Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

tough poll to answer. are the cowboys truly disappointing if they lose a whole bunch of games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Dexter Lawrence just got paaaaaaid

ESPN posted:

New York Giants All-Pro defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence reached agreement Thursday on a four-year, $90 million extension, including $60 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The deal makes Lawrence the third highest-paid defensive tackle in the NFL.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

indigi posted:

probably shouldn't talk poo poo if they never did poo poo

dude. the last 25 years are calling you and yelling something about 'hubris." whatever that is

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Doltos posted:

I feel like the NFC West is getting really strong and the AFC East is still pretty solid, especially addition through subtraction up in New England. The Seahawks, Commanders, Giants, Pats, and Dolphins all spent a top pick on a DB this year probably prepping for the Eagles.

AFC east i agree with but i absolutely refuse to believe in brock purdy (maybe), geno smith, kyler murray and the ghost of matthew stafford

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

As a non-cowboys fan, i'm very happy that their special teams coach is willing to absolutely ether anyone who dare play the position where nerves of steel, confidence and a short memory are absolutely paramount. what a loving joke of an organization

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

That chart literally says he's league average, he's not a world beater, he's not Josh Allen or whatever but he is competent

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Problem is league average is QB purgatory

100% agree. The Giants in general are in purgatory. They're not talented enough right now to make a deep run and truly contend (unless Jones makes a big unexpected leap) but they're just good enough to pick like, 18th in the draft for the next 3/4 years. I do however have some faith in Daboll, and also the fact that Jones will have some actual continuity for the first time in his career.

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 28, 2023

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Jerry Jones was in the crowd of people resisting the integration of Little Rock High School in 1957 so he's in like his own special category

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Pats are hanging with the Birds?

mac jones absolutely carved them up right before the half

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

i wore a giants hat out in public tonight

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I'd like to try to have an opinion about tonight beyond 'man, the giants suck extreme rear end' but i can't. Everyone, including Daniel Jones, looked like they want Caleb Williams on the team next year

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I might've defended him the hardest by saying he's mediocre enough to keep them from ever getting a high pick but not good enough to get them into actual contention.

The Giants are in the Joe Flacco Zone

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Eagles will probably be fine but when you get 4 turnovers and the other team is still in the game... woof. At least the cowboys had the decency to blow the giants out of the water when they got 3

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

indigi posted:

other teams have tried that push-sneak land can't get it done, and Minshew wasn't good at it either with the same OL, so Hurts is contributing something unique in those 1 yard must-have situations

that said, it doesn't mean anything about his running ability cause the other contemporary QB with that same unique skill is Tom Brady

Brady was good at picking his spot, Hurts is good at picking his spot and also can squat like 600 pounds

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

The Dave posted:

Yeah this is blow up the team territory now. That loving Jones extension.

They can't. It's already blown up. They have so little talent. Saquon, Thomas, and then ???

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

The Dave posted:

Maybe I meant literally.

harsh but fair

edit: VVV yeah i realized i was forgetting him almost immediately after posting

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 17, 2023

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Hey, Jalen Hyatt did a thing, that's kinda neat

*resumes drinking bleach*

that's twice i've seen him absolutely cook someone, he needs to be on the field more

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

yea ok posted:

Dallas Cowboys

Disgusting if true

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

my guy

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Wouldn't that put a crippling dead cap hit on the Giants next year

edit: VVV booooooo VVV

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 25, 2023

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Dak Prescott suffers from Eli Manning syndome. He's good. he's good at quarterback, but everyone's instinct is to say that a QB sucks poo poo or is an all time great. He is neither great nor trash and never will be, he will simply be good (he also won't ever win poo poo because the cowboys have been cursed by a benevolent god)

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

edit: misread the post, never mind

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 28, 2023

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Ayudo posted:

Those Eli helmed Superbowl teams proving that you don't even have to be particularly good on either side of the ball!

The 2011 team wasn't good but the 2007 team was very good AND peaked at the right time. The next year with essentially the same team they were I think 9-1 and then The Plaxico Incident completely derailed them

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Fox cut away and is making me watch the cowboys/patriots, which, I guess I'm rooting for mutual annihiliation here

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

It's an ugly, annoying play to watch but I don't see any reason to ban it really

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

The Pats just failed to execute it, which is hilarious.

You have to consider jalen hurts, who is good at football and is built like a brick shithouse, vs mac jones, who is bad at football and is not

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Doltos posted:

He's in the same offense as Mahomes but he takes stupid rear end sacks and never pushes the ball down field.

I'm with you on the stupid rear end sacks but the line is so bad that he doesn't get to push the ball downfield

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

For a second I was like 'poo poo, didn't he used to be really loving good' and then i realized I was thinking of Chris Snee

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

jesus, at least when the giants have gotten taken to the woodshed it's been a competent team doing it

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

davecrazy posted:

I think the Giants are easily the worst team in the NFL.

They are down near the bottom but I'm also watching this Patriots game and they are worse

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Well so the Giants surrendered fewer points to the 49ers than the Cowboys did and also scored more points against them. The Cowboys are frauds, and are worse than the Giants. Congratulations

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Washington and New York fans, how have your rookie centers been?

John Michael Schmitz and Ricky Stromberg?

Schmitz got hurt almost immediately I think, so the jury is out. His backup got hurt yesterday too :suicide:

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Danny Dimes is out against the Bills. I can feel the QB controversy already brewing

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

:laffo: eagles

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Bench Jones, roll with Tyrod, team might be mildly functional

Hard agree, Giants win that if the O line wasn't band aids and chewing gum. Get Hyatt in more. Good job defense, I'm sorry the offense let you down

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Leonard Williams good or bad? ty

He's good op

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Doltos posted:

Leonard is very good. Prob one of the best in the league at hand fighting so he gets his position to punish one on one matchups pretty well. The Giants were most likely going to let him walk at the end of the year because his contract. Plus a 2nd and a 5th is way too attractive to give up for a bottom dwelling team.

The Giants also have a defense that doesn't really need more than one DT disrupting as the other one just has to occupy a blocker without getting pushed backwards. They're a quasi 4-3 that produces heavy sides based on whatever gives Dexter Lawrence the best one on one matchup. When offenses start double teaming Lawrence they switch into single gap assignment all out pass rushing with like seven guys that could potentially be deployed anywhere. It's kind of like Spags' old nascar package but instead of really fast DEs it's like Jihad Ward being obstinant.

ya i said all this already. he's good op

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I've been desperate for Hyatt to be more involved but ahhh. Not like that

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Giants worst team in the NFL

I'm trying so hard to be patient with Daboll cause of how injured everyone is but fuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Im more or less fine with the team just running out the year as a pile of garbage but Daboll is on the hot seat next year. The coaching so far has not been good

IIRC the Giants should have decent cap room next year to spend, I have to think him and Schoen will know they need to save their jobs