Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

I absolutely loved these as a kid and kept on reading and rereading them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

There’s a lot of - IMO good - moral instruction in these books. Don’t judge people as evil or good. Make promises carefully and don’t break them. Don’t be a controlling dickhead.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

“The raiders fought because they were starving; we, because we had scarcely more than they. And at the end all had less than when they began”

This is so good

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

It’s so, so good. The life lessons come thick and fast, Taran earns every inch of growth and development and without being cloying or patronising, it is never mean spirited or cynical either.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

Wahad posted:

Coll's pretty strategic for a grower of turnips.

Tactical Turnip Troops.

E: These chapters are so good, with the building up of Pryderi as the solution and his sudden reveal as a proud rear end in a top hat. All the while seeing Taran keep growing.