Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shyfted One posted:

Eagles extended DeVonta Smith for 3 years. Seems like a decent deal.

Sounds good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
What are the details

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
2025: $15
2026: $25
2027: $25
2028: $25

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/15/eagles-news-devonta-smith-5th-year-option-contract-extension/

"The move ensures Smith is on the roster until 2028 and is under contract at a discounted rate.

In 2025, Smith will make $15 million in the final year of his rookie deal before making an average of $25 million per season in 2026, 2027, and 2028.

The fifth-year option adds value to the deal. Philadelphia will have Smith under contract for four more years after the 2024 season at an average of $22.5 million per season."

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

25 right now seems a bit rich for a secondary receiver, but in a couple years it'll look cheap

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

indigi posted:

25 right now seems a bit rich for a secondary receiver, but in a couple years it'll look cheap

I think that’s in line with what we paid Terry McLaurin if I recall.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
A Football Life was on TV at work today and I forgot that Bruce Smith played for Washington. Also forgot he got suspended 30 days once.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Good morning to the fans of the 27 plus teams who don't have a top five quarterback. Good luck in the draft in a couple weeks

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

A 2-5 quarterback

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BiggerBoat posted:

A Football Life was on TV at work today and I forgot that Bruce Smith played for Washington. Also forgot he got suspended 30 days once.

"played"

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

blarzgh posted:

Good morning to the fans of the 27 plus teams who don't have a top five quarterback. Good luck in the draft in a couple weeks

Sometimes I think you aren't actually here to hunt bear

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

A 2-5 quarterback

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

A 2-5 quarterback

Good afternoon to all the haters as well, good luck in the draft!

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

blarzgh posted:

yeah, it's gonna be great next year when he can be on a real team that's actually trying to win. poor ol' dak, stuck on a joke team.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dingo with a joint posted:

yeah, it's gonna be great next year when he can be on a real team that's actually trying to win. poor ol' dak, stuck on a joke team.

When he can't win in January there either I wonder what the excuse will be. "Not enough weapons", "bad coach", "bad owner" and "bad weather" cards have already been played

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

When he can't win in January there either I wonder what the excuse will be. "Not enough weapons", "bad coach", "bad owner" and "bad weather" cards have already been played

Advanced stats actually show that Dak has been to 2 Super Bowls and won once.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish Dak was as good as Blake Bortles

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BiggerBoat posted:

Advanced stats actually show that Dak has been to 2 Super Bowls and won once.

You forgot to carry the 1, so the actual advanced math results in Dak having a 1-6 playoff record.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/Sam4TR/status/1780225066694737945

This is fantastic news if you’re hopeful for the Commanders to return to the old RFK site.

quote:

Washington hired Kirtan Mehta, chief of staff for Sen. John Hickenlooper (D-CO), as its new VP of Public Affairs, the team announced.

Mehta will have a key role in the team’s new stadium search. Mehta has worked in finance and notably spent five years with Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), who chairs the Energy & Natural Resources committee, which is the next stop for the RFK bill that passed the House in February.

https://x.com/granthpaulsen/status/1780214721544585238

https://x.com/byajperez/status/1780386910608797802

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 17, 2024

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

blarzgh posted:

Good luck to Washington fans and their 2024 starting quarterback, Mop Handle Sticking Out of a Bucket

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mahomes is the only top 5 qb atm. So it’s every team but Kc that doesn’t have a top 5 qb

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

Mahomes is the only top 5 qb atm. So it’s every team but Kc that doesn’t have a top 5 qb

:hmmyes:

Stroud looks good, though.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

This guy gets it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I think Allen is a top 5 QB

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

indigi posted:

He spends like a third of every season playing like a moron.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah but the highs are high enough to drag up the average

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

euphronius posted:

five shamanic qbs committed ritual suicide and all their souls were combined into one qb super-soul, which was born as mahomes.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah that episode of Dragon Ball Super ruled

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

indigi posted:

wow i didn't know tony romo posted here. big fan of you, buddy.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Mr. Nice! posted:

wow i didn't know tony romo posted here. big fan of you, buddy.

It can't be Romo, he didn't call him 'ThE aLiEn'

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Allen is not as good as Mahomes so he’s only 6th best at most

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
11th, because Burrow is 6-10

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Burrow is a top 5 PT client for sure

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1780218751683612971

⬜️🔐

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
ESPN posted this in-depth story about Belichick not getting a job and it turns out he was at least flirting with the Eagles, Cowboys, and Commies, and is holding out hope for the Eagles, Cowboys, or Giants next year.

Let us all take a moment to reflect on the bullet we collectively dodged, as a division, and pray it can be done again.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Belichek is a victim of his own success. He’s earned the right to be a Head Coach and GM, but nobody wants to give him that power cause he’s stunk the past 3-4 seasons.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
a washed belichick vs. the new york sports media? we should be so loving lucky

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress it, come to Dallas

win or lose, so long as it makes the hate grow stronger I don't even care anymore

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Cooper Dejean to Philly would work for me

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'd definitely take belichick in philly if I didn't think he was totally washed at this point because after all he's in his loving mid 70s. More suitable to start a new career in congress at that age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

gently caress it, come to Dallas

win or lose, so long as it makes the hate grow stronger I don't even care anymore

No please no