Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Close but not quite. The eagles were disproportionately impacted in the first half because they had the wrong god damned cleats on. Did y'all forget half the team changing shoes at halftime? If the turf was an issue, it was because the eagles staff hosed up.

Once they changed cleats, the slippage was pretty equal between teams and happened most in painted areas. The eagles slip n slide in the first half was, in large part, because they had the wrong cleats on for the playing surface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

But, really, the eagles lost because they had a terrible defense that was just hidden behind a great front four. The could do nothing to stop the chiefs in the second half, and it wasn't because they were slipping around. They had a gameplan that literally only works if you have consistent pressure and are getting sacks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Killing the pass tush for both teams disproportionately effects they eagles in the context of that game

It wasn’t the only issue

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you remember going into the game the eagles were favored because (in part) their pass rush which had just (if you remember ) destroyed the 49ers and whoever else they played before that I don’t even recall

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!
Your new Washington Commanders owner:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1653413582753742851?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In the end the league has more invested in Mahomes (esp with Brady retiring ) than hurts so we got the obvious result

Brady screwed us again

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!
:nms:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1653910785494589440?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m sure that will address the tough issues

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

euphronius posted:

In the end the league has more invested in Mahomes (esp with Brady retiring ) than hurts so we got the obvious result

Brady screwed us again

the oliver stone of the nfc east thread strikes again

artistry

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I think the real issue with the Super Bowl turf is that as rich as the NFL is and with two weeks to prepare the field for the biggest god damned game and highest viewed TV show of the year that they couldn't get the motherfucking field ready.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
more than just two weeks, they'd been working on that particular surface for two loving years

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

Killing the pass tush for both teams disproportionately effects they eagles in the context of that game

It wasn’t the only issue

You wanted to use affect not effect there. Effected would have also worked.

euphronius posted:

If you remember going into the game the eagles were favored because (in part) their pass rush which had just (if you remember ) destroyed the 49ers and whoever else they played before that I don’t even recall

The eagles pass rush struggled in other games besides the super bowl. The slip-n-slide first half was equipment issues otherwise both teams were affected the same. The eagles defense was real bad last year except for sacks, and anyone that watched the eagles knew it. They almost lost to cooper rush in large part because they were unable to sack him. The sacks didn't even matter in some games like the second game against dallas when dak hung 40 on them despite being sacked six times.

The turf didn't cause the eagles to lose the game. It was not something that uniquely affected them.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

euphronius posted:

It wasn’t the only issue

The more complete team won the game? Wild.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mr. Nice! posted:

But, really, the eagles lost because they had a terrible defense that was just hidden behind a great front four.

I'd argue they had the players for a good secondary as well but Gannon was a terrible DC and the defense only improved last season because of Howie, Gannon had less than nothing to do with it. if anything he held them back

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

You wanted to use affect not effect there. Effected would have also worked.

Thank you I never get them right

I need a mnemonic

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think the field uniquely affected the eagles

I said it disproportionately affected them

Basically the nfl saw the eagles break Brock Pretty or whatever his name was and freaked the gently caress out and made sure that would not happen to Mahomes whom they and all of their advertising partners have hundreds of millions if not billions invested into as the face of the nfl

They could have just put one of those practice red pinnies on Mahomes. Same effect

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

re: affect/effect in writing, one of my professors gave the advice "just use a different word"

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

euphronius posted:

Basically the nfl saw the eagles break Brock Pretty or whatever his name was and freaked the gently caress out and made sure that would not happen to Mahomes whom they and all of their advertising partners have hundreds of millions if not billions invested into as the face of the nfl

Perfect, 10/10, no notes

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Eagles played at Arizona in September or w/e and didn't have a problem with the field then. Did the cheap rear end Bidwells install an entirely new field for the SB?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Strobe posted:

The more complete team won the game? Wild.

Actually the more complete team by a large amount lost

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Eagles played at Arizona in September or w/e and didn't have a problem with the field then. Did the cheap rear end Bidwells install an entirely new field for the SB?
Its a movable field that gets rolled out of the dome so the grass gets actual sunlight. Apparently, before the Super Bowl it got over-watered (I dont know why) and under-sunned (because the grass had to be inside the stadium for poo poo like halftime show practice). It got painted after it got over-watered and under-sunned. Being wet, in the shade, and with paint on top.... it started to, essentially, rot and get gross.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Diqnol posted:

Actually the more complete team by a large amount lost

They were completely unprepared to deal with a QB like Mahomes

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

euphronius posted:

I don’t think the field uniquely affected the eagles

I said it disproportionately affected them

They could have just put one of those practice red pinnies on Mahomes. Same effect

You forgot the adrenochrome that they gave the Chiefs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

predicto posted:

You forgot the adrenochrome that they gave the Chiefs

Maybe you are joking but that happened to the eagles before. Close to that

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Dexter Lawrence just got paaaaaaid

ESPN posted:

New York Giants All-Pro defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence reached agreement Thursday on a four-year, $90 million extension, including $60 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The deal makes Lawrence the third highest-paid defensive tackle in the NFL.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

They were completely unprepared to deal with a QB like Mahomes

I think they would have done a lot better if they didn't lose 60% of their takeoff energy to a slip n' slide

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rogue Elephant posted:

Dexter Lawrence just got paaaaaaid

Now they have to pay Thomas and McKinney.

euphronius posted:

It wasn’t the only issue

It disproportionately affected the Eagles because their pass rushers go wide and cut in while the Niners' pass rushers were more straight on and gap slipping. Eagles pass rushers were falling far more than Chiefs ones even after the cleat swap. It makes it even funnier because it's a legitimate thing to complain about but Eagles fans aren't allowed to without sounding bitchmade.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

even considering what a bad DC Gannon was, if they started the game with the correct equipment they probably win. they played themselves

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!
https://wtop.com/washington-commanders/2023/05/commanders-supporting-dc-efforts-to-control-rfk-stadium-site/

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

euphronius posted:

It wasn’t the only issue

Michael Strahan had a great pass tush.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Lmao Philly only played 3 Actual NFL QBs all year and gave up

33 points to Rogers
40 points to Dak
38 points to Mahomes

But it was surely the turf

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

blarzgh posted:

Lmao Philly only played 3 Actual NFL QBs all year and gave up

33 points to Rogers
40 points to Dak
38 points to Mahomes

But it was surely the turf
4 Actual NFL QBs; but they got play Trevor in a monsoon.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

indigi posted:

even considering what a bad DC Gannon was, if they started the game with the correct equipment they probably win. they played themselves

While the right equipment would help, don't know if it would make that much a difference in the first half. The Chiefs only scored 7 offensive points, and they weren't going to hold Mahomes scoreless for the half.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

I’m sure that will address the tough issues

The series will end in 1996 and anyone who questions it gets transferred to the CFL.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://youtube.com/shorts/wA0p5I3_eMA?feature=share

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

this is me interacting with anybody cool

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

From the main nfl thread

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

euphronius posted:

From the main nfl thread

Glad to be in the good East, away from Aaron's magic balls.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://twitter.com/boorxdley/status/1654553140639801348?s=46&t=iKRd8HFU_YKuztXfs1p-lw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

fuuuck i might have to get a jersey before he even plays a snap.

This is why I am a huge proponent of hometown players.