Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

blarzgh posted:

I slot him as one of the best QBs in the league for the last 7 years and better than any other option the Cowboys have for the next 3 or 4 seasons and every team in the league that doesn't have a player named mahomes. Alan or Burrows would trade quarterback situations in a heartbeat.

Lots of teams have won lots of Super bowls with lots. Worst quarterbacks, like Eli Manning for example, So if you can't win with that then that's on you.

He's anti-clutch. Romo was a far better QB and could actually win a game after going down two scores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ladies and gentlemen, Mark Sanchez: More clutch than Dak Prescott.

pre:
Jets Total	Win	Loss	Rec
Reg Rec		3	11	0.214
Playoffs	0	1	0.000
Total		3	12	0.200

Eagles Total	Win	Loss	Rec
Reg Rec		0	4	0.000

Career Tot	6	28	0.176
I will note that 9 of Sanchez's losses were situations where he was down 10+ points in the first quarter. They were massive blowouts where the game was never in reach.

In games where they're down 10+ in the first, Sanchez is 0-9, Dak is 1-1, and Romo is 1-2.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 27, 2024

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

blarzgh posted:

Alan or Burrows would trade quarterback situations in a heartbeat.

ok you're fully out of your mind, even putting aside play/age/ceiling Cinci would keep Burrow just cause he's cooler than Dak

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Eli is going to the Hall and it'll be first ballot. Dak needs to fight to get in, period

Dak would need to go on an insane run to get into the hall given his peers. 2 superbowl wins minimum

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

indigi posted:

Dak would need to go on an insane run to get into the hall given his peers. 2 superbowl wins minimum

Mark Sanchez was more clutch than Dak will ever be. Dak isn't going into the hall. He'll take a while to even make the cowboys ring of honor.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Eli is going to the Hall and it'll be first ballot. Dak needs to fight to get in, period

Eli should make it into the HoF just for holding the record for most losses by a starting QB.

A record that won't soon fall.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Dak doesn't have the stats. He doesn't have the story. And he doesn't have the rings - and he never will. Zero HOF case.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

There should be a section of the hall dedicated specifically to Eli Manning and Nick Foles

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You mean the hall of fame ?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

ok you're fully out of your mind, even putting aside play/age/ceiling Cinci would keep Burrow just cause he's cooler than Dak

Not named - as in, they wouldn't swap

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

triple sulk posted:

There should be a section of the hall dedicated specifically to Eli Manning and Nick Foles

When I was there in January, they had Eli’s helmet next to Tyree’s as part of a display on Super Bowl XLII.

I didn’t get a picture of it, but they also had Foles’ jersey from Super Bowl LII in another area where they rotate stuff from their collection.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Ayudo posted:

Eli should make it into the HoF just for holding the record for most losses by a starting QB.

A record that won't soon fall.

Truly an insurmountable record that is surely set to stand the test of time and never be surpassed, Eli manning's career loss totals

Ah, poo poo, I'm being told that it was broken by a guy who was drafted when Eli was 6 years old

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-career-losses-by-a-quarterback-in-regular-season

Truly the shortest lived insurmountable record I've seen today

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Iodised QQ posted:

Truly an insurmountable record that is surely set to stand the test of time and never be surpassed, Eli manning's career loss totals

Ah, poo poo, I'm being told that it was broken by a guy who was drafted when Eli was 6 years old

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-career-losses-by-a-quarterback-in-regular-season

Truly the shortest lived insurmountable record I've seen today

I actually got that stat from statmuse. Imagine my disappointment in them for misleading me!

E: https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/which-quarterback-has-the-most-losses-in-their-career-as-a-starter

Not entirely sure what distinction stat muse draws with the starter designation, but it's pretty impressive if Testaverde came in and lost 22 games in relief.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 27, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That should tell you too stop relying on stats other than the ones you know

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Always amazing that people are okay with Devin Hester getting into the hall and in the same breath think a two time super bowl MVP doesn't deserve to go in because his regular season stats weren't impressive in an offense that did him zero favors. Nevermind he's top 10 in passing yards and TDs in a run first offense.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah. Do like me. Go collect your own stats that prove that Mark Sanchez was more clutch than Dak.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah. Do like me. Go collect your own stats that prove that Mark Sanchez was more clutch than Dak.

You can't really expect me to fall for such obvious bait like the Eli posters?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I love the neat coincidence that fans of teams who haven't won a Super Bowl in 30 years are obsessed with regular season stats

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dak can't come from behind and win. If he goes down early, he's done. He doesn't have the same level of resiliency of someone like Mark Sanchez, which can also be seen in their respective playoff win/loss record.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Doltos posted:

I love the neat coincidence that fans of teams who haven't won a Super Bowl in 30 years are obsessed with regular season stats

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I love Eli for slaying the dragon twice and also for ruining opening night at Jerry World and signing the locker room wall as a blatant sign of disrespect.

He belongs in the HOF and so does Hester

Also, Dak is trash

gently caress the Cowboys

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I think ultimately the Cowboys' issues come down to Jerry because he's in charge of hiring the coach. him and Steve engineer some very good to great engines, then put a governor on them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The QB melted down in the playoffs

That’s the problem.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Instead of blaming corporate and management, I think maybe the employees in Texas should pull themselves up by the bootstraps and try harder to have more post-season success.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can blame Jerry for sticking with Dak I guess

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

That’s the problem.

that's the problem this season but it hasn't always been thus

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

also a better coach would be able to see that Dak was tilting and have a plan to account for it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Put in the back up ?? What other plan

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

whatever Shanahan and McVeigh do when they have bullshit QBs but still manage to call a good offense

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

euphronius posted:

That’s the problem.

yup

knew it was over as soon as I saw Dakface

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if Garoppolo and Goff can be dragged kicking and screaming to a NFC championship win there's no reason the same feat is beyond Dak

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Someone give me another four year starter (don't care if it's multiple teams) to compare against Dak's clutchness after we've definitely seen that he's not as good as Mark Sanchez.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he isn't clutch but neither was Peyton. it's not a requirement for moderate postseason success

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

indigi posted:

he isn't clutch but neither was Peyton. it's not a requirement for moderate postseason success

I'll look up Peyton next. We'll see how he ranks. Right now it's Mahomes (presumed), Romo, Sanchez, Dak. I'm pretty sure Peyton is going to rank well.

e: oof Peyton's first year starting was rough. 0-6 in these types of games.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 27, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Garrapollo and Goff are better than dak so I don’t see the comparison

At some point you have to judge QBs on irl results you know

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Do you think Dak will wear the same number when he's a Giant for 2025-2026?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do coaches get numbers ?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

indigi posted:

I think ultimately the Cowboys' issues come down to Jerry because he's in charge of hiring the coach. him and Steve engineer some very good to great engines, then put a governor on them

This has been pretty much my take for years. It's a team that always has talent but the coaching sucks.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shyfted One posted:

Do you think Dak will wear the same number when he's a Giant for 2025-2026?

#4 is retired by the Giants, so he can wear #0 when he’s third string behind Tommy DeVito and their 2025 1st round pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

Garrapollo and Goff are better than dak so I don’t see the comparison

At some point you have to judge QBs on irl results you know

Garoppolo threw a pass in the superbowl with his eyes closed. nothing is more irl