Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Back in Halo 2 on Xbox Live, I created a sick trick jumping clan that had like 5 people max. We released a couple videos on the pre-youtube internet and then they kicked me out of my own clan because I was a 12 year old squeaker and also a little poo poo.

I then started a superbouncing team that again only had like 2 other guys in it and released one video. I gave myself the capstone part of the vid which was also my only contribution to it lol. Good times.

So yeah, did anyone else start any sick gaming teams back in the day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

my friends and i never formed a clan but we'd just adopt the tags of other clans between matches and pretend like we were members to piss them off. people would get really really mad at this

lots of team kills in halo 3 too, one of my favorite gaming memories is playing a match and team killing the same guy twice over the course of it without getting kicked. at the end of the match he was furious and just kept saying "no, look at the loving betrayals, look at the loving betrayals" in a severely british accent. we laughed for like an hour after that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Obese Brotherhood.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Wormskull posted:

The Obese Brotherhood.

I mean honestly, that's resume material.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

there was a brief period where the natural selection scene revived here before ns2 came out so i just made a crappy team called clan for cool people where i just invited all my friends and the most popular members of the community to join.

the team was absolute garbage but for the next 12 months i would post a monthly community "top 10 teams" thread that would consistently never have 10 teams in it, and i would always put my team at #1 and the probably actual best team at number two. the guy that ran that one would flip out every time and try to provide receipts proving how much better he was

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Didn't start it, but when I was younger I was part of a Warcraft 3 dota clan called TEAM that I really loved. Chill, friendly people who liked to joke around. There was a shared "TEAM Captain" account that basically everyone knew the password to and no officers, so everybody was on an equal level. I really appreciated that at the time and still think it's cool.

I was one of the founders of a Warhammer Online pvp guild with a bunch of TEAM members, but that name was taken, so I successfully lobbied for the name MANNSCHAFT, which is German for team and I thought was extremely funny.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it is

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yep

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

Didn't start it, but when I was younger I was part of a Warcraft 3 dota clan called TEAM that I really loved. Chill, friendly people who liked to joke around. There was a shared "TEAM Captain" account that basically everyone knew the password to and no officers, so everybody was on an equal level. I really appreciated that at the time and still think it's cool.

I was one of the founders of a Warhammer Online pvp guild with a bunch of TEAM members, but that name was taken, so I successfully lobbied for the name MANNSCHAFT, which is German for team and I thought was extremely funny.

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I started a jazz jackrabbit 2 clan with some random girl online. She accepted and here I was, in my clan of two. I immediately logged off because my parents needed to use the phone and I never saw her again.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Odddzy posted:

I started a jazz jackrabbit 2 clan with some random girl online. She accepted and here I was, in my clan of two. I immediately logged off because my parents needed to use the phone and I never saw her again.

:(

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Odddzy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364qY0Oz-xs

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Odddzy posted:

Missed connections...

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

tmfc posted:

my friends and i never formed a clan but we'd just adopt the tags of other clans between matches and pretend like we were members to piss them off. people would get really really mad at this

did this with [SWAT] in wolfenstein: enemy territory and no one has ever been so mad at me on the internet

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Odddzy posted:

f

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

I had a vassal in Asheron's Call for less than a day before they realized I had no idea what I was doing and quit.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Disco Godfather posted:

I had a vassal in Asheron's Call for less than a day before they realized I had no idea what I was doing and quit.

That's a shame... I believe in you.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
when steam groups came out I made one with a 3 letter url that I guess is a popular YouTube guy and every now and then I get messages from his fans asking if they can buy the group

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Squeezy Farm posted:

when steam groups came out I made one with a 3 letter url that I guess is a popular YouTube guy and every now and then I get messages from his fans asking if they can buy the group

if thats xqc you could make a mint

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i used to grief people on xbox live by pretending to be black

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Back when I was like 13 I used to play lots of PC war sim games like Janes 688i and USAF and found a bunch of people to play multiplayer online with via some message board or chatroom. We played a bunch together and eventually made a Geocities website to hold maps and put together a leaderboard for who got kills in missions and stuff. Over time a bunch of people found it and joined and I think we had well a over a hundred people at some point.

Everything got organized into a fake military structure because we were dorks and I was made Rear Admiral or something because I volunteered to spend like hours updating leaderboards every day because I had nothing else to do (I was 13). We did everything via ICQ and everyone there was clearly way older than me because they all talked about their jobs and poo poo. I didn't lie about my age or anything (we didn't use voice chat or anything) but never brought up my age because I assumed they didn't want to play with some dumb kid. When they all talked about their jobs and how their boss was an rear end in a top hat or something I always just said Yeah Same Here Real Ball and Chain or something. But I was just talking about my teacher.

Anyways, because this was like early internet we all used our real names on the leaderboard along with our fake military rank. One day my mom walks into the room with a weird look on her face and says I have a phone call. I pick up the phone and there is an incredibly old smoker sounding woman on the line asking if this is the Rear Admiral. She is like half sobbing telling me that her computer is broken and she wanted to make sure that everyone knew that she was ok and that she wasn't quitting. I remember faking the deepest voice possible and saying stuff like 'Uh yup I will pass that along thank you sorry to hear that Well I've got to go' while my mom was listening in from the other room. After that I waited like two weeks (so that the woman wouldn't feel bad) then quit because it scared the poo poo out of me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Serious rear end teenage RP Clans for the loving absolute Win. Props.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Back when I was like 13 I used to play lots of PC war sim games like Janes 688i and USAF and found a bunch of people to play multiplayer online with via some message board or chatroom. We played a bunch together and eventually made a Geocities website to hold maps and put together a leaderboard for who got kills in missions and stuff. Over time a bunch of people found it and joined and I think we had well a over a hundred people at some point.

Everything got organized into a fake military structure because we were dorks and I was made Rear Admiral or something because I volunteered to spend like hours updating leaderboards every day because I had nothing else to do (I was 13). We did everything via ICQ and everyone there was clearly way older than me because they all talked about their jobs and poo poo. I didn't lie about my age or anything (we didn't use voice chat or anything) but never brought up my age because I assumed they didn't want to play with some dumb kid. When they all talked about their jobs and how their boss was an rear end in a top hat or something I always just said Yeah Same Here Real Ball and Chain or something. But I was just talking about my teacher.

Anyways, because this was like early internet we all used our real names on the leaderboard along with our fake military rank. One day my mom walks into the room with a weird look on her face and says I have a phone call. I pick up the phone and there is an incredibly old smoker sounding woman on the line asking if this is the Rear Admiral. She is like half sobbing telling me that her computer is broken and she wanted to make sure that everyone knew that she was ok and that she wasn't quitting. I remember faking the deepest voice possible and saying stuff like 'Uh yup I will pass that along thank you sorry to hear that Well I've got to go' while my mom was listening in from the other room. After that I waited like two weeks (so that the woman wouldn't feel bad) then quit because it scared the poo poo out of me.

lmao badass

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Gonna be thinking on my death bed about how no one ever phoned me up and called me the Rear Admiral.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also I have an extremely uncommon last name and the website was popular enough for it to be the top result on Google when searching for my name for like a literal decade. So I had to explain to uncles and other relatives why I was listed as an Admiral on some website through my mid 20s whenever they googled themselves

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Also I have an extremely uncommon last name and the website was popular enough for it to be the top result on Google when searching for my name for like a literal decade. So I had to explain to uncles and other relatives why I was listed as an Admiral on some website through my mid 20s whenever they googled themselves

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i was talking poo poo in irc in like the mid 2000s and shared my address saying no one would do poo poo. i wish i still had it but it got lost years ago, someone sent me a letter where he had carefully made a beautiful collage of a man handing me a bomb and all the letters cut out of a magazine like a randsom note to spell letterbomb. apparently he was really nervous posting it lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol badass

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmfao