moments.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

I never saw the movie, but I remember having some kind of thin picture book version of it as a child, which had stills from the movie along with a very brief summary of the major scenes.

35 years or so later, this is still how I imagine Gurgi:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Coca Koala posted:

I'm sure I'll say this again when you finish the fifth book, but thanks for posting these, Wahad. These are such good books and I hadn't though of them for well over a decade until you started the thread.

:same:

It’s not often you can go back to something you read as a child and find out that not only does it still hold up 30+ years later, it’s even better than you remembered it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Hemp Knight posted:

I’m wondering who would have taken over Rhun’s kingdom. He was an only child IIRC, and obviously wasn’t married/have any kids. I’m guessing his mother would end up in charge until she dies, but after that..?

All hail king Glew! :colbert: