Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Here's an author bio of Lloyd Alexander from the first edition of Cricket Magazine in 1973. He was a major contributor to the early era of the magazine and was on its board of editors, so Prydain-related stuff crops up in the early volumes fairly frequently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Darthemed posted:

All this week I’ve been wishing there was a complete online archive of Cricket Magazine. My sister passed down her copies from when the magazine would pick one color to use with the otherwise monochrome illustrations, and I remember there being some fantastic stories in those issues.

I do too! I have an almost-complete physical collection, but only up through the mid 2000s or so. I'll post some of the Prydain-related ephemera as I come across it.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Dude had an incredible face. You can definitely see how Fflewddur Fflam was his self-insert character based on how he's described in the books