Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Methanar posted:

I eat amazingly well now that I'm in the US. I have a proper house I'm living in and a full kitchen.
Fresh fruit and veg always because it's half the price and I don't feel like I'm being robbed any longer.

The quality of life difference really cannot be understated.

Ew

It's like if Scott Adams cared about food prices instead of business practices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
You were in the Vancouver that's in the United States I'm pretty sure not some foreign hellhole like Canada don't be so melodramatic

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Private Cumshoe posted:

You were in the Vancouver that's in the United States I'm pretty sure not some foreign hellhole like Canada don't be so melodramatic

lmao he's getting ready to move to the aboslute utopia that is Knoxville

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

I did actually use the egg price hike to get better eggs for cheaper. I grew up on fresh eggs and there is a massive difference, they are so much better and even in a grocery setting the organic dirty brown eggs are just so much better

prices have normalized and I'm back to stupid sterile and boring mass produced eggs :cry:

Not here. They went down from $7+ but it still costs the same or more for the store brand white eggs.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Methanar posted:

this is unironically what climate change activists have wanted for decades

Yes but since beef is the cheapest I buy only that, which I think is much worse than chicken or pigs re environment? Shits expensive man.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i've diligently kept a monthly budget spreadsheet for the past 5 years. before that i had tried to keep a sheet but due to various factors i never stuck with it so the data before then is very incomplete. between 2018 and now, i just checked, my average grocery bill is only up 6% which is weird. i know for a fact food has become more expensive, especially in the last year or two. but my expense sheets say my spending has barely changed. i've had the same diet and cooking routines basically the whole time. i dunno

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Some items I can look at and know they've doubled in price since 2019

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I use to spend about $120 for two weeks worth of groceries, now it's like $180-$200. My partner also moved in with me so that's probably where most of the increase came from. We split so I personally spend less now :shrug:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i spend about 600-700 canadian dollars a month on groceries and household consumable items

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

Some items I can look at and know they've doubled in price since 2019

Like 2 months ago I was thinking "who is paying 6 bucks for a bag of doritos" whenever I went to the grocery store, these days when I go I'm thinking "who is paying 8 bucks for a bag of doritos".

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

pringles prices are out of control rn.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Store brand soda costs what name brand soda used to cost, and if you buy name brand soda now you're a fool.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

Store brand soda costs what name brand soda used to cost, and if you buy name brand soda now you're a fool.

generic soda sucks rear end

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I doubt I could tell you what's what if i had presidents choice diet cola, or our compliments, or diet coke/coke zero in unmarked glasses. Isn't everyone just buying whatever the cheapest version of anything and also whatever is on sale thats now cheaper than the previous cheapest? When the decision is left up to me and it only affects me, I will make the cheap choice every time.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Peggy Edson posted:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Peggy Edson posted:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Let Publix roll a buy 2 get 2 and I’m back to paying a buck fitty a two liter like it’s 2005.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Mountain Dew 4 lyfe

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
They keep upping the soda deals, it went from Buy 2 get 1 free to b1g1 to now Buy 2 get 3 free. The soda market must be collapsing here or something which is wild because this is a trashy part of san diego that has "lives on code red" written all over it.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

i used to enjoy a nice can of sunkist every day or so, but now they want $9 + deposit for a 12 pack f that i will just not enjoy things anymore.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
We should plant chickory and roast it ourselves, then spend our evenings sipping roast chickory and bitching about how much it sucks

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Chicken breast: $1.99/lb
Lettuce: $3.49/each

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Beer is more expensive but hard liquor seems to have actually gone down for some reason. A 1.75L bottle of stoli used be like 25 usd, now I'm buying it for 17

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
The rent... is too drat high!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Lt. Cock posted:

I was wondering why it seemed like everyone responding to this had been eating their Mean Beans and I just noticed it’s a wizard master thread

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Devils Affricate posted:

Beer is more expensive but hard liquor seems to have actually gone down for some reason. A 1.75L bottle of stoli used be like 25 usd, now I'm buying it for 17

Wine seems like it went down too. Yeah Beer went way up.

Gideon_S
Feb 11, 2001

ramen is 3 for a dollar instead of 5 for a dollar and hotdogs have gone up a little but mccormick vodka has gone down.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah beer demand has gone down quite a bit. I don't drink it at all. Maybe I'm just woke but I enjoy a high noon style drink or a white claw more than a brew.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gideon_S posted:

ramen is 3 for a dollar instead of 5 for a dollar and hotdogs have gone up a little but mccormick vodka has gone down.

My store stopped carrying the cheap ramen and now I can choose from David Chang 12.99 for a 5 pack ramen or Sapporo ichiban for a $6 5 pack.

I usually bought Sapporo anyways though it's worth paying a little more for. I bought the David Chang brand once to to see if it justifies the absurd price point and it does not.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 25, 2023

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Store brand spaghetti seems to be the cheapest stomach filler with some nutrients? My basket usually has all no name pasta, oats, basics for making quick bread and cookies(flour, baking powder, margarine, sugar eggs are expensive so I can sub veg oil or peanut butter or anything that can bind), coffee, milk, medium ground beef, chicken hotdogs, frozen veg, cheap veg for stir-fry, diet coke. $80 a week. Same as my cannabis bill.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Store brand pasta was like .99 cents and now it's 1.25 I'm so upset I have to call congress

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Treecko posted:

Store brand pasta was like .99 cents and now it's 1.25 I'm so upset I have to call congress

congress is why this happened

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Since I moved to my current location right as Covid was becoming a big deal the No Name yellow bag chips at Superstore have gone from 99c (Canadian) to 1.29 and now 1.49 and the CEO of the chain has stepped down to a less public role because he knows we were about to come for him with the guillotine over the price of chips.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Stubbs pickles went from 5.49 to 7.99 at the No Frills and gently caress that

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

in 2022 the united states congress passed a bill that raised wheat and oil commodity pricing globally, can't think of anything else relevant that's been going on since then

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

First of May posted:

Chicken breast: $1.99/lb
Lettuce: $3.49/each

Buy less (no) lettuce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?