Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
scary book question from thread title
Yes
No
Goku
View Results

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I was talking to a friend the other day; the two of us are big horror movie buffs and we talked about the last movie that scared either of us, which got us talking about whether books can be "scary". I know horror books are a big genre but I'm curious to know whether a book has ever successfully given you the willies. If so, what book was it & why?

I feel like I've been unsettled by books but not really scared. I feel like it has to do with how much horror is a visual/aural phenomenon for me and I don't know that my imagination is capable of drumming up something worse than what the girl from The Ring did to my brain when I was a kid. But then, I don't read a lot of horror either. So I guess I am also farming for recs here too :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU