Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
scary book question from thread title
Yes
No
Goku
View Results

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I could never handle horror movies so I figured I wouldn't be able to handle horror books. For some reason around the time my daughter was born and I was awake multiple times during the night feeding her I read We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix. It was creepy as poo poo but it didn't really scare me. Over the next few years I read the rest of his books and similarly they're creepy, unnerving, spooky, but not really scary. Until I read his latest, How to Sell a Haunted House. It legitimately kept me awake at night. But at least no nightmares like when I watched a horror movie as a kid. I think the big reason it was actually scary to me was because there's a lot of endangering kids and kids being possessed and my kids are roughly the ages of the kids in the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU