Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Doltos posted:

Eagles two years ago were a dream team headed by a bad QB and bad coach that lucked their way into the Super Bowl in a terrible conference. They were such a dream team that despite proving nothing and having a bad QB and Coach they still almost won that Super Bowl despite being too stupid to switch up cleats. They were insanely talented.

It makes the loss so much better.

This one speaks the truth and it's fuckin hilarious

"Oops bad shoes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

Didn’t he go from zone to m2m or something

Yeah. The eagles had him entirely in the wrong scheme. I think he was a man guy on the raiders always following the #1 while the eagles used him in zone, and he struggled hard.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

euphronius posted:

Didn’t he go from zone to m2m or something

Opposite but yeah.

I don't think he was entirely washed when he got there but they stuck him in an entirely new system that didn't play to his strengths. His drop-off happened while he was already in a poo poo system with an offensive line coach for a DC, so it's hard to say when it started exactly.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah. The eagles had him entirely in the wrong scheme. I think he was a man guy on the raiders always following the #1 while the eagles used him in zone, and he struggled hard.

He also didn't follow the #1 in Oakland; he stayed on one side of the field, so if you wanted to utilize your #1, you just...Switched him to the other side to abuse whatever trash corner the Raiders had over there.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
go Phillies

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/JordanSig/status/1773435409059516495?s=20

He got better…
https://x.com/JoeA_NFL/status/1773440039667556632?s=20

https://x.com/Gcarmi21/status/1773458997107974270?s=20

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
He was ultimately held back by sconce choice paralysis.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
very sad about reddick leaving. I love local guys.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Yeah, good job getting rid of the best player on an already bottom five lovely defense.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
With them bringing in Huff, I can't get too upset about Reddick leaving. I just hope this means they work things out with Sweat, because otherwise their Edge options are Brandon Graham and ???, and I'd really prefer they use the draft to focus on the back seven.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
https://deadspin.com/report-cowboys-rb-ezekiel-elliott-open-to-reunion-1851377546

Report: Cowboys, RB Ezekiel Elliott open to reunion

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jerruh just can't quit Zeke.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah whatever it's fine, make it clear to the fanbase where the expectations should be

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah whatever it's fine, make it clear to the fanbase where the expectations should be

All. In.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi posted:

Dak completes a pass for 7 yards on a 3rd & 8 in a preseason game against 4th stringers while down 12 and half the fan base will start going “SUPER BOWL HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS” while pulling their Starter jacket from the closet in the spare bedroom and debating whether to pair it with their Yankees or Lakers hat.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can Deke play right tackle ?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
No, just center

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Do I need to do the post again about the Joneses

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

elime anning posted:

No, just center

Greatest play in Cowboys history

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/Commanders/status/1774861614157582431?s=20

Guess we’re taking a OT at pick 2 now.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 1, 2024

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fartknocker posted:

Dak completes a pass for 7 yards on a 3rd & 8 in a preseason game against 4th stringers while down 12 and half the fan base will start going “SUPER BOWL HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS” while pulling their Starter jacket from the closet in the spare bedroom and debating whether to pair it with their Yankees or Lakers hat.

Skip standing beside his automatic trashcan till the lid opens so he can retrieve his fourth Dak jersey

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Latest fan poll on hogshaven.

Gonna be the longest three weeks ever. I think I agree with it, they’ll take Daniels at two, then try and trade back up in to the second half of round 1 to grab an OT.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I haven't heard about dak in like 4 days, is everything ok in .... Oxnard California lol jfc I was not expecting this search result for cowboys training camp.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
why wouldn’t cowboys be around ox nards?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/thegailygrind/status/696456564836868096

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Asproigerosis posted:

I haven't heard about dak in like 4 days, is everything ok in .... Oxnard California lol jfc I was not expecting this search result for cowboys training camp.

Sorry I've been busy!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Do you have any stats on why Oxnard California is a superior training camp site compared to the entire state of texas?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Asproigerosis posted:

Do you have any stats on why Oxnard California is a superior training camp site compared to the entire state of texas?

Yes, it generates the Cowboys revenue and marketing and merch sales and therefore the competitive disadvantage of hauling your entire team across the country is justified

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's always nice and sunny outside in Oxnard. The same isn't true in DFW.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It sure is a head scratcher why a rich oil baron wants to spend some time in sunny southern california every year.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/TheHerd/status/1777381572100116922

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
well if Colin Cowherd thinks so....

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
they hired Kliff and then signed Mariota as the backup, they're definitely going Daniels barring some injury/red flag even occurring

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1777431932151689293

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:golfclap:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

they hired Kliff and then signed Mariota as the backup, they're definitely going Daniels barring some injury/red flag even occurring

His playing weight is 205 lbs and runs like he's doing stunts for Jackass.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Cash Monet posted:

His playing weight is 205 lbs and runs like he's doing stunts for Jackass.

That's exactly what Kliff will say after next season to justify his job!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/LakeLewisJr/status/1778090585032704308

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Eagles extended DeVonta Smith for 3 years. Seems like a decent deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shyfted One posted:

Eagles extended DeVonta Smith for 3 years. Seems like a decent deal.

He burned the Commanders a couple times last season, I remember liking what I saw in those games.