Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Xander77 posted:

Went to Valley of the Fallen (closed, even though it should be open according to the website) El Escorial (has some amazing mansions in the town itself. Or MacMansions? What's the difference, anyway?) and finally, Segovia (didn't have time to check out Aviilla.

The road to Segovia is hella winding (annoying to drive at night) through a thick forest (major change from the prairies and fields elsewhere around Madrid). Checked (or rather didn't, because it's always closed) the bullring, the aqueduct (meh) the cathedral (got the belltower tour - a bit of a chore with my poor fitness, but nice views) and Alcazar (meh compared to the cathedral).

I was going to suggest Valley of the Fallen, but it sounds like it was closed. :( Similarly, I didn't love El Escorial itself.

Chewbecca posted:

I am gonna be in Segovia in a few months, driving, didn't know the roads were winding :stonk:

Are they sealed roads at least?

Yeah, the road to Segovia is better than you're going to find almost anywhere in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU