Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I think Terry Goodkind had more of a 'what if Gollum, but Gollum' character. God even to 13yo me those books were... unoriginal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Genghis Cohen posted:

While Terry Goodkind is (was?) indeed terrible, the real LotR rip-off is the Sword of Shannara, a very direct cut and paste job right down to a not-aragorn, a not-gandalf etc, and the two yokels (who are at least humans this time, not hobbits) get separated from their group and go off into the bad guy's lair alone, followed by this gnarly little poo poo who's obsessed with the titular sword, which is the one ring stand-in. Like it really is the LotR trilogy to a blatant degree. I think it was extremely commercially successful, I even read an article once that credited it with beginning the modern boom of fantasy publishing.

Oh poo poo you're right. I mean Terry Brooks (Shannara) not Goodkind!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Ellidyr posted:

It is a small debt. You value it more than I do.

Holy poo poo :iceburn:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I warned you about osiers bro

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Taran's father is actually...

emperor palpatine!!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Between the cartoon and too much Elden Ring I imagine Gurgi as a cuter combination of:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Noah? Is that you?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

What a Prydick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

silvergoose posted:

Honestly, other than the hairstyle, could be ancient Roman.

The little flick of hair is specifically how the first emperor Augustus appeared in all of his official portraits, it's like his trademark :hist101: